OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dark theme/mode for the phone app?

Dark theme/mode for the phone app?

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SPAM!

The amount of annoying pop ups trying to push new "features" feels very untrustworthy. Mail services should not be confused with social interactive sites.

183 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  70 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 140 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

220 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Folders disappearing

The folders list has evidently been 'enlarged' to the point that 'conversation history', personal folders like 'temp' and the 'new folder' tab all at the bottom of the folders list are now non-viewable...can you IT people not come up with a better solution to whatever it is that you're trying to do?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Icons Not Updated

Product Icons not updated on the app menu on outlook (square dots in the top left)

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Spammy "Manage ad cookies" notifications

"Manage add cookies" spam. Every 2-3 days I keep getting a pop-up from Outlook which resets my ad cookie settings and forces me to re-opt-out. Selecting it once should be enough...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Outlook name not showing properly

One of my friends started outlook today with his Gmail email address. When he presses on his photo on the top right in outlook web, it shows his new bizarre looking outlook address. He also cannot see his name. All what outlook shows is that outlook email address.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

8. pictures in signature

I can see the inactive picture icon in the signature, but currently cannot upload any pictures to appear at the bottom of my emails in my signature! Please can you activate it asap!!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. about my account

I use my QQ email to register my microsoft account(outlook email). But when I use my QQ address to login, I couldn't access my outlook mail, only in my QQ mail. How to login my outlook email.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

10. Help

I am not receiving emails from certain clients and not able to get the help I need. I am willing to upgrade outlook to paid copy but cant reach anyone.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

11. Potential security issue: please respond.

I got a notification that I was locked out of my account, presumably for a security concern. I checked to see if there were any irregular logins and there didn't seem to be. Likewise, I don't see that anyone sent junk/spam mail from my account. Is there anything you can do to help me be sure that the account was not hacked or misused in any way, please?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

12. Need your help

how can I send email to your microsoft account team?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

13. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

14. something goes wrong

Dear Authorized,

I have one more e-mail address which is ogun_jo@hotmail.com. However I can not reach this address because this website claims that this e-mail address is not exist. How can I reach this e-mail address? Please help.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

15. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

16. Make our id's changeable pleaseeee

How can I change my email address here? I want to be VenusLove31

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

17. 36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for using Outlook.com and for taking the time to provide feedback.

I just wanted to send a quick update and let you know that you can indeed log out of Outlook.com. If you click on the Me Control (your name/picture) at the top right hand corner. From there you should see a Sign Out/Log out option.

This will close your session and sign you out of outlook.com.

Hope this helps

David Los

18. Cannot use hotmail account since Microsort too over.

Since outlook took over my Hotmail account, it changed my email to my other account and I have not been able to send or receive e-mails to my Hotmail account. There doesn't seem anywhere that I can read the Hotmail account to outlook. Trust Microsoft to stuff things up.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

19. WHERE IS MY OUTBOX

I CAN'T FIND MY OUTBOX - ANY IDEAS

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

20. Multiple duplicate nested folders

I have multiple duplicate nested folders and don't know how to undo that.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base