OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back the Lists icon for each contact, so that I can see at a glance whether someone is on a list, rather than having to search the who

Facility to check which contact lists a contact is on from that contact's entry in People. Managing Contacts in Classic had this feature. There was an icon to click on to see which lists an individual contact belonged to. This icon has gone in Beta version. Now I have to search through every contact list to see who is on or not. Very tedious and a waste of my time!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Intégration Calendar/Contact/Map

What's going on with this outlook.com?
    When we add the address in a contact, it is not possible to see on the map Bing with a click? I have to copy and pass this address..
    2) When scheduling an appointment with a contact in the calendar there is no way to add a contact as a place.
    What kind of Outlook integration has?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add multiple contacts to a contact list

It is not possible to go trough All contacts and add one or multiple contacts to a contact list. Only in the list it is possible to lookup people an add them. This is not very practical and people which should be added are forgotten.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. People/contacts not clear

Linking several contacts removes them from the All Contracts list and there is not explanation as to how to find them or work with thim, or Unlink them. Further, there is no easy way to copy contacts from All Contacts to a contact list and Outlook emptied my contact lists since I set them up in 2014. Very hard to work with, nothing at all like Hotmail was before you absorbed it and ruined it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Public folder - contacts- display problem

Some of our users have problems viewing contacts in a public folder containing contacts.

The problem is that when you search for a contact in the list and the current display setting is "Contacts", if you open the item to see the details, there are fields that are empty or the data is erroneous.

You can see all the good and missing details if you change the current display "Contacts" to "Business Card".

I opened a Microsoft ticket on this in the past and the Exchange Online support team was able to reproduce the problem on their side with an…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Microsoft is corrupt selling our email addresses!!!

Microsoft is corrupted selling our email addresses!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Extension Attributes/ Custom Attributes

In our on premise Exchange, we exposed (and relabeled) Extension Attributes 1 - 4 in the address book. Can we get the option to customize pages in the address list in O365? Or is there a way to expose those attributes in SharePoint online by lookup?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It's Time to Change the Default Phone Number Format

Once upon a time, long, long ago, dialing an area code was optional. It isn't optional any more. Not on most phone systems anyway. So why do we still put the area code in parentheses? Parentheses indicates that the digits are optional. They still do. They are not optional. This situation is most ridiculous with toll free numbers such as (800) 123-0000. Really?

Either change the formatting to +1 123-456-7890 or let us change it. And don’t fall back on the Windows “Phone and Modem” control panel—it doesn’t work this way. It only lets us change the area code and…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Address book

address book (People has disappeared). How can I edit my group lists?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Stop changing people's names

I sent an email to someone, say "Maria@outlook.com". THEN I set her up as a contact in People, with the name "Social - Maria". Plus I added her to a contact Group List. BUT outlook keeps changing her name to "Maria" rather than keeping the name that I input of "Social - Maria".

How do I get outlook to stop changing her name? I WANT THE NAME I INPUT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add a flag to show "Linked Contacts" so when the incorrectly get linked, a user can easily find and unlink them.

Right now the only way to find contacts that have been INCORRECTLY linked, is click on each contact, 1 by 1, until "Linked Contacts" appears in the heading bar. This is not practical. I have 2500+ contacts, and 6 of them were incorrectly linked by either Outlook.com or Android or iPhone, and I cannot find which without clicking through ALL 2500 of them? Doesn't make sense. Add a "sort by linked contacts" or something, seems so simple.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. delete system folder

There are two ghost folders in my account that I cannot delete. LinkedIn Contacts and Google Contacts appear in my Outlook file, but don't show on Outlook.com (without a IE6 workaround). How can I get these folders out of there?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Edit the GAL & Address book drop down lists

Edit the GAL:
    When sending an email, you click on the To button; edit Jane; Rt Click it; Properties; rt click Email Addresses; - if she's left I can't delete her.
    If you select Address Books, none of the All Addresses; All Contacts; All Groups; Room or Users work - can these be edited or removed?
    If you select the Advanced Find & try part of a Person's name eg Rob, I don't get a list of all Roberts & Robinsons come up, - it just does not work!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. when looking at a sent email...you cannot see the entire list of email addresses of people that you sent it to. I want to copy and paste

When i send an email to more than 25 or so people and then look into the sent email for the bcc addresses it does not show all of the addresses in the bcc line. I used to be able to copy all of those bcc addresses and send out another email to those same people. Please bring that function back

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Yomi-name contacts not in order with English ones!

Outlook People (Web version) does not put contacts with a Yomi (phonetic) name (such as Chinese) along with all 'normal' English contacts. The UWP app can do that, however.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Address book

When clicking on the "People" option I WAS able to go to my company's directory to locate names I haven't emailed before. Now it just gives me MY contact list and nothing else. How am I supposed to find another coworker's name without the company address book?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Contacts birthday shifted

Birthday on contacts card ist shifted one day back, while in the old view the date is correct. Very annoying.

Many functions missing: connected accounts, remove - add birthday calendar, rules and last but not least proper sync of contacts with Outlook!

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. distribution list selecting contact email address

Currently when adding a contact to a distribution list, if the contact has multiple e-mail addresses, the distribution list will default to using the first e-mail address associated with that contact. Currently the work around is to create an individual contact card for each e-mail address, which makes for a messy contacts database and difficulty in tracking contacts. The ability should be added to allow users to select which e-mail address is used when adding a contact to a distribution list.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. contact in outlook app in Android phone can't show the second mobile number of the same person

contact in outlook app in Android phone can't show the second mobile number of the same person

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base