OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change the organiser/admin of existing Outlook appointment series

This would be helpful in case someone leaves the company or changes his function internally and has reserved certain meetingrooms with an appointment series. Right now the current organiser has to cancel the series and at the same time the other person who takes over needs to send a new invitation. However there are always problems with this method and it's quite time consuming to copy the series manually. Would also be a nice feature to have for general appointments.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Quarterly recurrences for appointments, meetings, and/or tasks

Outlook recurrence patterns currently include "Daily", "Weekly", "Monthly", and "Yearly". Can a "Quarterly" recurrence pattern be added? This would save time having to manually insert reminders in the calendar each quarter.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. minutes

add 45 minutes option in the list of time slot available in the endtime field when creating an invitation
    lot of people don't need a 30min or 1h meeting but 45 to have some buffer
    the same can be achieved by macro but we can ask all employee to create a macro for it

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create a recurrent event on the multiple random dates at once in the Outlook Calendar

I would like to create a recurrent event to select multiple random dates at once. Because we don’t want the event to recur in regular cycle.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Agenda pane options

Please allow me to switch "Agenda Pane" on or off in "Settings." I know a lot of people like it but I don't use it and it makes my calendar too narrow. It is especially annoying when it opens just to tell me I don't have anything going on that day. I am smart enough to read my calendar and figure that out.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. See all events for the recurrent item including events whose date/time has been modified

I would like to see or obtain all events for the recurrent item including events whose date/time has been modified. Because If we change the date or time for one of the recurrent event, it’s no longer treated as the recurrent item and we are not able to identify when the item has been changed by opening the original recurrent item.
    So, it would be great if we could see all events for the recurrent item including events whose date/time has been modified.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Include Office 365 Group in the selectable mailbox options when using the BookInPolicy setting

It would be great if the BookInPolicy setting could allow us to select Office 365 Group. Currently, we can only select users, distribution groups or mail-enabled security groups for the BookInPolicy setting to allow certain users to book a calendar.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Multiple Calendar Reminders

I am looking at Office 365 as a viable alternative to Google Apps. One of the most useful features of Google Calendar is that I can have multiple reminders specified. So for instance my default is to receive a reminder 2 weeks ahead, 1 week ahead, 2 days ahead and 2 hours ahead.

I can only see an option for one reminder on the Office 365 calendar and can't see how to add more. This is a serious omission. A basic calendar requirement in my opinion.

225 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

79 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Turn of reminders for shared calendars

Please provide an option to turn off event reminders that belong to shared calendars. When a user has several calendars shared with them, they are sent reminders for each event on each of the calendars shared with them. This bogs down Outlook and makes it difficult to function.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Schedule Teams Meeting faster

With the current work from home Situation I find myself scheduling teams meetings like crazy. I think it would be really great if there would be a switch to transform a calendar entry into a teams meeting directly in the first pop up you get when clicking on a time slot in Outlook web app. (Just like the „all day“ toggle we get there)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want to change the user default mailbox permissions

I want to change the default calendar permissions before creating a user mailbox

ユーザーメールボックスを作成する前に、予定表の既定のアクセス許可を変更したい

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Automatically add a Teams call to each new meeting in Outlook

This may be more appropriate feedback for Exchange, but it would be great for inclusion if there were a policy available to automatically add a Teams call to each new Outlook invite. Meeting organizers could remove the call in rarer cases where it's inappropriate to be able to join remotely, and fewer folks would forget to add a call because it is done automatically.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. calendar notifications shared calendar

Be able to disable calendar notifications on a per calendar notification, rather than an all or nothing approach. My colleague shared his calendar with me and so suddenly I received all of his calendar notifications as well as my own, which is not ideal.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Roombooking: Roomnames in Dropdownlist are confusing

Roombooking: Please remove Roomnames from the Dropdownlist in the Location-field. Because if you put a Room from the List , the Room is not invited .. there is no Request.
    Some Users do not see the different, so the room is not booked by themself, but they think so.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow resizing of schedule view panes.

If you have a team with more than ten or so people, you cannot see the whole schedule view at once. You also cannot drag the borders of the pane to accommodate more information, all you can do is click the downward arrow to fully expand the pane at the expense of other calendars. This behavior makes schedule view, while the ideal view for working with schedules, quite worthless for viewing the schedules of large teams alongside other calendars (such as your own calendar and a time off calendar).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow changing of publish calendar range

Calendar publishing to ICS currently only publishes a window of -3 months and +6 months. This is changeable by powershell but only if you are an admin on the calendar.

This is a request to expose the publishing from/to options to the publish calendar UI

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. biweekly

Hi,

I would like to have a bi-weekly view of the events, similar to what you can customize on the Google Calendar website.

This allows me to preview events for the rest of the week and next week

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Calendar for Local power companies ON-PEAK, SHOULDER, AND OFF-PEAK HOURS

Calendar for Local power companies ON-PEAK, SHOULDER, AND OFF-PEAK HOURS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Why does the calendar now open fully up on the left showing another calendar

Don't understand the need to have two calendars showing for the same month. Reduces my calendar show much, already shrunken enough. Need to close that left pane just to see my calendar.
    Why does it also not show appointments as it used to? I would like to see my appointments and events all on one calendar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Improve calendar views to support a large (20+) number of appointments on each date

Having to manage several 30+ calendars associated each to a different resource, it's impossible have a full overview of the existing appointments. Other calendar services provide a variable dimension of the single day based on the number of appointments existing on a specific date

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 38 39
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base