OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Contact list ruined

My contacts list is all right, but emails will not bring it up. An email to Tabbycat@meow.com brings up the old address-every address with a t that I have ever used-a lot that I don't recognise-but never Tabbycat@meow.com.

I have tidied the contacts list, but the contacts keep coming back-the old and deleted ones, never the new ones. I have to write these onto the email myself.

The contacts list itself no longer shows old or unused addresses, only current ones, so why won't these appear at the tops of new emails ?

It is incredibly annoying. I will…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Contacts

Writing an email in beta only brings up the My contact list. Unfortunately the sorting is not consistent and, in my opinion, My contacts should be eliminated with just contacts and simple sorting options of how I want to get my contacts sorted. The old version gives me the option of choosing 'My contacts' and 'Contacts'. In Beta this does not work.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. cleanup contacts

There's a bug in "cleanup contacts." When I clicked on "cleanup contacts", it showed me the duplicates, but I can't scroll down the page. Since I can't uncheck whatever might be below the visible screen, I don't dare click "cleanup" because I don't know what's going to happen to those contacts. Hence, the function is entirely unusable.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Contact Photos

Currently when going to Outlook.com > People we are unable to add Photos to our contacts. The only work around is by using "Windows 10 > People" app. This method is also not working well.

On People app (W10) adding a photo to a contact (314x314) or (640x640) of JPG format shows up on People App. After pressing SYNC on People App some photos get uploaded others don't.

Using an iPhone and adding contacts have the same problem. Contacts with a photo on Outlook.com > People, do not display the photo on Contacts, while others randomly do.

Inconsistencies:
    1) Adding…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. contacts

after successful import of Yahoo contacts they do not come up when writing an email. tried it several times and they do not show.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bring back Contact Groups!!

Why don't you allow saved Contact Groups? Most of us only need 10 or fewer contacts (family, friends, colleagues) in a group. Why did you stop that function?

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Contacts

In the old Outlook I had my contacts in categories. I could just type in that category and the names would come up. I no longer have that options. I have to now type in each name separately. Please return this feature. It was under manage contacts.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. contacts

When creating new email and click on cc: it doesn't show all my contacts. Also doesn't show 2nd and 3rd email address for the contact

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Contact info panel

Could you please bring back the contact info panel?

In old Outlook, when you clicked on the email address/contact, info panel showed up on the right side. You were able to see mails, files, events or schedule a new event.

In the current implementation this feature is gone. When I click on the contact I see a few emails, files, but that's it. No schedules, nothing... And when I get outside of that window, it closes, so the whole view disappears.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 7 8 9 11 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base