OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New Search bar location doesn't work for me.

I really don't like the new location of the Search bar in Outlook. I wish we had more control over these things. Not every idea is a good one and Microsoft's propensity for trying to control everyone's user experience is what drives users to Apple.

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

36 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! You can make more emails appear on the same page in your message list by configuring the density settings of each message.

Click on the settings gear, and open the quick settings pane. Then, set Display Density to Compact. Then, click on “View full settings” and search for “Message Preview Text”. Set “Message Preview Text” to “Hide message previews”.

This should give you a much denser view of your emails!

Colin

3. bring bak my old outlook it so much friendly user. no fuss no muss just check my e-mail and its done

Bring bak my old outlook it so much easyer to get to no fuss no muss get my idea there?

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for using Outlook.com, and for providing all of this great feedback. Based on your feedback, I think we have an option that will adjust the mail view into one that you like. You can turn off the reading pane view, this will give you the old view like you had in the old outlook.com with messages only showing when you click on them.

Follow these steps, and you will get your mail in one view

1) Click on the Gear in the top right
    2) This opens the Quick Settings pane. From here you can either turn the reading pane off, move it to the bottom, or on the right.

Hope this helps!

David Los

4. Files menu EXPANDED?? Why?!!!!

Why Outlook opens with Files menu expanded??!! I don't want that everyone may seen it!!

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Block unwanted mail

PLEASE add BLOCK to the Delete Box. That should be so easy for you to do.

Thank you.

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Update is the worst.

Your update has made your email service completely unusable. This is the worst. I can't even figure out how to delete multiple emails on the desktop version. Disappointed as it is such a pain to have to change my email over to a new service. I have had the same email for years. But since the update I can not even be bothered.

Sometimes simple is better. You have completely wrecked everything that was great about hotmail.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

7. Trouble with printing emails

When I try to print certain emails, it will only print what was in the inbox or the entire webpage as one page. Exiting beta allowed me to print only the email directly.

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

129 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, Thank you all for using the new outlook.com experience and for reporting feedback!

I just wanted to let you all know that over the last few months we have been working on improving and ensuring the print experience is working as you expect.

All of the known bugs and issues should be resolved. Please give printing another try. And as always, please leave any feedback you may have!

8. Hate the bubbles with initials on it. I can see their name and it causes less emails to be displayed, meaning more scrolling for me.

Disable the initial bubbles. Or make them smaller. If you are going to use colours, let the user decide which colours to use. Black for advertising, blue for family, red for friend, etc. It would make it much easier to scroll through and find something you are looking for.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Full flag/date integration

Allow flags to have a date setting, today/ tomorrow/ next week as a specific date, then combine those into a task schedule for the day. Allow QUICK assigning of time frames for each task.
    I should be able to flag an email and then create a task for it.
    1. John Doe emails me a set of drawing revisions.
    2. I flag his email and create a task to revise the drawings, estimating it will take me 3 hours, starting at 09:00
    3. Said task shows up in the Calendar as well as my daily agenda

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Remove news folder

Please add the option to remove the news folder from the left sidebar completely.

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Files Folder

The Files folder is now expanding by itself upon opening Outlook and causing everything to be slow to load.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  28 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I can't figure out how to open email in its own window to see the whole page

I need to be able to open the email in its own window to clearly see the whole page. Is this no longer possible?

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there! Thanks for the feedback, and for using outlook.com! I just wanted to let you know that we now have the open in new window behavior like we had in the old experience.

You can open items by double clicking the message in the message list.

Or by clicking the Open in New window in the reading pane. Click the carrot (arrow head pointing down) next to the forward button.

Hope this helps!

13. Hide Specific Spelling/Grammar Suggestions

I want an option to hide individual spelling/grammar suggestions. I disagree with one of the suggestions and don't want to see the blue underlines. They are distracting.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for using Outlook.com and your feedback! To modify which suggestions appear:

1) Go to Mail > Compose and reply.
    2) Under Microsoft Editor, go to Microsoft Editor Settings.
    3) Switch options on and off for the corrections and refinements you want.

Alternatively, while writing an email draft:
    1) Select Editor in the compose ribbon at the bottom of your message.
    2) Click to select or deselect suggestion types (Spelling, Grammar, or Writing Refinement).

You can find more information on Microsoft Editor here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/check-grammar-spelling-and-more-in-outlook-com-and-outlook-on-the-web-c6b1283d-81a2-47f1-bc85-9e8dfc0cbf15

14. Beta has changed the format of my outlook email, formerly hotmail. I cannot use it adequately. Please help.

If your users are dissatisfied, it would make sense to change back because BETA is causing headaches. Dissatisfied users will jump ship.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

15. Add option to remove Files/Groups folders from mail section

Allow people to disable the Files folder and the Groups folder. Some people find they take up to much room on the

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. auto

I already know what I mean to say. Please make all auto features optional so they can be turned on/off manually.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry you’re not finding these features helpful. All our intelligent features have settings that can be individually disabled by going to:
    Settings → Mail → Compose and reply, and finding the respective feature.

From the issue opened here, it sounds like this could be one of two items:

1) Text predictions: Outlook suggesting words of phrases as you type a message.

To disable: Settings → Mail → Compose and reply → Text predictions → Uncheck “Suggest words of phrases as I type”

2) Microsoft Editor: Outlook can help find spelling and grammar mistakes, or suggest alternate ways to rewrite sentences you’ve written by flagging them with an underline.

To disable: Settings → Mail → Compose and reply → Microsoft Editor → “Microsoft Editor settings”.
    From here you can select which types of corrections/suggestions you’d like to see, or turn them off completely.

For more information on intelligent features,…

17. Bring Back Phishing Button for Junk Mail folder.

Bring back "Phishing" Button to report Junk / Phishing emails.

Using the button massively reduced the junk I received, and I do not want to return to having to trawl through many junk emails to find the legitimate ones.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can report items as phishing via the following method:
    1. Mark an item as junk (if it not done so already)
    2. In the Junk email folder, select the item and click the “Not junk” drop-down located in the top options above the message list
    3. Select “Phishing”

Note: We have heard feedback that some users wish to mark items as phishing from any folder (not just Junk email) and are currently working to bring this capability to the Outlook beta.

18. mailbox not receiving mail

My mailbox is still not receiving email after deleting a bunch of emails yesterday. What's the deal and how do I get my mailbox/account active again?

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  43 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. BCC Self

Option to BCC Self for each account.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

20. "Get started" new box under emails

I have this new "get started" section at the foot of my inbox and I cant delete it even though all the boxes are ticked. What is happening?

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base