OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

The new Outlook.com

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SPAM!

The amount of spam/phishing emails that are coming through my inbox these days is absurd. What is Microsoft doing to help filter these out before they get to a user? Shouldn't there be some sort of filter in place?

315 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

160 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PLEASE HELP WITH JUNK and SPAM!

PLEASE HELP WITH JUNK and SPAM!

I am getting A TON of really inappropriate and obviously spam e-mails. Whatever MSN and Hotmail are currently doing to ensure these do not come to our mailboxes (ANY folder, including JUNK - I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THIS!) is not working. Can I PLEASE speak to someone about this problem. It's been increasing over the last year and I'm really tired of it. It's not appropriate and these are very clearly not "real" e-mails. I do not have time in the day to block individually. PLEASE contact me about this problem. I'm…

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. my junk folder is gone, so is my Focused and Others? Help!!!

Where are these folders? Did Microsoft change something the week of April 9th 2018??

732 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry people are experiencing issues here. We have gone back to the old behavior for the left-hand folder tree to always show since last year and we hope this has addressed most issues.

There are some reports in the comments about individual folders not showing up. In order for us to get to the bottom of the issue, please post as much detail as possible in your comments. What steps are you taking? Which browser/computer/operating system are you using?

Thank you for your help.

4. Problem with Subscriptions.

I unsubscribed individually from dozens of subscriptions in my subscriptions list that I never subscribed to. It took me more than 30 minutes because of the lack of a bulk select button.

I still cannot unsubscribe from VictoriaHearts 1xwww.gdn or several other craps in my subscriptions list.

Please stop adding **** to my subscriptions list without my prior approvasl. I did not subscribe to that ****.

Please let me bulk edit my subscriptions list and select which to block after unsubscribing.

I also could not select by page the dozens of bounceback emails that I received upon unsubscribing.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Too much JUNK email

Why doesn't Microsoft use just the actual email sender that is being sent, ie., @so-in-so.com to block? I ALWAYS receive excess junk mail from the same sender with different names before the "@" sign. If we could block all from the sender it would stop much of the junk email we receive. I get more junk/phishing/spam than actual legitimate email. Thank you.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve Phishing Detection

I feel you are failing to provide adequate protection against phishing attempts. I appreciate that under certain circumstances the attacks are sophisticated however I receive a lot of phishing attempts that you really should be able to identify and block.

Let's look at a real-life example. I received an email from "Apple Support" referring to a purchase I apparently made. The email contains a pdf attachment that includes details of the purchased and a link to click should I want to query the purchase. All the markings of a standard phishing attempt.

Now let's look at details in the header.

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

174 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Incorrect translation in french.

There's a wrong translation for french in the spam folder. I guess english label to empty this folder is "Empty folder", which has been translated to "Dossier vide" (means "Folder IS empty").
    Correct translation is : "Vider le dossier"

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Junk Mail

Wouldn't it be great if we could just block all the junk mail?

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Why is blocking spam made difficult?

It's almost impossible to manage spam and unwanted mail unless you are willing to spend a good deal of time searching around the programme and asking for help. No support in particular for blocking domain. Why? It should be made easy unless MS benefits from spammers activities?

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. junkmail filtering

Junkmail filtering on outlook is ineffective to say the least.

Junkmail works in a few ways.
    - Robots scan the internet for email addresses.
    - Business collect your email for legitimate reasons (like receipts or alerts) but then continue to send unsolicited mail
    - by a robot flooding random emails with a readably sounding senders name, a randomised or misleading email address, misleading body content (usually duplicated from an existing reputable website, and requiring the user to interact by clicking a hyperlink or download an executable.

Does this look familiar:
    from LinkedIn - Confirm security breach. <linkedin23508xtPRO@LinkedInSecurityTeamTotallyRealfe080x.com.org.it>. BODY:…

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Blocked domain still sending junk

Blocking doesn't work; I've blocked marlinnora.com but still get email from that domain! Can't you PLEASE fix your junk stuff?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Filtering Focused vs Other Mailbox

my 'focused' mail is actually going to 'other' and my 'other' is going to 'focused' How do I change this round?

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. junk folder requires me to click on each mail item after deleting

Why does the junk folder require me to click on each mail item after deleting one? In the non-beta version, I used to be able to delete a junk email and the focus would automatically change to the next email in the junk folder. Now, it annoyingly requires me to click on the next email ("Select an item to read") after deleting. Please fix this!

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. rules that work on spam folder

I am making tonnes of rules to try to cut down on the amount of spam I am getting. I have dozens of rules, saying for certain words to be deleted, but they are still ending up in my Junk Email. The same words being used over and over in the rules, but they are still going through. So your rules are not working what so ever.
    I was told that the rules do NOT apply to emails that are you already direct to the spam folder, that your "spam" rules bypass any rules we make ourselves. That's rather annoying.…

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Do not auto open the next email when I mark an email is junk

If you have marked a mail as a junk mail, the next mail will be opened automatically. That disturbs. I would like to move them unopened as junk mail.

1,094 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Why do I get junk mail from"subscriptions"?

I found "subscriptions" as a list of senders that can send me spam even though I request to block those senders. What the heck???

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Checking an email should not open it

I just got a spam mail in my inbox.
    I want to move it to my spam folder without opening it.
    If I click the checkbox, the mail opens.
    I don't like that.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. spam

SPAM / AUTO-BLOCK and AUTO-DELETE based on crowd opinion.
    - If a X percentage of Outlook users choose to block a particular email sender, THAT email is automatically deleted from your own Outlook email account without you having to see it.
    - Users can set the sensitivity, by choosing how aggressive this 'auto-delete' feature performs. That sensitivity can be chosen based on percentage of Outlook users choosing to block OR a number of Outlook users choosing to block OR a combination of both.
    - Also, because spammers constantly change their sending address, the system would also auto-delete based on Subject…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. JUNK MAIL

Blocked e-mails still get through! FIX this! You are smart enough!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Block smarter spam domains

Can you please just block all domains like contact-ljky07jwa4u04273gvgb@ljky07jwa4u04273gvgb.sharedentco.com ; I cant because it's got that random string between the @ and the .sharedentco.com but I get hundreds of spam emails a week

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base