OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 205 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

98 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Calendar events only display as dots on the date of the event; there is no event description

Events on the calendar do not appear as text, only as several dots.

114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multiple Email Reminder

Please add Multiple Email Reminder option while booking an event - this was always there in your old design/format.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, we actually support email reminders in the new version of Outlook!

First, click on the calendar event to open it up. Then you will see a bell that says “Remind me:”. Click on “Remind me:” to open the reminder option menu. In order to add an email reminder, scroll to the bottom of that menu and click on “Add email reminder”, You can then add as many email reminders as you want!

Colin

4. More options for reminder times

Miss being able to add alerts. ie a week two days and two hours, as with the old version.

146 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Keep Notes Section In Calendar Event

When making a calendar event in the current Outlook.com there is a section to add notes. This is missing in the Beta Calendar. Notes are visible in the Beta from entries made in the current Outlook.com Calendar but you are unable to edit them. I use the notes section to remind me of details about calendar events. The loss of this option would force me to use a different Calendar app/service.

767 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

323 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Low-contrast colors in Outlook.com Beta Calendar

The color scheme used by the new Outlook.com Beta Calendar - particularly on the Month view, which this feedback is referring to - is a huge step backwards in user-friendliness and accessible design.

I make extensive use of categories in my calendar, with each category using a different color. With the pre-beta Outlook.com Calendar, the calendar appointments on the Month view were displayed as a solid, high-contrast, rectangular block of bold color with the title in bold text inside the block. The colors and styling closely matched those used in the Outlook 2016 desktop client, which made it very easy…

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! The deployment for an option to switch to more saturated calendar colors in the new Outlook is now complete.

If you would like to try out this experience, please click on the gear icon in the top right of your calendar module to access your settings, and toggle “Bold event colors”.

7. why no email reminder option

Bring back email reminders

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Email reminders in Beta are not visible

Thank you for finally putting email reminders into the Beta version of Calendar :-) However, unfortunately the Beta version it doesn't allow me to see the existing email reminders - there is a blue hyperlink, but nothing happens when I click on it. When I go from Beta back to Original calendar, I can see and edit the email reminders.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We have just released an option to switch to more saturated calendar colors in the new Outlook.

If you would like to try out this experience, please click on the gear icon in the top right of your calendar module to access your settings, and toggle “Bold event colors”.

10. add attendee

There is no way to add someone to a meeting in the edit menu. Seriously?!?

402 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

173 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Want Classic Back too!

The colors on Classic were dark and distinct. Every entry I made was categorized and I could easily tell an appt, from something related to my daughters school to a simple reminder. Now with Beta the colors are all muted, pastel and on some entries, don't even exist. Why would you change it? It looks weak. At least bring back the vibrant colors option.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We have just released an option to switch to more saturated calendar colors in the new Outlook.

12. Why mess around with Calendar?

New calendar can't send email reminders. I use Calendar to send myself email reminders of events. In the new Outlook version you took away the ability to click directly into the email reminder to change the date of the calendar event - which I complained about months ago with no response. Now you have messed it up even more, taking away the option to send myself email reminders of calendar events at all. A pop-up reminder on my lock screen is absolutely useless - I need to receive an email reminder as I have done for years. Why mess around…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Calendar reminder emails cannot be set/edited any longer (since Feb 1st, 2019)

Calendar reminder emails cannot be set/edited any longer (since Feb 1st, 2019)

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. categories with colors in calendar

I liked the previous feature of having categories with different colors in the calendar. Having colors makes it easier for me to know what should be done, compared to charms. eg have a red category for deadlines and a green for completed. that way i briefly scan my calendar page and i know all the information i need.

346 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

94 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We have just released an option to switch to more saturated calendar colors in the new Outlook on the web.

16. Search calendar feature needed

We would like to search the calendar for events like we can for emails

275 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

118 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18. FADE COLOURS

PLEASE MAKE SOMETHING WITH THE COLOURS.BRING BACK THE PREVIOUS COLOURS OR MAKE THE NEW A LITTLE MORE DARKER.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19. Calendar

In the old calendar, I had all my appointments colour coded (Medical, Classes, various categories etc.) and was very impressed with how it all synced with my iPhone and iPad but now the colours dont come up the same and it the calendar looks very enimic. I wish I could go back to the old way. As I printed out the calendar to put on wall and could follow everything clearly, since the changes I have had trouble printing the calendar etc.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20. calendar colors changed

Why would you change the colors from one version to the next. Keep the colors the same in the new version.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base