OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Impossible to write emails

It is more likely a bug than anything else but I still want to clarify that it is impossible for me to write a mail!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Leave the folder column the way it is.

You've messed up a perfectly functional folder column that shows the folders I want to see in favor something else. Leave it alone.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. too big

Everything was too big - it made navigation hard since all of the windows were maxed out in my screen... Microsoft, you guys really are producing some bad products. It might be time to take some cues from Apple...

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. appear offline/ invisible option

ability to appear offline/ invisible option

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Message forward is really confusing - I couldnt figure out where to put the destination address

Forwarding the email is really confusing, I couldnt figure out where to add the email address

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. gmail

I've kept my hotmail for years--even though I have gmail and yahoo--because it's simple. I know how to use it, I know what functions I need, and I know how to navigate. Change is not always good. You're trying too hard to compete with gmail, and those who haven't switched over are staying with Outlook for a reason. Please stop messing with a good thing! It's the trademark of Microsoft, and needs to stop!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. allow different profile names for each email alias

This has been requested many times before, please allow different email alias to use different profile names. Also when changing profile names let it immediately update to the alias. There is a genuine reason for this, many people have alias's where they aren't known by the same profile name and it just gets confusing for those receiving it who often delete the email.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. looks too crowded

The layout on the main inbox page looks too crowded however the quicker email loading time is plus. Personally I prefer the current version of outlook over the beta.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Duplicate or Copy and Paste Event

Please add the capability to duplicate a calendar event (not the same as repeat).

It could be done by right-clicking on an existing event, or by openning it and selecting to duplicate from an option menu.

Then allow changes to the newly duplicated event before saving.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. There is no way to change the from email address. I have 3 emails accounts, but I was unable to choose what email address to reply from.

There is no way to change the from email address. I have 3 emails accounts tied to the account, but I was unable to choose what email address to reply from.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. contacts

When creating new email and click on cc: it doesn't show all my contacts. Also doesn't show 2nd and 3rd email address for the contact

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. too big

Everything is too big and you can't see enough emails at once. I haven't investigated if this can be changed because I feel it should be default to see as much of your inbox as possible.
    Also, a feedback on your current setup, when the browser is in half-screen adverts take up way too much of the screen. I can live with an ad down the side, but when it covers the whole bottom fifth of my screen it becomes excessive.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. need more space to read messages

More space to read the messages. Apareance very beautiful.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Complicated and Crowded View

The new version is super congested and crowded. The attachment list shown with the subject of the email makes it even more crowded and only 4-5 mails can be seen in the Inbox list at a time which is also a negative point. The vertical mails & calendar bar in most left also contributes to giving the page a congested look.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. too hard to see many emails at a glance

I am having trouble seeing all my new email at a glance. I have to look closely at the new ones too much before deleting and much of my inbox is stuff I want to immediately delete. The chatter of colors, different texts, difficult to see check circles, etc make the entire process of checking in quickly almost impossible.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Stop thanking us for reporting phishing scams every time we report 1. After being told that reporting phishing scams helps once, we get it.

Stop thanking us for reporting phishing scams every time we report one. After being told that reporting phishing scams is helpful the first time, we get it. Needing to close that pop up every single time is I report a phishing scam is highly annoying.

222 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Deleting messages

I don't like that you can't delete messages and keep other messages. It doesn't give the option to deselect messages you want to keep.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. After moving or deleting message, do not open next message. Instead, return to message list in that folder.

Restore the option, "after moving or deleting an item, return to message list." The only 2 choices currently (and in the beta) are either "open the next item" or "open the previous item." (The Beta shows a 'greyed out' third option of 'don't show any item.' Why is it not available?) There used to be a third choice (before hotmail became outlook online): "go back to message list" (of the folder you are in, not necessarily the main 'inbox'). Please restore a third option of "go back to message list" (and 'don't show any message, unless clicked on'). Sometimes we…

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. not enough space to read the entire subject line (and if I expand the inbox area, then I need to adjust it again when reading email too smal

not enough space to read the entire subject line (and if I expand the inbox area, then I need to adjust it again when reading email too smal

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I find the new message layout a bit of an assault on the eyes

I find the new layout a bit of an assault on the eye, it looks over engineered, too much colour, added avatar/icons on the left. Too many type styles. The older style was much easier to scan messages & know their status. Having the date on the right was nicer than the new layout showing 'yesterday' etc.

The older style had a much cleaner design, more functional. The new one looks like a hark back to the old Microsoft... now where's that paperclip...

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base