OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Intégration Calendar/Contact/Map

What's going on with this outlook.com?
    When we add the address in a contact, it is not possible to see on the map Bing with a click? I have to copy and pass this address..
    2) When scheduling an appointment with a contact in the calendar there is no way to add a contact as a place.
    What kind of Outlook integration has?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search fails

Why does searching on business/company name no longer. There should be an all content search on the contact card.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. new edited contact display name should update directly to all email

new edited contact display name should update directly to all email (include email receive few months ago

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Contacts birthday

Unfortunatly, I have to switch from my beautiful Windows Phone to Android. On Android I have installed the outlook app and want to synchronize all my outlook contacts with the Android contacts list. Pictures, mails Adresse, home addresses and phone numbers were synchronized. HOWEVER, The birthdays were not synchronized which is really bad! And when adding a new contact there are only limited person informations that can be added. Even birthdays cannot be added. PLEASE FIX!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. distribution list selecting contact email address

Currently when adding a contact to a distribution list, if the contact has multiple e-mail addresses, the distribution list will default to using the first e-mail address associated with that contact. Currently the work around is to create an individual contact card for each e-mail address, which makes for a messy contacts database and difficulty in tracking contacts. The ability should be added to allow users to select which e-mail address is used when adding a contact to a distribution list.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sent emails in Inbox

The emails I have sent pop up in the Inbox, even if not part of a conversation. This is confusing and takes up space

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. New feedback

I add names to contacts and then try to put names into a contact list. Some go fine, others indicate that the name can't be found even though I can see them as a contact. This version is incredibly frustrating and annoying.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. New feedback

when I change someone's email address the old email address reappears. so then I have two for them. That is SILLY. ~~ I have to go in and delete the contact and readd to get the old email address out of my contacts list.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Can't Move Contact with Birthday

When moving a contact from a PST to the main repository and that contact has a birthday entry, I am asked if I want to add the birthday to the calendar. If I click "No", Outlook states it cannot move the contact.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Date format is ignored when displaying birthdays

I chose in the outlook.com settings to show dates as 01/09/2021 for Sept 1st (European DD/MM/YYYY format). However, this setting does not appear to be applied when displaying the birthday of a contact - I see 8/1/1950 for someone who has their birthday on August 1st. When I edit the birthday, it shows correctly as August 1, but when in the normal view, it swaps the birthday to the US format MM/DD/YYYY

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would like to be able to record my name, and hear how others say their names

I would like to be able to record my name, and hear how other people say their own names in Outlook and Teams. We have a diverse workforce and pronouncing names is often just guesswork and it is frustrating. It should be possible to hover over someone's name in Outlook and click on a speaker icon or something to hear them say their name.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Combine People from Microsoft and Gmail account

In the People App in Windows 10 both accounts are shown in one list. You can see if a contact is from Gmail or Outlook or both at "How you're connected".
    In outlook.live.com/people/ they are two separate lists (different browser tab). It should be one list so that the app and browser version have the same behavior and the same contacts.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. AutoComplete feature also displays e-mail addresses that are not stored in contact folders!

In all of these apps, email addresses are always displayed in the address and search fields, which are somewhere in emails, which one has gotten once - more precisely, in the recipient addresses of such emails.In the case of Outlook Desktop, this is the case if you write a new e-mail in the recipient fields, further up in the tool bar "Start> search for persons", continue in the online service Outlook.com resp. in the Exchange online variant, continue in the Outlook app for Android / iOS, when I search for a person (magnifying glass in the middle) and then select…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make labels of phone numbers and email addresses consistent with Windows 10 app

Make the labels of phone numbers and email addresses the same on the Outlook.com website as in the Windows 10 People app. For example, People on the web says "Organization phone" and just "Email", whereas the Windows 10 People app says "Company phone", "Personal email" and "Work email". Both should say "organization" rather than "company" because it is more general and both should have the "personal" and "work" labels for emails.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Google's export to CSV is not properly parsed by Microsoft's import from CSV.

For contacts, Google's export to CSV uses field names that Microsoft's import does not understand. The result is the unknown fields are saved in the Notes field. This is very clumsy import and forces the user to perform LOTS of editing. You show an example of some fields in a few records in the .csv file, but not enough for the user to know the import of the CSV will result in a good set of contacts. You need to provide a mapping of what Google uses for field names to what you use for field names. Since Google and…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. UNLINK CONTACTS FEATURE

Even though my contacts on the PC outlook version are ok, when viewing the same synced contacts on outlook.live, many contacts appear linked and messed up.
    For example :
    -Contact 1 has the a home number
    - Contact 2 has the same home number

Outlook.live merges contacts 1 & 2 into one, which is wrong.

I had to delete all contacts from outlook.live and use google people to resolve this,

Please see that this feature is fixed or disabled.
    User must choose if and which contacts to be merged into one.

Thanks. I believe this is very important!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can't delete all deleted contact!

I import contact from google contact to outlook via excel file. I upload 2 times fail and 1 time successful. I see many duplicated contact in my list. So I delete all before re-upload. Last time, upload successful.
    In my Blackberry 10, many duplicated contact synced. I don't know why. I guess it synced contact in delete box in to my cellphone also.
    I try to delete contact in delete box. But Outlook don't allow to delete all, only 50 contact per time. I angry with this. You can make this easy by select all and delete. You can show…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Contact lists in Surname order but not when added to email

I have created several contact lists and sorted the contents in Surname order. Why though when I add the contact list to an email does it show in First name order?
    This makes it extremely awkward to check I am sending my email to all the people I need to.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Automatic contact linking

My contacts are linking automatically if they use a joint email account which is deleting one of the contacts. This causes a major headache as I am getting texts and calls and it no longer has the other persons name as it automatically linked it

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base