OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Dislike]:Stay Signed In Every Time?

Don't ask stay signed in every single time upon log. Some use a private browser and this pops up every time, very annoying.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Slow web interface

Outlook.com works well as a mail server for MS Office Outlook. However, as a web based application, it is very slow and cumbersome. I would prefer a more streamlined and snappy interface.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop the autocorrect!!!!

Autocorrect should be optional.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ability to turn off auto numbering

When using auto numbering it is very clumsily and difficult to work with. You cannot insert spaces between your numbered paragraphs (at least I couldn't) and I could not find a way to discontinue the numbering system. I am a retired legal secretary who has used auto numbering on a different program many, many times which worked flawlessly. This system needs work!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to have automatic replies automatically enable outside of working hours (Exchange)

Ability to have automatic replies automatically enable outside of working hours (Exchange).

For example your shift ends at 5pm and you start work at 7am, so between those times the system automatically enables automatic replies saying you are out of the office etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. back arrow

back arrow doesn't work? works within msgs, but not 'from' msg to inbox list of msgs

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Settings Broken in New Edge and Safari

The "All Settings" modal is broken in the new chromium based Edge as well as Safari. It only seems to work correctly in Firefox.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Difficulty signing out

I have a terrible time signing out. I click on my picture about 50 times and "sign out" every time lately. A pop up interrupts. Why??

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Junk/Spam mail filter/notifications email causing too many redirects

Junk/Spam mail filter/notifications email causing too many redirects.

I'm not sure what happened, but someone changed the code that whenever I get the Microsoft email asking if a particular email is junk mail or not, after you respond, several things happen (or don't happen):

1) it doesn't automatically delete that email anymore

2) In Firefox, it will open up a new tab, but when you click on "close", it doesn't close the tab.

3) In Google Chrome and Firefox now, after you select whether the email is junk mail or not, Outlook.com will break and produce an error message:

Too…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Spam Fighters Crashes Outlook

When responding to a spam fighters email by clicking the junk/not junk buttons, it opens the spam fighters tab and immediately crashes my Outlook email. I then can't access my email at all for hours, sometimes all day. I have contacted the support team on Twitter who directed me here.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. [Mail] 'Bug' when using the clean function in the inbox

[en][Bing Translate]
    'Bug' when using the clean function in the inbox

When using the clear inbox function sometimes the notification that you are clearing does not go away. I don't know if cleaning has been completed or if it goes into infinite loop. My hardware is weak, my processor has two cores that operate at 1.2 GHz. If you have any related code in javascript note if the code snippets are promises if necessary and if the promises are well handled.

[pt-br]
    'Bug' ao usar a função de limpar na caixa de entrada

Ao usar a função limpar caixa de…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Safe senders don't work

Safe senders, doesn't work. Even though I have had several emails with this person before, now my rules want to override that and delete the email. Shouldn't it be the other way around and have safe sender override my rule? What if the sender uses a keyword that is a rule to delete, I don't get the email?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. "Export Mailbox" takes FAR too long!

I have only a few dozen emails, and my total storage is listed at less than 9MB. Why did it take over a DAY for my export to become available for download? The main competitor (i.e. Gmail) can perform exports of larger sizes in under a minute.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Return to junk after deleting a message

When deleting an email in Junk you return to an empty junk folder despite there are still messages there so you have to clic again in junk email to see them again. Can I just delete a message and return back to junk email

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mouse navigation buttons

Mouse buttons no longer seem to allow back/forward navigation through previously opened emails or folder.

Used to be the case, that once finished with an email, you could use a mouse "back" button" to return to previous email or previous folder, but this no longer works.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. "Too Many Redirects" message and I must shut down and restart my computer

I keep getting the message "Too many redirects" when I try to exit the Microsoft Spam Fighters email after confirming my selection, so I have to shut down and restart my computer to be able to get back into my emails. This will cause me to no longer take the time to respond to the Spam Fighters emails." Thought you'd like to know about this error. I hope you will fix this and let us know that it is fixed, so I can once again give you feedback on what is and isn't spam.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. OUTLOOK JUNK

I do not want your pop-up window in outlook that offers me an app for outlook on my phone. I cannot dismiss it, or reject it or nothing. It just keeps popping up now. I DO NOT WANT THIS **** ON MY OUTLOOK PAGE!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sync Email

Syncing email too slow from other mail providers. Could you provide an option to allow customize the frequency of synchronization, for example, every 1 minute? Thanks.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Can't send emails

I send emails for two days now. I can receive and compose, but when I push send, I get a message that the server won't allow it. I have used Firefox and Google. Are they blocking Outlook, or is Outlook pushing Edge?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Where is my idea?

Hi, I have submitted an innovative idea on usage of Outlook as a potential tool for Performance Management system. The idea is not visible and published on the site for comments and feedback. I hope the idea will not be plagiarized as generally one gets email about submitted idea and whether it is published, accepted, rejected etc.

The idea submission link was:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/users/964506106

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base