OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Birthday import uses wrong date format, mixes up MM/DD with DD/MM

I'm based in the UK, where we use a DD/MM/YYYY date format. I've exported my Outlook (desktop) version contacts to a CSV file. Someone with a birthday on Sept 1st shows as 01/09/1900. Now I import that contacts CSV file into the "People" section in web Outlook.com. The person with birthday on Sept 1 is all of a sudden swapped around to have a birthday on Jan 9! All birthdays where the day is >12 are completely ignored, and I had to add them by hand.
    All this happens even though I have changed my date format on outlook.com to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Suggestion]:limit search to contacts in my contacts lists

Hi,

When I search for someone in Outlook People or in the To field of a new e-mail message in Outlook Mail (or even the search bar of Outlook Calendar), a number of contacts/e-mail addresses appear I do not know:

Where do they come from and how can I avoid these names to appear?

Kind regards

Stijn

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. We want to hide one field (State) from global address book

it is require from our customers to hide a specific field in address book because we are using this field for some other purpose so we dont want to show the value of this attribute in address book

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Date format is ignored when displaying birthdays

I chose in the outlook.com settings to show dates as 01/09/2021 for Sept 1st (European DD/MM/YYYY format). However, this setting does not appear to be applied when displaying the birthday of a contact - I see 8/1/1950 for someone who has their birthday on August 1st. When I edit the birthday, it shows correctly as August 1, but when in the normal view, it swaps the birthday to the US format MM/DD/YYYY

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. reset child password

It should be much easier for a parent to reset a child's password without needing to change an account type or delete/re-create the account. The password security question answers are being rejected as insufficient, even though there's nothing else I can add. I can't reset it from the Family settings (even though I could delete the account from the family, and create a new account, but that means the email address will change.).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would like to be able to record my name, and hear how others say their names

I would like to be able to record my name, and hear how other people say their own names in Outlook and Teams. We have a diverse workforce and pronouncing names is often just guesswork and it is frustrating. It should be possible to hover over someone's name in Outlook and click on a speaker icon or something to hear them say their name.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. "Recent People" list naming

The title of the "Recent People" list that shows up when you left click on the "To" field during a new email draft is somewhat misleading. While the list CAN be a list of recent people, it would be more accurate for it to be a phrasing something along the lines of "Frequently Contacted" instead, since the Autocomplete cache is run on a weighted system and the suggestions listed from a single click are what the Outlook heuristics determine are the most heavily contacted individuals in the Autocomplete list. Right now there is room for misinterpretation for "Recent People" to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Combine People from Microsoft and Gmail account

In the People App in Windows 10 both accounts are shown in one list. You can see if a contact is from Gmail or Outlook or both at "How you're connected".
    In outlook.live.com/people/ they are two separate lists (different browser tab). It should be one list so that the app and browser version have the same behavior and the same contacts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. make it possible to import 100s of contacts from iCloud into Outlook

make it possible to import 100s of contacts from iCloud into Outlook

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. WHY CANT YOU STOP .DE ?

WHY CANT YOU STOP .DE ?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. save all email addresses of emails sent

Function to save all email addresses of emails sent

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. .wab file import

Create the possibility to import contact information from an old .wab file (from Outlook Express) into Outlook.com.

Alternatively, provide a simple utility to read .wab files and output the information into a .csv file, which seems to already be supported for transferring contact information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fix email address field taking priority over company name in contact list

If a contact has populated company name and email address fields but empty first name and last name fields, the email address is displayed in the contact list instead of the company name.

Please fix.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. show date a contact was added to your contact list

When you add a new contact in your contact list I would like it to show the date added. Is that a current option other than putting something in the Notes section. I want to know when I added contacts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. To duplicate a contact list

Perhaps a development might help
    It would be good to be able to create a duplicate list that can then be slightly changed in order to create a new list.

Example - if you have a list of 100 contacts and wish to create a new list for just 85 of those people, it would be easier to duplicate the first list, remove 15 people and create new list.
    Much easier than making a brand new list of 85 people!!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. lost ability to use contact list from mail to address email or to invite guests to event in calendar

Missing capabilities now that new Outlook has been pushed out with no ability to roll back. Use contact lists extensively in the organization to invite people to calendar event and also to address emails from Mail. Is this coming back? If so, when? This is a huge loss to our organization with no means to revert back to the old version.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 'People ' should be called Contacts.

'People ' should be called Contacts. sometimes it's a company that;s not a 'human' , thats a firm, an operation lol, not a people/person. ?? People is an awful label for CONTACTS.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Separate People with shared e-mail address forces only one name

Basic scenario. I have Jack Smith and Jill Smith. Each has their own phone number, but share an email address.

In Outlook, one would think that I could just create two new contacts. I attempt this, and it asks me if I want to create this as a new contact or merge because both individuals have the same email address. I choose to create a New Contact. After creating this new contact, I have to close and reopen Outlook for it to show up.

Here is the issue. If is still retain the same email for both contacts, even with…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base