OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Get started" new box under emails

I have this new "get started" section at the foot of my inbox and I cant delete it even though all the boxes are ticked. What is happening?

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

31 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bulk delete of subscriptions

unsubscribing from subscriptions. It would be good to have the ability to unsubscribe from multiple subscriptions, especially when they were added through a junk email. Also, removing any subscription automatically that is linked to a junk email would be great.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey, thanks for your feedback!

You can already do this! Open the settings page by clicking on the gear in the header. Then search “subscriptions” in the settings pane search bar. Then click on “Subscriptions”, and it will show you a list of all the senders who you have a subscription to. (Please note: Microsoft does NOT sign you up for any of these subscriptions. We are just showing you which subscriptions you’ve been added to already, usually because you gave your email to a site online).

You can then unsubscribe from any of those emails using the subscriptions manager!

3. Fix the subscription feature or delete it.

Fix the subscription feature or delete it.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Safelinks isn't working

I can't click any link in any e-mail on any device.
    Service Unavailable
    HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off thank you for reporting the issues you have been having with safelinks. There was a bug that did impact the safelinks for a short period of time. This has since been resolved and everything should be operating normally.

If you are seeing anything else, please feel free to reach back out!

Thanks

David Los

5. Can not move subfolder to a folder of the same level as inbox/drafts folder

I have one subfolder and I cant move it to the root level (same level as inbox/junk email/draft/sent items)

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can do this today!

You can drag a subfolder to the top level folders and it will appear there. Alternatively, you can right click on a folder name and select “Move”. This will let you move the folder anywhere.

We will look at updating the text to make it clearer.

Colin

6. Don't automatically cluster emails from certain days together.

If people want to sort emails or see when they were sent, there are still dates displayed. Adding divisions into meaningless groups just clutters up the look of the inbox.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for using Outlook.com and for taking the time to provide feedback!

I just wanted to take a minute and let you know that we have added a setting to disable/enable the Date settings.

To turn it off do the following steps:

1) Click on the Gear in the top right
    2) Turn off the toggle for Group messages by Date

Thanks! And keep the feedback coming!

David Los

7. Compose and Replies should be on a dark background in Dark Mode

When composing an email, either reply or new, the background is white.
    This should not occur when on "Dark Mode".

Additionally, when highlighting text when in Dark Mode, the background that would usually display when highlighting is transparent making it difficult to tell if the correct text is fully highlighted.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all – Thanks again for the feedback and feature suggestions! I just wanted to let you know that over the next two weeks you will start seeing dark compose. This means that when you are writing an email, you will be able to not have the white new email screen.

Thanks again!

David Los

8. Previewing attachments

New way of previewing attachments doesn't display them properly, half the page is off the screen.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Blocking e mails by domain and sender should be quick and easy-its not. Please put the 2 options together, ie block send and or domain.

Blocking domain and sender should be quick and easy-its not. Please put the 2 options together, ie block send and or domain.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. No way to block unwanted email/domains

Please correct the junk email box icons to allow customers to put in block emails and save them. The save icon does not work at all.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. "empty folder" option on inbox is dangerous

please disable the "empty folder" option when right clicking on inbox

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Rules Not Working

I have several emails that are supposed to go to specific folders, but here recently I see them either in my inbox or in my spam folder. Why aren't my rules working anymore?

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you, everyone, for reporting this issue to us. We understand the frustration around this issue that has been ongoing for some time, and are working to track down issues.

In order to help us pinpoint issues, please be as descriptive as possible in highlighting what your specific issue is when posting a comment.

In the meanwhile, here are some instructions and help to attempt to mitigate issues with your Mailbox:

- In order to create rules: 1) Right-click on a specific email and select “Create rule”. 2) Select the overflow menu in the top menu bar and click “Create rule”. 3) Click “Settings” → “Mail” → “Rules” → “Add new rules”

- Rules run in order from top to bottom on your rules list in the rules settings page. If you have a rule created with the option “Stop processing more rules” (enabled by default), once that rule condition…

13. you did not answer my original question

did not receive any help to my query.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all,

You can reach Outlook.com support by going to the Help pane (the ? icon in the header) and searching for solutions to your problem. If the solutions provided do not solve your problem, you can click “Yes” to “Still need help?” on the bottom. Then you’ll have the option to contact a support agent.

Colin

14. I HATE THIS 'NEW' SETUP!

I HATE THIS 'NEW' SETUP!
    those that don't use things, create them. There are things on the main email page that I don't want or need and NO way to get rid of them. You are trying to add more and more ways to 'spy' on everything that everyone does. Class Action anyone?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

15. Need Encryption

The Beta version is very unclear and busy/cloudy. Now I conclude that the beta version is secure for sending mail and the version be for no longer. This was previously protected and encrypted. Beta is bad and complicated. That the encryption security is away from the previous version is really incomprehensible. This must be returned immediately. Outlook is the safest mail provider? That's also the only reason I've switched to outlook mail.
    Too bad......

Yours sincerely,

Customer Js

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Need an option to turn OFF predictive text.

Provide an option to turn on/OFF predictive text:

1) just for the current email
    2) for all emails

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for using Outlook.com and providing feedback!

To turn off text predictions:
    1) At the top of the page, select Settings > View all Outlook settings > Mail > Compose and reply.
    2) Under Text predictions, clear the Suggest words or phrases as I type check box.

For more information, please see: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/use-intelligent-technology-in-outlook-on-the-web-and-outlook-com-24b30683-8340-4b69-b8ac-4193ec528a70

17. Don't Like Delete Icon 'popping up' in the Inbox, when the deleted email is reachable in the Deleted Folder.

I don't like the feature that 'pops up' (on the "Inbox") when one deletes an email. (It states: "Deleted" and "Undo".) It is very distracting and hides / covers up upcoming emails on the Inbox list. - What is the purpose to retrieve it (deleted email) from our regular 'delete folder'? WE CAN JUST GO TO OUR DELETED FOLDER. - If you were to find a way to bring up deleted emails (deleted from the delete folder) that would be a good feature. But to have an icon pop-up in the Inbox with every time we click to delete an…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. draft folder now SUCKS

Your new beta system SUCKS. In my draft folder it will NOT KEEP NEW messages at top, regardless if I have them FLAGGED, PINNED or MARKED by any means. This beta system SUCKS. When is it going to be fixed???

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

19. I‘ve changed my username, but why the email' username is not changed in the same time? How I change my email's username? thanks!

I‘ve changed my username, but why the email' username is not changed in the same time? How I change my email's username? thanks!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

20. Hey, can't seem to find my whitelist settings in beta, needed because all non whitelisted emails go to junk as default.

Hey, can't seem to find my whitelist settings in beta, needed because all non whitelisted emails go to junk as default.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base