OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

The new Outlook.com

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How to delete spams with the new version ?

There is no more "delete" option on the screen when we are in the spam mails. (which means we have to delete them directly from the keyboard)
    In the French version at least.
    Why ?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

2. PLEASE HELP WITH JUNK and SPAM!

PLEASE HELP WITH JUNK and SPAM!

I am getting A TON of really inappropriate and obviously spam e-mails. Whatever MSN and Hotmail are currently doing to ensure these do not come to our mailboxes (ANY folder, including JUNK - I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THIS!) is not working. Can I PLEASE speak to someone about this problem. It's been increasing over the last year and I'm really tired of it. It's not appropriate and these are very clearly not "real" e-mails. I do not have time in the day to block individually. PLEASE contact me about this problem. I'm…

246 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

331 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for taking the time to report your issues with our spam filters, as well as for using Outlook.com.

I just wanted to let you all know that as of this morning we have made some changes to our spam filters. This should help reduce some of the levels of spam you may have been experiencing.

Thanks

David Los

3. complain

someone send mail me your account will block in 48 hours

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

4. trackingupdates@fedex.com

trackingupdates@fedex.com should not be marked as Junk Email

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

5. No info about "Suspicious" activity

Was temporarily locked for "Spamming." Please show me which mails was considered spam, so I can actually TELL if someone else was trying to use my account, or if its just because of my ongoing support ticket with another company.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

6. Sharedentco

Will you please do something about all of this sharedentco.com spam! The rules do nothing to slow the massive amount I get from them daily!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

7. spam from umich.edu

I can't receive emails from xxxxxx@umich.edu, Umich.edu told me that this is because the spam filter of outlook. Could you please double check that? And how can I receive this email?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

8. password change

Hello, My password has been compromised. But since my security info was linked with my old job email. I cant send code there. But if i change my security info to my cellphone,, it will take 1 month to validate! That means I can't change my password during 1 month! What should I do?
    Please help!
    Thank you!
    Qian

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

9. where is the multi select option so i can quickly delete emails? Also marking stuff for junk mail doesn't work I continuously get flooded

where is the multi select option so i can quickly delete emails? Also marking stuff for junk mail doesn't work I continuously get flooded with emails from the same person and they are junk! when I mark it junk it should stay junk unless I remove it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

10. Scam??

This email was sent to my work account: Blinny White <XXXXXX@outlook.com>
    Thu 11/22/2018 5:09 PM
    To:
    Frank Schlupp;

Hi‌ - I a‌ctu‌a‌lly kno‌w the‌ di‌rty se‌cre‌ts. I wi‌ll no‌t e‌xpla‌i‌n yo‌u‌ ju‌st wha‌t e‌xa‌ctly I ca‌me‌ to‌ kno‌w, I ha‌ve‌ a‌ll the‌ i‌nfo‌ a‌lo‌ng wi‌th me‌. To‌ sho‌w thi‌s, ple‌a‌se‌ le‌t me‌ re‌ve‌a‌l yo‌u‌ tha‌t o‌ne‌ o‌f yo‌u‌r pa‌sswo‌rds i‌s a‌ctu‌a‌lly ******. Pa‌y me‌ $‌7000 vi‌a‌ *Bi‌tco‌i‌n* to‌ the‌ a‌ddre‌ss 18B6LH6Cmkehuy38WixMygWNEqW3ss4AcF wi‌thi‌n the‌ ne‌xt 44 ho‌u‌rs. I wi‌ll ma‌ke‌ o‌ne‌ i‌mpo‌rta‌nt thi‌ng ve‌ry cle‌a‌r, tha‌t I wi‌ll de‌stro‌y yo‌u‌r li‌fe‌ e‌nti‌re‌ly i‌f I do‌ no‌t ge‌t the‌ pa‌yme‌nt.…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

11. Unauthorized request for updating of account

did hotmail request account updating in unauthorized email in Chinese like the mail from Account Security <xxxxx@hotmail.com>

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

12. I don't get e-mails

I dont get e-mails, that are not spam! Looks like the filter too strong or what??

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

13. Where is the block button in junk mail?

Where is the block button in junk mail? I used to be able to instantly block an address, now I have to open the email, cut and paste the address, and go to settings to block?! I thought updates were supposed to make things easier, not add more work.

408 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

140 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for using Outlook.com!

To block a user from the junk email folder, either:
    - Select one or more emails and click the “Not Junk” dropdown in the top menu bar → “Block”
    - Right-click on an email and select “Block”.

Note: In non-junk folders, the option to block a user is under the “Junk” dropdown in the top menu bar

14. Block Sender

It is ridiculous that I have to type in the address of the email that is sending me junk. Why would I want to open an email to get the address? Just hitting the Block Sender was so much safer. This is ridiculous.

1,213 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

184 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. New feedback

I want to delete as junk mail like I use to what happened to that box

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

17. I should be able to block senders and domains from my junk folder.

I should be able to block senders and domains from the junk folder--that's why it exists. Currently, I have to copy, then go to Settings, then paste. At least on a Mac, that doesn't work. I try to copy--it says to send to the clipboard, but when I try to paste, it pastes whatever I previously copied--not the email address. So essentially, I can't block anyone. This needs to be fixed now, as spam has greatly increased lately.

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback!

You can block a user by selecting a message(s) and then:
    - In the junk folder by clicking “Not spam” → “Block” in the top menu bar
    - In any folder by right-clicking → “Block”
    - On any email item by selecting More actions (“…” menu next to reply/forward) → “Block sender”

18. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

While I'm sure the new safelinks.protection.outlook.com links are worth it, they also "hide" the original URLs in Outlook.com emails.

Chrome shows URLs at the bottom of the screen when you mouse over a link, so that we can identify what we click on BEFORE we click.

You have now made it much harder to check by escaping the original URL and combining it with safelinks.

The original URL is no longer available at a glance as you now have to perform a mental "unescape" in order to read it.

While safelinks is a step forward in security I'm sure, the…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I like to hover over junkmail emails to see the email address to see if it is spam or legit - I cant do that on the new version.

I like to hover over junkmail emails to see the email address to see if it is spam or legit - I cant do that on the new version.

296 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I would like to thank you all for using Outlook.com.
    And even more importantly thank you for taking the time to offer such detailed and actionable feedback.

I did want to send a quick update and let you know that we now have the ability to hoover over an email and see the actual email address.

Please feel free to give it a try and offer any additional feedback!

Thanks

David Los

20. show from

When writing an email, I'd like the option to always display the FROM line as a default. I use several email addresses and this would let me know which one is in use at any time.

156 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

104 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you very much for providing the valuable feedback and for using Outlook.com. We truly do appreciate it!

I did want to let you know that based on your feedback, we have added back the FROM drop down on the compose form when you have multiple email accounts/aliases.

We hope that this helps improve the new Client experience for everyone.

Please keep the feedback coming!

Thanks

David Los

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base