OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New feedback

why did you change last year from just one e-mail list to: focus and other. i shouldn't have to look in two places for e-mails. and what can be done about e-mails you deem "junk" which arent.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

2. New feedback

I'm completely lost,cannot find deleted items list and most important can't find more than a couple of my archived items

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

3. New feedback

I am NOT happy with the new OUTLOOK set up. I am SO lost trying to figure it all out. Thinking about moving my into to MSN, or Google, Or Yahoo

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

4. New feedback

What the heck! Where are my boxes to the left of message so that I can click and delete multiple messages at a time???

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

5. New feedback

I don't like the new outlook GUI. The old one worked fine and had some useful features which seem to be missing now. Why did you mess with it?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

6. New feedback

I don't like the new settings. The page is hard to see and read now.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

7. New feedback

How does one get to Drafts, Sent Mail, Deleted Mail files in this new & improved Outlook?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

8. New feedback

Upgrade degredation again! Please get rid of the new look - it is a mess, what's the point of the icons, it uses more screen space and adds nothing to the functionality of the system.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

9. New feedback

Since the format of outlook was changed, I have not been able to access my inbox.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

10. New feedback

I have asked to change my Hotmail--rogerredwing158@hotmail.com to it's original format as of 9/17. However, could someone inform me of the benefits of this new format? Such as JUNK emails. Have these been blocked? Other benefits ? Thank You. Roger.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

11. New feedback

I will now have to change to another Mail account; Looking at this screen Hurts my Eyes. Awfull.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

12. New feedback

Very very bad compared to older Outlook

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

13. New feedback

Stop changing ****! It isn't making it easier or better to read/delete emails.
    Or add an option to not see any of those "upgrades" you're providing. Nobody is gonna pay to use their email after using it for free for almost 20 years.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

14. New feedback

new outlook looks mobile, do not like it. mobile is good for cell phone but not for laptop and desk top!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

15. New feedback

the new format is difficult to review, see new mail or even read old messages. most of the information is now gone, links are broken etc. Do I need to cancel this now horrible e-mail service?!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

16. New feedback

what a mess outlook has made of my account

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

17. New feedback

I don't like being forced to go to Beta. I am only marginally invested in Outlook at all. I have sent 2 messages in the last couple of days about repeatedly blocked phishing/scams that return to my inbox. NO RESPONSE. I am so ready to give up Microsoft.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

18. New feedback

New interface is awful, my email is taking ages to load each folder, been waiting several minutes and still nothing is displayed. Never had these problems before updated Outlook with a 'new look'. This is terrible.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

19. New feedback

don't like hard to use. makes no sense

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

20. New feedback

Well done on the latest crazy update for the customers. It's a pity when you are trying to find an email, all this new system does is dance around and keeps going back to the top or the first current email on the list. This is absolutely useless to use, and I am possibly not the only person to complain!
    Disgruntled user,
    Rick Turnbull

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base