OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. icloud contacts

To import contacts in a vCard file to Outlook on a PC, you need to convert them from a .vcf file format to a .csv file format. This involves importing them to Windows, and then exporting them to the CSV file. If you have more than 50 or so contacts, this is a tedious process because you have to press OK for each contact you want to import to the csv file. Unfortunately, there's no way to do a global OK and import all of them to the csv file at the same time.

Come on - simplify this please...

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. can't change name on an email address

can't change name on an email address!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Contact Lists / Groups needs to be more intuitive and easier to use

To create a Group of Contacts, should be easy to do, and easy to then email to. We should be able to simply scroll through the list of contacts, checking boxes next to each name; from there it should be easy to not only email the selected contacts, but also create a Contact Group from that selection.

Currently if you select contacts in this manor you literally cannot do ANYTHING to them. You can't delete in bulk, you can't create a new message to the selected, and you cannot create a Contact Group in this fashion. This is very confusing…

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A much easier way to add contacts to lists is needed

It can be added on the Manage button or as a separate button. Adding people by entering the contact name is a pain

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Outlook.com People: Deleted folder not populated if deleted from app

If you delete a contact from Outlook.com, they go into the Deleted folder in People. HOWEVER, if you delete it from your phone, computer, etc., they are permanently deleted. This is poor behavior. If a contact is deleted from a device, it should go into the Deleted folder.

tldr:
    This would resolve much of the problems out there of not-computer-savvy people accidentally deleting all their contacts. Some people don't realize that their contact list is synced across devices. So, when getting rid of a device, they delete everything (including contacts) on it, not realizing that they are also deleting their…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Loss of Information in People app when adding new info

Whenever I add a new info in any existing contact whether it is phone number or email address, on of the phone number is automatically deleted. e.g. I have a contact named Naresh, it has two phone numbers, I have added an personal email address in this contact, but when I saved the contact, it removed one of the phone numbers.

This problem is months old, I have gave feedback about it from my phone (Lumia 730, updated to windows 10) but the problem couldn't be resolved yet.

I have lost many phone numbers because of this problem in people…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. People is really bad

As much as the e-mail client beta version is good, so much the contact manager "People" is really bad.

If you want to classify your contacts in subdirectories to find them quickly, you need to have a contact card with the same name in the "Contact" folder and use the "clean contact" function to link the 2 cards. Otherwise, the contcts are not syncronized on your smartphone.
    Why keep it simple when Microsoft can get complicated ...
    I will keep my contact management in Google contacts

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I need some way of identifying where a contact is stored

For years I've used the desktop Outlook, along with our ISP, to store all contacts. The last few years I've begun to use the People app in Windows 10, because as I understand it, the People app is more associated with Office 365. But the one thing that is really very irritating, is I've no idea at all where the contact is stored. Since I've got years worth of contacts from the old ISP/.PST file, or in the People app used by Outlook.com, I don't know where anything is, until I try to edit it. It's VERY FRUSTRATING to get…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. birthday

Some birthays are displayed in 2 days (from 23:00 until 23:00). I can't understand why and I don't know how to change it!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Discontinued email addresses still appear

Why do old email addresses, long since removed from my list of contacts, still come up in 'suggested contacts'? I've just had a non-delivery notice because I sent an email to an address which no longer exists - MOST ANNOYING. Also, although I've changed the email address in my contact's details, I notice the old one still appears under her name in the list. THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN CORRECTED LONG AGO.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. People Wishlist

People Wishlist
    Be able to give a Category (with a color associated) to Contacts!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Unable to import contacts to Outlook 365 from Outlook app in the computer

Unable to import contacts to Outlook 365 from Outlook app in the computer. Tried CSV and PST files, nothing works. There seem to be a mismatch in formats.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Tie contacts to Events

It would be helpful if Contacts/People could be tied to Calendar Events- so there was a history (or link to the event) under the Contact's listing. Not every event is a Meeting- make a way to show Calls and Emails (or let us define a few ways).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Contacts Archive

Contacts Archive: Instead of having to delete old contatcs it might sometimes be useful to archive them. but not get them anymore in the current views/ search. But also not to loose them by deleting them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Suggestion of duplicate contacts in search

In my search there are duplicate contacts. Ex: Uber. As a suggestion of contacts I can not delete.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Contacts are broken

Maybe this has something to do with integration with Android, but my contacts are all screwed up now. I have four separate contacts for one person, three for three different types of emails, and one that just has a photo. None of them have any information I have entered in the past including phone number, birthday, etc., and all four of them say "Add to contacts" even though they have obviously been in my contact list before. When I try to merge these contacts, they do not show up under the merge function, and when I try to edit a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Unwanted contact groups on Exchange Active Sync

Exchange Active Sync displays additional groups that do not exist on Outlook.com. These are groups "Agent Registery Contacts", "Facebook Contacts" and "Google Contacts". It's a mess...
    Please delete them to have the same list of contacts as on Outlook.com.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. bugs GRAVE avec les contacts

Bug with contacts ! when i imported my mailbox, a lot aof contacts appears that i don't know and i never communicate with there ! ! ! Sometimes, unknow adresses are suggested, these adresses don't exist in my adress book and in "contact suggested" ! ! !

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. new edited contact display name should update directly to all email

new edited contact display name should update directly to all email (include email receive few months ago

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Horizontal scroll bar missing

03-20-2019
    Horizontal scroll bar missing in the People page. Was there yesterday. Using Chrome on Win7.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base