OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Why do you waste advertisers' money by showing me advertisements on hotmail that are of absolutely no interest to me whatsoever.?

Why do you show me advertisements that I would never ever be interested in clicking on?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Profile pic letter combinations

Should be able to choose default letter combinations of up to 3/4 letters for default profile pic - should also be able to choose colour

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Why don't allow us to log out?! Please direct us on how to log out.

Why don't allow us to log out?! Please direct us on how to log out.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When you select more than one email in inbox view .

It's a small thing but it's an annoyance: when in the inbox view and you select more than one email, the option to reply disappears. Is it possible to just 'grey' it out, as I automatically function in these sorts of space, and so I aim for delete on autopilot and end up archiving the messages instead, which I don't want to do, so I then have to add extra functions/time when I am trying to be as quick as I can.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Worldwide Microsoft Outlook City and Campus Campaign

If possible, Microsoft should offer seminars on how to use Outlook/hotmail in big cities and on university campuses around the globe. Using the options are confusing, With this your seminar speakers could attract more users and also get real feedback from users out there who want to continue using the email system.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Cannot read or submit feedback anymore

Why is feedback no longer accessible?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The site design and security features are both broken and utterly nonsensical

This outlook site requires 4000 permissions to use basic features like help and navigation. None of which work right when fully enabled. Not to mention that changing from one account to another requires a massive headache that is just cancerous. Your security measures have never worked properly and they still don't and your over all implementation of the new site design is atrocious. This isn't simply a "New Look" Its an entire reduction of functionality and usability across the board. This is ridiculous.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. OUTLOOK - E-mail sync

In outlook sync e-mail accounts - the refresh and delete icons are next to each other. If one presses the delete icon by mistake there is no second chance. Not very good screen design and could easily be fixed

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow Users To Restrict Account Access by Geography

allow users to restrict account access to user-specified locations.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. MS Services, site wide "Rubics cube" PLEASE!

When i navigate to "My Account" (top right avatar icon), I enter a Microsoft Web domain where i can access all my subscriptions, billing and what not - very good.
    Problem: I now want to GO BACK to OneDrive, Mail, etc... BUT where did the "Rubics cube" go?
    Microsoft, take an idea from Google please. Google maintains the "rubics cube" (consistently in top right corner) no matter where i am within their environment, allowing me easy navigation to ALL corners of Google service offering.
    In your case, I must click "Microsoft Logo" (top left) then from this page, chose OneDrive…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Rules for hidden senders

Outlook don´t have the posibily to create a rule when the sender is hidden and have the phrase "in behalf of"

In spite of the rule was created by "any word" in the sender this is not working.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. New Apps Shortcut Bad

New "shortcuts" or "apps" got rid of the calendar in the first part and you have to click multiple options to get to it. I don't need PowerPoint more often than my calendar. Let us customize the apps in the upper left hand corner if you're going to take away what was there. I want my calendar more easily accessible.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Need option to change the rating for recommendation

First moment, without much caring I gave you 7 out of 10 as recommendation rating. Immediately, I was looking for the option to change the rating, but not available.
    Outlook will not survive being a over smart fool like this. Mark it.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hide some sensitive informations in our account (outlook.com)

I propose to hide the date when we changed our password. Because this is considered as a sensitive information. Sometimes people forget to log out of their account at work or school, and the next person who will use the computer will be able to access to their mailbox and view their personal informations, such the date the password was changed. Some persons I know have lost their account because of that and the malicious person contacted the support and provided them the date when the password was changed (in addition to other personal informations) to make it look like…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. anonymize feedback

I don't want my full name showing for feedback. For emails, yes, feedback no. I am also a windows insider, and they have always truncated my last name. I know you aren't probably the same co. collecting this, but follow their example

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Change Two-step verification

The SMS sending option cannot be eliminated from two-step verification. I use the same tool in many other services like Google and they let me choose which method I prefer. Especially since I have read that, although it is very safe, the SMS method is more vulnerable to an attack than, for example, Google Authenticator appp, which is what I use in my account. Also, I have used a security key in my account as a login method but I wish to establish the key as a second factor method since using only the key is more vulnerable if I…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Cannot access calendar or onedrive in the helpful way it was. Now rubbish!

Change of accessing calendar onedrive etc tabs - have to use a menu with surely the most used thing - calendar - being off menu so you have to scroll down - then doesn't open automatically in another tab but opens instead of email. Terrible change. Put it back to how it was - working and useful!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Home Tab?

Where is the Home tab?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remember Me

Any chance of a remember me option on the login?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Rearrange menu bar

rearrange and modify clutter menu bar. I only use about three items and there is just clutter that I personally don't use or need. Would be really nice, like Mac mail, to get rid of items you don't need and place the items you use where you want them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 35 36
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base