OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

The new Outlook.com

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Want Classic Back!

Title: Want Classic Back: I want switched back to classic view. There is no option for me to switch to classic. I was forced to use beta. Please make it an option to choose.

7,760 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2650 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I just want to thank each and everyone of you for taking the time and providing feedback on the new Outlook.com experience. I totally appreciate that updates can often be frustrating when things change. I also want to thank everyone that has provided feedback over the course of the Beta to ensure that we address feedback.

With that being said, I do want to offer some types/advice on some options that you can select to get a view that is more in line with the old experience. This includes turning off the Colored bubbles :)

First click on the Gear in the top right hand corner. This will load the Quick Settings Pane. This pane includes all of the key features that are likely different between the old experience and the new experience.

To get a view that is similar to the old view I would turn off…

2. Display Modes for Density or Compact

isn't it possible to have more compact view? menus are taking lots of space in screen and way too annoying.

5,842 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1481 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I again thank each and everyone of you for using Outlook.com and for providing all of your feedback. I wanted to let you know that as of today we have enabled Density settings. There are three modes which control how tight and how much information is shown on the screen.

To change the density settings click on the gear in the top right (settings). In the pane that opened you should see three setting Full, Medium and Compact.

Hope this helps address some of the concerns around white space :)

Thanks again,

David Los

3. 644 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

255 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

4. GET RID OF FOCUSED MAIL NOW!

Get rid of the focused mail!, just sort by date cause i have to go through extra steps to find mail thats not there cause it didnt meet the criteria of focused, whatever that may be.

332 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

190 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for using outlook.com, and for providing such great actionable feedback!

I just wanted to let you all know that if you don’t like the Focused Inbox, you are able to easily disable it. When you disable it you will get all of your inbox items in a single view.

To do this, do the following:

1) Click on the Gear in the top right,
    2) this opens the Quick Settings Pane, from here look for Focused Inbox. Turn it off.

Hope this helps!

5. show date and time of our reply to a message

Lost feature: in the Classic version, showing at the top of a received message isa notation of the date and time when we replied to that message. It used to say, "you replied 10/19/2018, 7:34 am." Once I saw that confirmation, I knew whether to delete or move that received email from my inbox.

This feature is important, as it confirms not only that I have replied and that the message was sent successfully, it allows me to easily reference that reply in follow up emails. I can easily search for and confirm the content of my reply by accessing…

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Safelinks isn't working

I can't click any link in any e-mail on any device.
    Service Unavailable
    HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off thank you for reporting the issues you have been having with safelinks. There was a bug that did impact the safelinks for a short period of time. This has since been resolved and everything should be operating normally.

If you are seeing anything else, please feel free to reach back out!

Thanks

David Los

7. Update is the worst.

Your update has made your email service completely unusable. This is the worst. I can't even figure out how to delete multiple emails on the desktop version. Disappointed as it is such a pain to have to change my email over to a new service. I have had the same email for years. But since the update I can not even be bothered.

Sometimes simple is better. You have completely wrecked everything that was great about hotmail.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

8. It is not functional, it disperses me, before I found everything much faster. I do not like. Thanks for letting me comment.

It is not functional, it disperses me, before I found everything much faster. I do not like. Thanks for letting me comment.

413 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

9. It's a mess.

It's a mess. Someone went wild with the crayons. I'm an adult; I want my emails to be displayed in clean, clear and succinct manner. It's Email, not the next great novel. Stop trying to fix what isn't broken. The old hotmail was clean, and now I'm dealing with Focus and Other - sheer idiocy, so don't make worse than it is!

217 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for taking time out of your day to try the new Outlook.com experience as well as providing feedback!

Since you have left this feedback, we have introduced a lot of additional settings that will allow you to configure the experience to be closer to the classic Hotmail/Outlook.com experience.

To get started click on the Gear in the top right.

From there you might want to Disable Conversation View, Reading Pane, Sender Photos, Attachment Previews, Group messages by date, and Focused Inbox.

Once you have those off it should look much more like the older experience.

Hope this helps, and please keep the feedback coming!

David Los

10. double click email / Pop Out

I want to double click my message to see the full message rather than the squashed preview, it's missing some information unless I scroll the preview pane.

878 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

419 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Trouble with printing emails

When I try to print certain emails, it will only print what was in the inbox or the entire webpage as one page. Exiting beta allowed me to print only the email directly.

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

121 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, Thank you all for using the new outlook.com experience and for reporting feedback!

I just wanted to let you all know that over the last few months we have been working on improving and ensuring the print experience is working as you expect.

All of the known bugs and issues should be resolved. Please give printing another try. And as always, please leave any feedback you may have!

12. 25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

13. Hate the bubbles with initials on it. I can see their name and it causes less emails to be displayed, meaning more scrolling for me.

Disable the initial bubbles. Or make them smaller. If you are going to use colours, let the user decide which colours to use. Black for advertising, blue for family, red for friend, etc. It would make it much easier to scroll through and find something you are looking for.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Beta has changed the format of my outlook email, formerly hotmail. I cannot use it adequately. Please help.

If your users are dissatisfied, it would make sense to change back because BETA is causing headaches. Dissatisfied users will jump ship.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

15. Account Verification: I am trying to verify and the verification puzzle is stalling. I cannot send an important email.

I am trying to verify and the verification puzzle is stalling. I cannot send an important email.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hey, can't seem to find my whitelist settings in beta, needed because all non whitelisted emails go to junk as default.

Hey, can't seem to find my whitelist settings in beta, needed because all non whitelisted emails go to junk as default.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

17. I HATE THIS 'NEW' SETUP!

I HATE THIS 'NEW' SETUP!
    those that don't use things, create them. There are things on the main email page that I don't want or need and NO way to get rid of them. You are trying to add more and more ways to 'spy' on everything that everyone does. Class Action anyone?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

18. Reply, Reply All, Forward, and Send missing

The Reply All & Forward email is missing

250 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

146 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, Thank you all for using the new outlook.com experience and for reporting feedback!

The reply/reply-all/forward buttons are now available on the upper right corner of each email. You can also find reply/reply-all/forward in the command bar near the top of the screen when Conversation view is turned off.

19. Manage Subscriptions

Manage Subscriptions: Unable to delete many unwanted subscriptions. Some delete easy, some delete after re-routing to webpage (annoying), some won't delete at all (receive error message).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

20. It's to har do block junk mail domains

Since number of same mails from not so serious senders are sent from a number of different domains. i would like to have a button to block the domain directly in the UI. It is quite cumbersome to copy domain and add it to the block domain list.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base