OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. category

Assign multiple categories in a row to a mail message, without the need to right click and going through submenus for each assignment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatically block sender and ip when message is marked Phishing

Microsoft's software engineers are smart enough to make this simple line of code happen - Automatically block sender and ip when message is marked Phishing, so that users' junk boxes don't get unmanageable by the quantity of junk that gets through. The time it takes to look up the sender data, copy the ip and paste it into the blocked sender panel just gets too long when you are dealing with 20+ junk messages at a time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [Suggestion]:Allow for (easily) externally addressable distribution lists.

Within gSuite and O365 B/E it is easily possible to create e-mail distribution lists that can be addressed externally. We use this feature to be reachable by persons and institutions that can only store one e-mail address, but need to reach either us as parents (parents@example.com) or the whole family (family@example.com).
    The Groups feature allows for the creation of an e-mail address per group (which then acts as a DL) but external senders need to be authorised explicitly. This is a massive overhead, especially as sometimes we cannot predict the sender's address (principle@, schooloffice@, teacher1@, teacher2@,…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. defaults in calendar

On the Calendar reminder for an Event I want a default that gives me the option of ‘never’ and then I change it if required. I don’t want 15 minutes given to me as a default I want to be able to change it to 15 minutes, or any other time, if I require that. In fact I would like to be able to customise the page to MY defaults and not have to keep on changing Microsofts defaults.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [Suggestion]:UNDO THIS HORRIBLE UPDATE

you updated my outlook on my macbook WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. IT IS TERRIBLE. HOW CAN I REVERT BACK TO THE ONE I HAD

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. [Dislike]:New category: Hate Something!

I now have to double click on my E-Mail Messages to read them instead of having them open in the reading pane.

I want the ability to open my mail in the reading pane, vice having to open another tab on my Taskbar.

This is not a request, it is a DEMAND!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [Like]:outlook beta sorting of emails...

I really liked the beta version that divided the emails into promos, news, focused, other, junk, etc... it made things much easier to see, instead of being bombarded with emails in one long list . I was able to skim through much faster and get on with my day.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Printing calendars had many "ideas" please add up all the VOTES! Fix it!

As suggested in email I have come here to request my idea be considered. There are many entries about the small print and light gridelines on the printed calendar. I have spent some time voting for all the ideas that apply to my challenge. Please add up all the votes for all the calendar printing "ideas". and fix this problem so those of us that have been using Outlook calendars on our fridge and in meetings can continue to do so.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. variables automatic replies

Variables for out of office automatic replies : when editing the reply you oftenly specifies the date and time limits (from dd.MM.yyyy to dd.MM.yyyy)

Everytime you have to adapt them, this would be awesome to have variables for that, for instance <from> / <to>, so that only the time limits would have to be adapted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [Dislike]:frustrated with Outlook

why do I only have 1/4 of an inch to write an email, and a tiny space to add addressees. It is extremely frustrating. I have to keep pressing "return" to see what I am typing. This has only been happening recently, it used to be good.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. [Suggestion]:Computer-Generated Spamming e-mail Addresses

There is obviously a computer generated spamming place for ,org.uk, which keeps changing the portion to random letters that are both upper and lower case. I keep blocking the full e-mail address, of course, but also going out to the junk settings and adding the **.org.uk. I have also added the org.uk to blocked/junk settings, but it hasn't helped. Could there PLEASE be a way to add .org.uk whenever this sort of phishing/spamming computer-generated service gets a hold of you e-mail address so it blocks whatever automatically generated e-mail address that follows the @ symbol?

Otherwise, it is super frustrating…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. [Suggestion]:limit search to contacts in my contacts lists

Hi,

When I search for someone in Outlook People or in the To field of a new e-mail message in Outlook Mail (or even the search bar of Outlook Calendar), a number of contacts/e-mail addresses appear I do not know:

Where do they come from and how can I avoid these names to appear?

Kind regards

Stijn

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. [Dislike]:Your junk mail filter sucks big time.

I constantly flag junked emails as not junk emails, but outlook keeps sending them to the junk folder. Why do you, despite me marking emails in my junk folder as not junk, keep sending those emails to my junk folder. Please check University Health News. I have literallly maked it as not junk hundreds of times and it keep getting sent to my junk mail folder. Life Extension also gets the same treatment. I have stopped marking not junk mails as not junk because it doesn't do any good. They get sent to junk mail no matter that I've labeled…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. [Suggestion]:Pop up personal note for special email addresses

I hope to add personal note to some special email addresses. For example, if I receive from a bank called "BECU Notifications" I like to immediately see my personal note says "this is my business bank." It will also help to identify all other emails. Another example is when I see Xfinity I like to see a pop up note "this is home wifi." Thanks very much!!!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. countdown

When entering a future day event, Offer a countdown reminder box and quick personal entry (no more than 25 characters), so that when you are viewing the event 15 days out, it will have a counter on your calendar, with the short message.

ie....<Counter> <Self Entry>
    showing on one day.... 15 Data Due
    showing next day.... 14 Data Due
    showing another day.... 1 Data Due

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. LOST INCOMING EMAIL ICONS

PUT THE ICONS BACK NEXT TO THE INCOMING MESSAGES. IT IS SO MUCH EASIER TO SCAN MESSAGES USING ICONS WHEN RECEIVING MULTIPLE MESSAGES DAILY.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. [Like]:Why are you removing Inbasket Tabs?

I really love the inbasket tabs. Why are you getting rid of them? They really help me to quickly clean up my inbasket.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [Suggestion]:"add icloud account", a possible mail function?!

When will start the function "add icloud account" like the existing function "add gmial account"?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Drag and Drop Important Emails

Oftentimes there are emails that I need to reference quicker than my search bar can scan through all of my inbox history. I think it would be interesting if Outlook allowed the opportunity to drag-and-drop important emails needing later referencing to a right panel, or a column within view labeled "To Do," or something along those lines. I'm specifically hoping for this feature in the DoD's use of OWA.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. csv

Make it so that I can mass import a csv file of contact emails to a Group and not have to add them one by one

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 309 310
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base