OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Spam

Hi I only want to say thank you for cleaning up the junk mail it's an awesome job. I can open my email without the feeling of disgust from all the junk mail . Keep up the great work.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Subscriptions

I hope you are still not using subscriptions to let those spam-******** send spam to me.

Because, if it happens, I WILL THEN REPORT YOU TO THE POLICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Your reputation idea does not work

In doing what Outlook support has wanted me to do. I have been entering spam email addresses and IP addresses in to my blocked senders and domain list. In doing so I blocked a website called carpetsmarter.com yesterday and today I received two more with these email and IP addresses; carpetsmarter.com- 81.43.237.125 and carpetsmarter.com- 185.93.94.78. Seems to me it would be kind of hard to knock down a websites reputation points if all they do is use another IP address. Also it seems to me it would be hard to stop junk emails (spam) if when I receive an spam…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Outlook support needs to be a part of the solution not a part of the problem.

I keep being told this by Outlook support, ""Each email address has its reputation points, each “block” done for spammers email address will be taken as a survey and after a certain time their emails will get blacklisted. This is a significant step we have taken towards reduction of spam emails in our customer's account in the long run."

I have sent them a list numerous times and some emails keep coming and I have blocked them for years. So stop with the saying they will stop and be blacklisted when some never are and the ones that I would…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. One click blocking

It would be amazing if when I hover on the contact card or in the contact card of a sender I can easily block address and block domain instead of having to go to settings, junk, block senders, and then add the email address.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Block images in phishing emails

Outlook does not block images unlike O365. When obvious phishing emails are sent, the images are opened automatically sending beacons to the attacker. Why is this basic protection not here?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Prevent opening mail when only selecting (by right-click or using checkbox)

Selecting emails (by right-clicking or clicking the checkboxes) opens them immediately, which is unwanted in case of spam. (And sometimes inconvenient for regular email, because they get set to "read".)

If the emails would not open when you right-click or select them using the tick/checkbox, that would be a great UI and security improvement !

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Received unwanted news articles without subscribing

Started receiving Epoch Times news pushed to my inbox without subscribing to it. Please investigate how the news outlet was able to obtain the user database

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Need Safe Sender Button

It is NOT functional that, every time I want to add an email address to the Safe Sender list for an email that has ended up in the Junk email folder when it is NOT supposed to be there that I have to (1) highlight and copy the email address, which often takes a few times because of the automatic pop-up that occurs when you hover over the address; (2) click on the settings button; (3) click on View All Outlook Settings; (4) click on Junk; (5) click on Add; (6) type or copy and paste the email address in;…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. No Safe Sender Button Available

When on an email in the Junk folder, there is no Safe Sender button to hit to move the email directly to the inbox AND add the email address to the Safe Sender list

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Junk email active window awful action

when I am checking junk email and I find an email that it is interesting to me and also its sender I open it directly to read it, of course, mid while I'm reading it and in order not to forget about it later I press the NOT JUNK button so I don't miss any further email from the sender, BUT after doing that active window changes!! and I need to click inbox then search for the email which is marked as read so it's harder to find and click on it. this has happened for years and still happened…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I want to report email address of scammers

Reporting of false email profiles of spammers and fraudsters

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I need more flexibility in blocking domains

I need to be able to block domains on partial names. I'm getting 90% of my spam from two domains, but because they use multiple users, and multiple permutations on the front part of their domain names, I can't block them without blocking HUNDREDS. I need to be able to block .xyz.com and .appspot.com

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add "Name" to Rules

Add username to "rules" to block spam.

Many of the generic spam/clickbait have unique email address codes, but share the same "service@intl.paypal.com" name.

Having a rule to block names or partial names would help filter all the potential spam, regardless of the incoming email address.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Block appspot

Too much spam by far. Need to allow us to block anything from appspot.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Symbol

Should have a key to explain what email symbols mean since when you hover over it its covered by another tab. Great thinking.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Email from senders I have emailed are clearly not junk, yet end up in Junk folder

2 options --let me decide ONCE until I say otherwise that a sender is ok. Or for heaven's how hard can it be to write an algorithm that allows email from a sender to whom I have sent email??? My "Junk" folder often contains more than 50% mail that I want to receive -- and from repeated correspondents who I have designated as "not junk" repeatedly

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Email Filtering in Unreliable because it doesn't have adequate control logic.

How can we WhiteList an email? Too often important emails get buried in long list of junk emails. The Spam filtering logic too often often does this regardless of how often the sender of an email is labelled as an expected message instead of a Spam buried message.

This Spam management process would work more reliably is their were obvious WhiteList & BlackList button that prevented Spam from getting through and preventing expected messages from being buried.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Junk Email after move items doesn't display Not Junk tab

On laptop - Move x items from Junk Email using the Not Junk tab drop down, select Not Junk. The Junk page redisplays, but I don't get the Not Junk tab, so I cannot pick it again to do the drop down and select Phishing. I have to go back to Inbox, then, back to Junk Email, then, the Not Junk tab displays and I can select Phishing. Please always redisplay all the tabs when in Junk email. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Better Mailbox Intelligence

Better Outlook mailboxes intelligence! Right now it is blocking even Microsoft's original emails, such as Xbox or Microsoft Store. Also, it doesn't learn: There are emails that every day I need to rescue from the junk folder. And I add it as a contact, as a trusted sender, etc. Also, it doesn't learn when I move something from focused to Other.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base