OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Slow web interface

Outlook.com works well as a mail server for MS Office Outlook. However, as a web based application, it is very slow and cumbersome. I would prefer a more streamlined and snappy interface.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. POS Website

Why did you code the website to be so slow? I'm getting ready to setup a forward to gmail because this site is almost unusable.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. new version and account clousre

(A New Version Is Now Available)ACCOUNT CLOSURE
    microsoft.com team <lizard92512@live.com>
    Sat 11/01/2020 3:29 AM
    Dear User,
    We noticed that you have been ignoring update messages sent to your email, so your E-mail will be shut down on 15-01-2020.
    To continue using all our services kindly update your E-mail now, ignoring this message will lead to a complete shut down of Mailbox.

Continue
    Thank You for Being A Loyal Outlook Mail User

We hope you enjoy the newest version of Outlook.
    Security Service @teams

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Important email failure to be received real time but a couple of hours

Received One-Time-Password which valid for 3 minutes from sender (no-reply@mail.engineering.hku.hk) for further studies application purpose after couple of hours.

please help to take a look and revert back to me.

thanks.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Junk/Spam mail filter/notifications email causing too many redirects

Junk/Spam mail filter/notifications email causing too many redirects.

I'm not sure what happened, but someone changed the code that whenever I get the Microsoft email asking if a particular email is junk mail or not, after you respond, several things happen (or don't happen):

1) it doesn't automatically delete that email anymore

2) In Firefox, it will open up a new tab, but when you click on "close", it doesn't close the tab.

3) In Google Chrome and Firefox now, after you select whether the email is junk mail or not, Outlook.com will break and produce an error message:

Too…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Spam Fighters Crashes Outlook

When responding to a spam fighters email by clicking the junk/not junk buttons, it opens the spam fighters tab and immediately crashes my Outlook email. I then can't access my email at all for hours, sometimes all day. I have contacted the support team on Twitter who directed me here.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Larger buttons

Create larger trash, flag, pin, etc. button when hovering over an email so they are easier to click.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. LIST OF SENDERS

I think it would be very useful to implement a function that allows creating the list of all senders in the selected folder (or folders).
    It would be even more useful, if then, from the list you can select the sender or senders and have an additional list with all e-mails received from them and those eventually sent to them.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Accelerate the time for creating the link when pasting SPO link via Outlook client

When you paste the link of SharePoint Online to Outlook client, it takes time to generate the link, so I would like you to improve the behavior.
    I believe that Outlook client needs to be improved for its performance as this issue doesn’t occur in Outlook on the web.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Get rid of the garbage

Get rid of all the extra **** on my screen! I am trying to delete emails and it takes so long to load up a page, then I was working my way through the emails and once was up to 100 to delete and it reset my page then the second time was over 250 and it reset the page! I JUST WANT EMAIL NOT ALL THIS ADVERTISEMENT GARBAGE!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. "Too Many Redirects" message and I must shut down and restart my computer

I keep getting the message "Too many redirects" when I try to exit the Microsoft Spam Fighters email after confirming my selection, so I have to shut down and restart my computer to be able to get back into my emails. This will cause me to no longer take the time to respond to the Spam Fighters emails." Thought you'd like to know about this error. I hope you will fix this and let us know that it is fixed, so I can once again give you feedback on what is and isn't spam.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Mouse navigation buttons

Mouse buttons no longer seem to allow back/forward navigation through previously opened emails or folder.

Used to be the case, that once finished with an email, you could use a mouse "back" button" to return to previous email or previous folder, but this no longer works.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. nothing

Outlook/Hotmail is the worst app I've ever used (I'm currently using it for professional reasons on my iPhone as well as my macBook). It's bulky and does not function properly most of the times. Just today it didn't load at all. Besides, on an iPhone, it doesn't pre-load the messages, i.e., they always have to be downloaded. Additionally, there is no way to change (edit) an e-mail once it's been placed within the "To" field. That means we always need to remove the e-mail address and type it in again, letter-by-letter. What a nonsensical waste of time. There is no…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mobile Functionality on Safari is Brutal

Mobile Website
    -Poor Functionality
    -Desktop View on Mobile Safari Necessary.

The mobile website on safari is absolutely disgusting. Makes me sick. Microsoft is a Tech company, yet their email does NOT function well on a mobile device.

A Desktop Mode is 1000% necessary as the functionality is unacceptable for a company like Microsoft.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Waste of time

I am a user of Hotmail since 1999, but these days, the operating system of Outlook take huge time to respond to the click or the order of key. It became worse and worse. Moreover, the writing in Japanese gives a pain in waiting time, owing to the delayed responses of choice of characters.
    Please ameliorate the Outlook system so as to respond even much quicker to the choice of key or the click, in eliminating the non-sense pop-up publicities of 1 000 GB which waste the precious sequences of time. Thank you!!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When typing in an email address or name - Maybe you can delay the search until the person is done typing.

Writing in an email address or looking up by typing in an address or even typing in a name it take so so so very long. It's worse then watching paint dry. For every character it searches and you can't actually type in the whole address or name before it starts searching. What is it searching for? I'm not sure because I only put in one character.
    I t
    s e a r c h e s
    e v e r y
    c h a r a c t e r
    y o u
    t y p e
    I n…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. cannot read entire messages in email

all these bars to move info around in email is annoying and does not work. I can only read either left side or right side of email. one side at a time, the bar at the bottom of the email is not visible at the beginning so cannot read left and right sides....and the bars to scroll down are not efficient and keep defaulting back to the beginning which is really really annoying.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Difficulty signing out

I have a terrible time signing out. I click on my picture about 50 times and "sign out" every time lately. A pop up interrupts. Why??

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adverts and Suggestive subtle pictures

do not show me any pictures on the sidebars of people kissing or any other adverts

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Memory issue with Outlook (Mail, Contact, Calendar)

Mail and Contact web apps takes around 300MB of RAM when opened with Edge. And Calendar takes more than 200MB. This is far too much!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base