OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

The new Outlook.com

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. when send a new email and click on "To" the conctacts drop down shows but no contacts are listed

1) When I click on new message and then click on the 'To' a drop down shows up that reads 'my contacts' but when I actually click on the 'contacts' tab I got nothing! No list of contacts no nothing! So unless you have a superb memory and can remember the name of every single person in your contacts list your pretty much sol on the ole short cut of finding them. You have to actually click on the 'people icon' which opens another tab, then scroll through all the names til you find or recognize the one you need.…

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

17 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. pinned items up top

Currently all my pinned items appear first. This does not seem to happen in the new outlook.com email beta

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for using Outlook.com and for taking the time to provide feedback!

I just wanted to take a minute and respond and let you know that pinned items do in fact work in the new Outlook.com experience.

When pinning an item you will see it at the top of the view.

Hope this helps, if you have any other feedback, please feel free to keep it coming!

Thanks

David Los

3. WHY AM I PAYING FOR THIS STILL?

This appears to be totally useless. Trying to change my password, simple question, no answer, no help!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base