OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Why don't allow us to log out?! Please direct us on how to log out.

Why don't allow us to log out?! Please direct us on how to log out.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! In order to log out, click on the profile icon in the top right corner of the window. This is a round icon with either your profile image or your initials.

When you click this icon, a pane will expand. “Sign out” is one of the options on this pane.

Colin

2. I am not able to check my contact list alphabetically while sending email by clicking on new email .

I am not able to check my contact list alphabetically while sending email by clicking on new email .

178 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

220 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As of yesterday, the Contact Picker dialog has been returned to an alphabetical A-Z sort order. As many comments show, lots of Outlook.com users are already seeing the fixed behavior. If you do not observe this in your Outlook Web session, you will need to refresh your browser (or maybe even clear your cache).

Again, the sort order not being alphabetical A-Z was always a bug and was never by design.

You may be interested to know the next item on our plan for the Contact Picker: Soon, there will be a way to type letters and by so doing filter the list down to matching entries. This means you shouldn’t need to scroll over and over, in the future.

Thanks for your continued support.

3. Mutiple attachments at once, misses out the last one

When I attach multiple files in a single e-mail, very often, the last one fails to get attached, even though it shows up as attached when i'm on the composing screen.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there!

Thank you for using Outlook.com and reaching out to us regarding your recent experience.

Currently, this channel is dedicated to feedback requests only, but we recently added in-app support to assist you with your questions and concerns.

To contact in-app support please use the following steps:

Sign into your email account on any web browser on a pc or Mac, www.outlook.com .

Click the ? in the top menu bar to open the Help pane.

Click on the Help link toward the bottom of the pane to open the Contact Support box.

We look forward to assisting you there!

All the best

The Outlook Team

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we are not able to see replies to this address.

4. Automatically Block Entire Domain if 3 or More Emails Blocked w/Same Domain

Automatically block an entire email domain if a user has blocked three or more email addresses of the same domain.

(excluding major domains like Gmail, Live, Outlook, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc)

Example:
    adfaqxamafe@uniquedomain.com
    iuyw@uniquedomain.com

If necessary, include a setting to disable/enable this rule.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BLOCK/STOP ALL ADS

BLOCK ALL ADS
    I WOULD RATHER LOOK AT THIS THAN ANY ADS
    STOP THE AD HARRASSMENT

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Junk Folder Overflowing with Junk

I have 66 junk e-mails, it's too much to sift through in case a legitimate e-mail was put in my junk folder. Please: if it's 100% certified junk don't even put it in the junk folder. If the system isn't sure, then yeah go ahead and put it in there. You can be pretty certain e-mails like "russian beauty" and "rock hard *****" are junk - I don't even want to read them. Please fix this system it's a glaring issue.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Block unwanted mail

PLEASE add BLOCK to the Delete Box. That should be so easy for you to do.
    Thank you.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "Get started" new box under emails

I have this new "get started" section at the foot of my inbox and I cant delete it even though all the boxes are ticked. What is happening?

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BLOCK EMAIL ADDRESSES

BLOCK EMAIL ADDRESSES - The option to block junk email addresses used to be on your menu along with Sweep, Move to and Delete. An update you made 1-2 years ago removed this, making it MORE cumbersome to block bogus email addresses. Now I have to (1) select one or more email addresses, (2) right-click, (3) then select Block. Please restore this to the menu bar.

629 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

127 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey, thanks for your feedback! You can currently do this from the menu bar. When you’ve opened an email (or selected multiple), click the “Junk” dropdown button in the command bar. You can find this button below the search bar, next to the “Delete” and “Archive” buttons. Then select “Block” from the menu that appears below the “Junk” button.

Colin

10. Dark theme/mode for the phone app?

Dark theme/mode for the phone app?

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bug Report

Bug Report: Outlook keeps sending email from Team Scheer (teamscheer@conservative.ca) to JUNK Email folder. It is NOT junk. Fix your filter settings.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Don't Like Delete Icon 'popping up' in the Inbox, when the deleted email is reachable in the Deleted Folder.

I don't like the feature that 'pops up' (on the "Inbox") when one deletes an email. (It states: "Deleted" and "Undo".) It is very distracting and hides / covers up upcoming emails on the Inbox list. - What is the purpose to retrieve it (deleted email) from our regular 'delete folder'? WE CAN JUST GO TO OUR DELETED FOLDER. - If you were to find a way to bring up deleted emails (deleted from the delete folder) that would be a good feature. But to have an icon pop-up in the Inbox with every time we click to delete an…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Why is my junk mail folder being flooded with ****** emails all of a sudden?

Why is my junk mail folder being flooded with ****** emails all of a sudden?

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Rules Not Working

I have several emails that are supposed to go to specific folders, but here recently I see them either in my inbox or in my spam folder. Why aren't my rules working anymore?

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you, everyone, for reporting this issue to us. We understand the frustration around this issue that has been ongoing for some time, and are working to track down issues.

In order to help us pinpoint issues, please be as descriptive as possible in highlighting what your specific issue is when posting a comment.

In the meanwhile, here are some instructions and help to attempt to mitigate issues with your Mailbox:

- In order to create rules: 1) Right-click on a specific email and select “Create rule”. 2) Select the overflow menu in the top menu bar and click “Create rule”. 3) Click “Settings” → “Mail” → “Rules” → “Add new rules”

- Rules run in order from top to bottom on your rules list in the rules settings page. If you have a rule created with the option “Stop processing more rules” (enabled by default), once that rule condition…

15. No way to block unwanted email/domains

Please correct the junk email box icons to allow customers to put in block emails and save them. The save icon does not work at all.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. SPAM!

The amount of annoying pop ups trying to push new "features" feels very untrustworthy. Mail services should not be confused with social interactive sites.

183 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  70 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 140 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

220 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Put the "Today" and "Yesterday" sections back

You need to put "Today" and "Yesterday" and "This month" back to where we can see it in the emails. Why did you change it? I scroll right past it because it looks like an email. Just put it back the way it was. This makes NO deliniation between yesterdays emails and today's.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Folders disappearing

The folders list has evidently been 'enlarged' to the point that 'conversation history', personal folders like 'temp' and the 'new folder' tab all at the bottom of the folders list are now non-viewable...can you IT people not come up with a better solution to whatever it is that you're trying to do?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Icons Not Updated

Product Icons not updated on the app menu on outlook (square dots in the top left)

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 72 73
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base