OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Windows 10 and Outlook email address offer no security! Advertising, **** emails cannot be marked as phishing or blocked!

Attention entrepreneurs, independent persons and also private customers! Please read carefully who you don't want to make the mistake like I do one myself and I very much hope that I can help some people with my experience of Microsoft products!
    After twenty years of Microsoft products using ("Windows 98, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10,") I have to add the products ("Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook-Email,") I'm sorry to say goodbye to Windows 10 and Outlook Email forever and switch to macOS Catalina and iCloud Email from Apple! Because for the third time I was simply…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. to remove adds from the Panel in right side of the inbox

I am happy while using the Microsoft Account but the issue i am facing is the adds showing in the right coroner of the email pls request you to kindly remove the adds from the Screen so I can view the full Panel in the Inbox Mail.Pls do needful...

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. For a message to automatically be considered read I have to click on the message that I sent. That's redundant.

For a message to automatically be considered read I have to click on the message that I sent.
    That's redundant.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. searching compound words yields noisy matches.

if I search a word that just happens to have the letters "and" in the middle of it, all kinds of results return that just match on "and"

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow reopening of emails after relaunch

Allow outlook to reopen any emails left open from the previous session, so that upon launch, the emails left open are automatically reopened.

Mail on MAC does this since forever...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bug Report Junk Email

Bug Report: Stop sending emails from Rexall Drugstore (communications@e.rexall.ca) to the Junk Email folder. It is NOT junk.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [Dislike]:ability to divide inbox into custom folders for various email types

let me create subfolders in inbox and decide what future emails get directed to which folder (eg from company x goes to folder 2 eg my banking folder etc). not as simple as a focused vs promotion split as is seen in one of your views.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Expand Window - Mailtips

When there are two or more distributions lists with mail tips then they are not visible unless you expand the tips window. Users dont see the warning and dont expand the window to see what the additional information says.

Is there anyway of expanding the window automatically?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow wild cards in group allow list

Allow wild cards in group allow list, so that I can add a whole domain, or just allow all mail into a group.

I would like a group I have to be the way the group interface with the world, not just with each other. So when we e-mail people they know its from all of us, not just me. Likewise, when they respond it goes to us all, not just me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. GIF animal abuse

I wrote you about this GIF https://media.giphy.com/media/48MM7VisgkKmk/giphy.gif.
    I think its animal abuse. Please remove it before

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. MODIFICATION OF AVERTISEMENT PANEL

THE ADVERTISEMENT PANEL IS GIVING DIFF
    ICULTY FOR VIEWING MAILS. CAN YOU MAKE THE ADVERTISEMENTS IN THE BOTTOM BOTTOM

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would like to disable the new edge browser preview from links from my email

I would like to disable the new edge browser preview from links in my emails.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Spell check and sentence suggestions BAD

Fix spell correction - right click does not bring up word suggestions 90% of the time now.
    Stop suggesting sentences for me.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Terminology confusing on Move to and Copy to <folder name>

"Move to" then changes to "copy to" and it is confusing as to the operation being performed. When you choose to "Move to" for an email, the pull down box then changes to "Copy to" <folder name> and it is confusing terminology. Is the email being moved to the new folder completely? Or is a copy being moved and the original left to clutter up the inbox as well? Since I don't see the email still in the inbox, it does appear to be acting as a Move but it is confusing terminology since Move means "move to new location…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. hoping to have the Received email editing feature back

Wanna have the editing feature back for the received email. Its very inconvenient to change something in the detail by so.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show the follow-up reminder to recipients even if they deleted the flagged e-mail

A sender can send a flagged email to recipients, but if the recipients delete the flagged e-mail, the follow-up reminder won’t be popped up to the recipients.
    So, I would like to show the follow-up reminder to recipients even if they deleted the flagged e-mail.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Need Ability to Customize

Please create a separate version of Outlook for phones versus laptops/pads. It is obvious that many of the problems are caused by trying to create a single product which works on multiple size platforms -- and the user experience and needs on each are completely different. This includes the use of real estate, whether input is primarily touch or keyboard, etc. Either that, or make the user experience completely customizable so we can remove superfluous things that take up real estate unnecessarily or we can move items that are in the wrong location or we can modify the look and…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Where did Waldo hide the slider bar?

Are you going to invent a new high sensitivity mouse and some kind of magnification headset to detect those non-existent slide bars? My 20/10 vision and the gaming mouse I have isn't sensitive enough to find the tiny spot on my keyboard where it evidently exists now.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Warning Of New Version so We Don't Think We've Been Hacked

Please, please, please how about a warning before you jack the product so dramatically? At least put a notice on the login screen that it's a new release we won't recognize so we don't run a bunch of cybersecurity diagnostics, thinking that we'd been hacked or have accidentally turned on a feature like "accessibility" because the new display is so jacked up that we don't recognize it. I wasted a ton of time running diagnostics and then looking for how to turn off the new display.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base