OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Public folder - contacts- display problem

Some of our users have problems viewing contacts in a public folder containing contacts.

The problem is that when you search for a contact in the list and the current display setting is "Contacts", if you open the item to see the details, there are fields that are empty or the data is erroneous.

You can see all the good and missing details if you change the current display "Contacts" to "Business Card".

I opened a Microsoft ticket on this in the past and the Exchange Online support team was able to reproduce the problem on their side with an…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A much easier way to add contacts to lists is needed

It can be added on the Manage button or as a separate button. Adding people by entering the contact name is a pain

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Extension Attributes/ Custom Attributes

In our on premise Exchange, we exposed (and relabeled) Extension Attributes 1 - 4 in the address book. Can we get the option to customize pages in the address list in O365? Or is there a way to expose those attributes in SharePoint online by lookup?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. icloud contacts

To import contacts in a vCard file to Outlook on a PC, you need to convert them from a .vcf file format to a .csv file format. This involves importing them to Windows, and then exporting them to the CSV file. If you have more than 50 or so contacts, this is a tedious process because you have to press OK for each contact you want to import to the csv file. Unfortunately, there's no way to do a global OK and import all of them to the csv file at the same time.

Come on - simplify this please...

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. No easy access to contacts -- why?

Inconvenient that there is not a contact list directly available when in Outlook e-mail. Instead have to go to another Outlook webpage.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Horizontal scroll bar missing

03-20-2019
    Horizontal scroll bar missing in the People page. Was there yesterday. Using Chrome on Win7.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. distribution list selecting contact email address

Currently when adding a contact to a distribution list, if the contact has multiple e-mail addresses, the distribution list will default to using the first e-mail address associated with that contact. Currently the work around is to create an individual contact card for each e-mail address, which makes for a messy contacts database and difficulty in tracking contacts. The ability should be added to allow users to select which e-mail address is used when adding a contact to a distribution list.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Moving contacts to new folders

I just discovered the Folders on the left hand side of the page. Why can't I drag and drop existing contacts into the folders I just made??? How do I move them from "contacts" to the new folder? Or how do I add them to the new folder?

Also, I have contacts from companies I used to work for. I want to save the names and numbers, but I don't want to see them unless I am looking for them. I'd like to have them hidden from my regular contact list.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Contact Lists / Groups needs to be more intuitive and easier to use

To create a Group of Contacts, should be easy to do, and easy to then email to. We should be able to simply scroll through the list of contacts, checking boxes next to each name; from there it should be easy to not only email the selected contacts, but also create a Contact Group from that selection.

Currently if you select contacts in this manor you literally cannot do ANYTHING to them. You can't delete in bulk, you can't create a new message to the selected, and you cannot create a Contact Group in this fashion. This is very confusing…

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Yomi-name contacts not in order with English ones!

Outlook People (Web version) does not put contacts with a Yomi (phonetic) name (such as Chinese) along with all 'normal' English contacts. The UWP app can do that, however.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Address book

When clicking on the "People" option I WAS able to go to my company's directory to locate names I haven't emailed before. Now it just gives me MY contact list and nothing else. How am I supposed to find another coworker's name without the company address book?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow remove photo from contact

in addition to the option to add or replace a photo, there should be an option to remove a photo.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. can't change name on an email address

can't change name on an email address!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Outlook.com People: Deleted folder not populated if deleted from app

If you delete a contact from Outlook.com, they go into the Deleted folder in People. HOWEVER, if you delete it from your phone, computer, etc., they are permanently deleted. This is poor behavior. If a contact is deleted from a device, it should go into the Deleted folder.

tldr:
    This would resolve much of the problems out there of not-computer-savvy people accidentally deleting all their contacts. Some people don't realize that their contact list is synced across devices. So, when getting rid of a device, they delete everything (including contacts) on it, not realizing that they are also deleting their…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Loss of Information in People app when adding new info

Whenever I add a new info in any existing contact whether it is phone number or email address, on of the phone number is automatically deleted. e.g. I have a contact named Naresh, it has two phone numbers, I have added an personal email address in this contact, but when I saved the contact, it removed one of the phone numbers.

This problem is months old, I have gave feedback about it from my phone (Lumia 730, updated to windows 10) but the problem couldn't be resolved yet.

I have lost many phone numbers because of this problem in people…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. People is really bad

As much as the e-mail client beta version is good, so much the contact manager "People" is really bad.

If you want to classify your contacts in subdirectories to find them quickly, you need to have a contact card with the same name in the "Contact" folder and use the "clean contact" function to link the 2 cards. Otherwise, the contcts are not syncronized on your smartphone.
    Why keep it simple when Microsoft can get complicated ...
    I will keep my contact management in Google contacts

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I need some way of identifying where a contact is stored

For years I've used the desktop Outlook, along with our ISP, to store all contacts. The last few years I've begun to use the People app in Windows 10, because as I understand it, the People app is more associated with Office 365. But the one thing that is really very irritating, is I've no idea at all where the contact is stored. Since I've got years worth of contacts from the old ISP/.PST file, or in the People app used by Outlook.com, I don't know where anything is, until I try to edit it. It's VERY FRUSTRATING to get…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sent emails in Inbox

The emails I have sent pop up in the Inbox, even if not part of a conversation. This is confusing and takes up space

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. birthday

Some birthays are displayed in 2 days (from 23:00 until 23:00). I can't understand why and I don't know how to change it!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. People Wishlist

People Wishlist
    Be able to give a Category (with a color associated) to Contacts!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base