OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Previewing attachments

New way of previewing attachments doesn't display them properly, half the page is off the screen.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

30 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New 2FA Option

please consider using the projecthydro.org 2FA protocol RAINDROP instead of google as google has abandoned their 2FA and it is not as user friendly, hydro's is more secure, is currently supported and uses new technology. Please at least give us the option to keep our accounts this safe.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Spammy "Manage ad cookies" notifications

"Manage add cookies" spam. Every 2-3 days I keep getting a pop-up from Outlook which resets my ad cookie settings and forces me to re-opt-out. Selecting it once should be enough...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Flag emails

It would be nice to be able to "flag" emails, please. Such as tasks in desktop Outlook.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

5. need help recovering an attached document sent via email awhile ago

need help recovering an attached document sent via email awhile ago

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

6. Outlook name not showing properly

One of my friends started outlook today with his Gmail email address. When he presses on his photo on the top right in outlook web, it shows his new bizarre looking outlook address. He also cannot see his name. All what outlook shows is that outlook email address.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

7. HELP ME

contact microsoft. i can not get into my account from my iphone. now suddenly it asked for a code each time i log in

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

8. Cannot Empty Other

Cannot empty Other without checking each email individually. What is going on??

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you look to the left of the Focused/Other buttons, there is a gray circle with the check inside. If you click that button, you will select all messages in Other. Then you can use the Delete button in the triage bar (above the Focused/Other buttons) to delete all, or move all, etc.

Hope this helps!

Colin

9. Bulk delete of subscriptions

unsubscribing from subscriptions. It would be good to have the ability to unsubscribe from multiple subscriptions, especially when they were added through a junk email. Also, removing any subscription automatically that is linked to a junk email would be great.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey, thanks for your feedback!

You can already do this! Open the settings page by clicking on the gear in the header. Then search “subscriptions” in the settings pane search bar. Then click on “Subscriptions”, and it will show you a list of all the senders who you have a subscription to. (Please note: Microsoft does NOT sign you up for any of these subscriptions. We are just showing you which subscriptions you’ve been added to already, usually because you gave your email to a site online).

You can then unsubscribe from any of those emails using the subscriptions manager!

10. Cannot see our corporate Logo in Signature (emai)

When writing or replying to and email, I can no longer see our corporate logo in signature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. What can I do to keep wanted email from being blocked

Outlook continues to filter legitimate mail into the "junk" folder along with the junk mail. This alone is not a serious problem, but Outlook regularly blocks some email from getting through that I want -- such as subscriptions to Mauldin Economics and Barnes & Noble that are in my address book. What can I do to keep wanted email from being blocked?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

12. Themes are not available with dark mode, also in dark mode the writing pan is still in light mode. make it dark.

Themes are not available with dark mode, also in dark mode the writing pan is still in light mode. make it dark. Make it possible that one could add custom themes and wallpapers that are live. No transparency and no blur effects and fluent design in outlook.com

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First of thanks for the great feedback! I just wanted to provide an update. As of today, you should start being able to select a variety of themes when you have dark mode enabled! This should help you get a bit more customization!

Also rolling out soon is the ability to have compose in dark mode as well!

hope this helps!

David Los

13. Dark theme with dark mode and dark writing pan

dark theme is not available with dark mode also in dark mode the writing pan is still in light mode. make it dark as well to avoid eyes irritation and save battery life as well

160 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I‘ve changed my username, but why the email' username is not changed in the same time? How I change my email's username? thanks!

I‘ve changed my username, but why the email' username is not changed in the same time? How I change my email's username? thanks!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

15. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

16. For tech support

Hi,

Please could you forward this to technical support and ask them to contact me via email or is that possible? I updated security info to make my account more secure because of my personal information and identity use. How do you protect personal information at outlook.com? Is updating security info and changing password ok or do I need to do more things to protect my account? Could you please take good care of my personal information, my identity and content at my outlook.com. Thank you. This is not a public or forum topic this is private message for Microsoft…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

17. Slow respond

advertisement load faster than mail

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I need to prove sender never sent email

I need to proof that i never received an email and also need to prove i never deleted it, to hide the fact it was sent. This is a very urgent matter, one I feel is private but after 45 minuets on the phone this was the only option i was given

Help/advice needed

Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

19. Fix the subscription feature or delete it.

Fix the subscription feature or delete it.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. "empty folder" option on inbox is dangerous

please disable the "empty folder" option when right clicking on inbox

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)