OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Folder management limit

Good evening,
      I archived the emails sent by me in a folder. When I select it, I no longer see the recipient of the emails, but only the sender (the undersigned).
    To be able to view the sender it is necessary to open each single email.
    This is a big limitation.
    Regards,
    Francesco

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Outlook Startup Folder

Question: How can I set the startup folder, i.e., Inbox or Sent Items, when starting Web-based Outlook (or Hotmail)? I want to set Inbox as the default startup folder when I open Web-based Outlook.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. mark read "ctrl"

The current keyboard shortcut for "Mark e-mail read" is CTRL+U, and the shortcut for "Mark e-mail unread" is CTRL+Q. It would make more sense if CTRL+U was used for unread

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Email field to "flag" a message should not be able to be sent with from host.

Email field to flag a message should not be able to be sent with from host. This should only be a user triggered field. This would prevent spam from going to the top of people focused mailbox

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. how about being able to 'flag' or 'highlight' a folder?

Flag or highlight a folder to remind you of its importance or follow up. For example, I have a folder with a subfolder list of prospective customers and I'd like to highlight/flag the new ones I add to that list until I have completed my vetting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. put BCC default over CC to help avoid GDPR issues

put BCC default over CC to help avoid GDPR issues

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Email Headers not Parse-able from View Message Source

The "View Message Source" function in the Outlook.com browser web app modifies the original Email Headers of a message and makes them impossible for header parsing tools to read the headers of the message correctly. This current view folds all of the white space and makes other formatting changes to render the full header un-parse-able by tools like https://mxtoolbox.com/emailheaders.aspx.

Please modify the "View Message Source" to display the un-modified version of the full email headers so that it can be easily copied and pasted into an RFC parser and be readable by the parser.

p.s. If you double click…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. ****** connection with often password resets

Stop getting our account disconnected with **** security rules. Need to change my password every now and then, don't receive my mails as should be. I stopped using my Xbox because of that, am starting to hate Microsoft products just because of that. Stop with the security **** all the time ! Google don't have those nonsense problems.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. the outlook layout sucks

There is literally no room to view a full message - can't read it. There is no room to easily read a message while composing. It is a pain in the ars.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. drop the SPA. It is terrible. At LEAST offer an optional static-html option. Your application is BROKEN and annoying.

Drop the "Single Page App" javascript turdball or at least add an optional static-html option for mail. The current version of outlook.com (an SPA, in industry parlance) is BROKEN and keeps reloading itself making EMAIL impossible!
    Your recommended "fix" of deleting ALL cookies does NOT WORK and is condescendending to constantly get told about, when it doesn't work

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. ASK user if they want to move ALL emails in an EMAIL THREAD/CONVERSATION to a folder

ASK user if they want to move ALL emails in an EMAIL THREAD/CONVERSATION to a folder

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. dark theme

Using Dark Theme, I can see no visual indication of folders that can and can't be renamed using the right-click context menu. Even when the menu is open, the options to rename or delete seem available but simply do nothing.

Be good if the menu items were 'greyed out' when unavailable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Outlook groups

Let Outlook Groups to send emails on behalf of groups email address which looks like: ###@groups.outlook.com
    It is possible for business subscriptions but does not work for O365 Personal which makes groups half useless.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please scroll to top if we have reading view on and change to a different email.

Please scroll to top if we have reading view on and change to a different email. With that tiny scroll bar, we have to click inside the message and click home, each time we change the message to a different one. It is so much annoying.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. “(i) You replied on …”

The system already adds “(i) You replied on Fri 2019-10-18 7:45 PM” as a header to messages replied to; and that is a wonderful addition.

I would find it helpful to have that “You replied on…” system message hyperlinked to the indicated reply message in whatever folder it's in.

This would prove helpful when one accidentally misfiles a reply message, or when moving original and reply messages from the “Inbox” and “Sent” folders to the same, or different, folders (Allowing: Move original message from Inbox, Click "You replied on…", Drag message from “Sent” folder to same destination folder).

Ideally, the…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add "find related" when right clicking on an email on Outlook webmail

Just like in the main software, I would like to have the "find related" option when right clicking on an email on Outlook webmail

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Where is all the SPAM?

Just wanted to Thank You for all the spam that gets grabbed by your filters. I am
    very impressed with how many spam emails my Inbox never sees. THANK YOU!!!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Organize email with Tag Views instead of Folders

Instead of folders, I would like to have a system of organizing email by Tags. With customize-able rules for tagging incoming emails (e.g. tag domain-x with "bank", "savings", tag domain-y with "games", "xbox", tag keywords "support", "help", etc). Then allow setting up Views based on tag rules (Included emails with tags ..., exclude emails with tags ...).

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The DATE filter to search emails is not user friendly

When using the DATE filter to search emails, the only way to select a date is by scrolling through the calendar. When one needs an email from many years back, it takes ages before you finally arrive scrolling through the calendar month by month. Please make it possible to immediately enter the year by hand!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please set Sender name header apart somehow

When I sort emails by sender, am driven crazy by the fact the sender's name is not differentiated from their list of emails that follow.... Please could you set "Sender" name header apart from the mails they have sent, either with underline, or color, or bold or text size -- anything! Thank you.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base