OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Feature

@Outlook
    Hey Outlook, you should add the feature to mail-windows/outlook for the web with the notfiy user when teh recipent has read the email. Like gmail, so you know when someone has read your email. Like gmail

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use Tighter Spacing

Require 'Use Tighter Spacing' button similar to the outlook app. The compact display is not compact enough, there is a lot of blank space between email lines, even with message previews etc set to off.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sometimes, Important emails are identified as spam.

Important emails are identified as spam. That sometimes becomes in trouble.
    I want to be able to freely set the deadline until messages are deleted from the junk mailbox, or to set all messages so that they cannot be put in the junk mailbox except for messages from the email address set as junk mail.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Outlook.com email now unusable on Android tablet

New layout of mail on outlook.com in now completely unworkable on my Android tablet. There is only a 1/16th inch space to type. It is impossible to see what you are doing. I cannot send a new email, reply to an email or even forward an email. The keyboard now takes up all the space except the the 1/16th inch space mentioned above. It worked fine until you make the mobile experience look the way it does on a desktop. I don't know why you would do this. Very frustrating.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. spam

Please develop a better email screening program. It's a shame that something with an obvious scam email address can get into the Focused or Other email box, but something from my bank gets kicked into the Junk email box.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. shared mailbox email mark as junk

Disable standard users from marking email in Shared Mailbox as junk email.

The admin must have the right to allow this option for all users or only admin in the Exchange Admin Center.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Retention Policy for MS 365 Apps for Business

MS365 Apps for Business DOES NOT include an Exchange service so there is no ability to modify retention policies for emails, etc.

However, if you add any @outlook.com email to your Outlook, retention polices are enforced ON JUST THESE EMAIL accounts (eg Junk = 10 days) and they can not be changed. They can not even be changed via outlook.com

Please consider the needs of people using MS365 Apps for Business and empower them to have control over the retention policies enforced by MS365 Apps for Business or better yet, remove all retention policies for this business tier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. REAL messages land in junk folder & move function does not work to file them elsewhere! They're held *******, then dumped on 10th day!

PLEASE Allow users to revert back to the classic interface!!!
    Sure, it had its issues, but one learned to work around them. But you can't work around issues that leave NO control, like losing REAL email to the auto dump spam filter b/c the Move Message function won't work!!
    I'll never be willing to PAY for a program that demonstrates the damaging issues this new version does! Bells and whistles don't matter if the basics don't work!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Easy way to identify senders from my organization vs others

I'd like an Easy way to identify senders from my organization vs others in Search, Rules and Conditional Formatting of views.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. View the auto-complete suggestions in the To field by specifying the certain condition

It would be great if the auto-complete suggestions in the To field could be more focused by specifying the certain condition.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Note

Ability to see a note when hovering over email with the mouse (like in Excel).

Please create the very simplistic ability of note that the user can have the ability to see in the Focused Inbox when hovering over the email with the mouse without having to set a reminder, open the email, set a new custom category, go to the notes page etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Slow loading

[en][Bing Translate]
    Slow loading

It is very slow to load, but I apologize for having a notebook that is currently only with a two-core processor that operate at 1.2 GHz

[pt-br]
    Carregamento lento

Está muito lento para carregar, mas peço perdão por ter um notebook que atualmente está somente com um processador de dois núcleos que operam a 1.2 GHz

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. absence

I miss the possibility to create an absence callendar, for instance for the whole year. So that every holiday or weekend is saved and that absence messages are automatically activated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. outlook in pop on 5 pc - don't download mail if 1 of them has download mail

outlook 365 has the big problem ( confirmed by 365 support) that if you have 3 pc and you use pop3 account it downloads only in the first pc that you open and in the other, if 1 pc has download, it doesn't download.also if you untick in account erease in 14 days... please solve or it doesn't has sense to have 5 installation

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Editing draft emails

Sometimes when I re-open a draft email to edit it, the 'Edit' icon appears in the top left corner. If I forget to click on this icon, the email disappears as soon as I start editing. BUT at other times when I re-open a draft email to edit it, there is no 'Edit' icon and I can immediately start editing. This is very confusing and I don't understand why the 'Edit' icon sometimes appears and sometimes doesn't appear. I also don't understand what is the purpose of the 'Edit' icon, as the only reason for saving a draft and then…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Push Notification on alias

Get Push Notification when receiving email on PRIMARY ALIAS and not only on the original address used to create the account.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Include an option for borders in outgoing emails

It would be nice to have an option of making an outgoing email look like it was typed on decorative stationery. Possibly just include an option for a border around the content of the email.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. default is to print emails in color

The default print option is to print in color and CANNOT be changed! That is ridiculous! Can I send microsoft my bill for the extra color copies I keep printing out?!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Settings not working at all

Content not loading or changes not saved. Settings window can't be closed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. (ISSUE) Erratic Double Click Behaviour on Messages

My Outlook Web has been setup in compact view without message preview.

Whenever I double click on a message to open it on a new window, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Could you please fix that issue and make it more consistent?

I'd like to open new messages on a new window and I'd like my Double Clicks to be predictably registered all the time.

What happens instead is that whenever I double click on a message, it rarely opens on a new window (most of the times it opens the message in the same messages list).

Thanks.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 123 124
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories