OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

The new Outlook.com

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sound - how to turn off

how do you turn off sound?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

2. Could someone help me send some photos that were emailed to me into my desktop file? How do you do that from your inbox. I' new to this.

Could someone help me with cutting some photos from my inbox and sending it to my desktop file? What is the process? I am very new to this. Thank you in advance to any and all who have answers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

3. Problem with "Manage Subscriptions" & Junk Email

Within the past 2 weeks I've been receiving excessive junk mail in my inbox, and most of it relates to subscriptions that I did not request, but which now show under Manage Subscriptions. I keep blocking the emails and have unsubscribed to the subscriptions in the mail tools, but I never had this problem before.

199 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

148 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all! I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing these problems. Outlook does not subscribe you to any subscription emails, so these emails are from other senders who have your email address.

You should be able to unsubscribe to these individually by clicking a link on each unwanted email. Alternatively, you can block the sender in settings by going to Mail > Junk email > Block Senders. https://outlook-sdf.office.com/mail/options/mail/junkEmail

We’ll also be releasing a feature soon which will let you manage all of your subscriptions from inside your Outlook.com account… Stay on the lookout!

Colin

4. Task, favorite, editing bars - where did they go?

Task and utility bars. Where did they go?

How do I restore the favorites bar, bottom task bar, and editing-reply bar? Hotmail has become useless. Why?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

5. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

6. Finishing Draft

How to continue writing Draft copy of letter?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

7. New feedback

I CANT NOT E-MAIL HELP ME. CONTACT : xxxxxx@gmail.com

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

8. Is this a Spam Email???

I got email from xxxxx@gac.com and wanted to know if it was spam. It says that I asked to cancel my hotmail account which I DID NOT. Please inform what is to be done

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

9. 47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We have just released an option to switch to more saturated calendar colors in the new Outlook.

If you would like to try out this experience, please click on the gear icon in the top right of your calendar module to access your settings, and toggle “Bold event colors”.

10. Mail Problem

How is a support rengineer going to contact me at xxxxxx@msn.com when my problem is I cannot receive mail?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

11. cannot hrow away my emails anymore: what is happening

Cannot throw emails away anymore what is happening?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

12. where did the calendar go to?

why is there no way to open my calendar from a web browser?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

13. Unblock subject line

I cannot find help in unblocking subject content. I recently blocked one person from sending me e-mails but have unblocked them. However, ANY e-mail about renting is now automatically blocked as well. I obviously need to send and receive e-mails regarding my tenancy, so how can I unblock the content of a subject heading?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

14. Cannot find the email attachment !!!!!!!!!!!!

Cannot find the email attachment !!!!!!!!!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

15. Accidentally delete suggestions

I sometimes accidentally delete the correct suggestion when I enter the e-mail address I need. And I have no clue how to get them back

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

17. Very Annoying to Have Dual Inboxes

Is there a way to get rid of the "other" mailbox and just have everything come to one place? It's extremely irritating to have the mail split up like this.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

18. I change my password the day before & Outlook won't recognise it

It is a nightmare email service Even gmail is better than this

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

19. Spambox - what a joke

Spambox has turned up on my profile and has decided to delete all of the e-mails from a safe sender without me ever asking it to, who comes up with these options?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

20. help all messages going straight to archive

all messages going to archive none coming to the inbox at all

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base