OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. News Follow Not Working!

News Cant add personalized search to follow. Only pre-selected searches can be picked.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. login hacks from foreign countries

Login hack attempts are common from many foreign countries. (My email address was found on the dark web.) I suggest automatically rejecting login attempts from foreign countries. and allow a user option or temporary password for account use when traveling. Microsoft tracks unsuccessful login attempts by country as listed in activity log. Email notification should follow and when confirmed as unauthorized, tracking should follow to close down the hackers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. delete maps on phone or chromebook

It is not possible to delete maps from outlook on a phone or chromebook. Just on a laptop or desktop. That's pity because I"m only using phones or chromebooks.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Better Phishing Blocking

Phishing constantly gets through into my inbox. Gmail is free and does it 10x better.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Archive Folder Unread Message Alert

Archive Folder Unread Message Alert

I wish it were possible to have the number of unread messages be seen when I collapse the subfolder in the overall archive folder. For example, I have 10 subfolders in my Accounting folder (an archived folder). Two of the folders have unread messages. When I collapse it to just view the main Accounting folder, it does not have a total of unread messages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. remove all unread menu

The menu with ALL, UNREAD, DATE (with arrow) takes up precious space. It's bad enough that the reading pane menu is full of clutter. Please remove the DATE with arrow and move the ALL/UNREAD somewhere else or at least in line with the search field. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mail and Project Moca

When an email is inserted or listed in Project Moca, it could be flagged in Outlook.com and Outlook App Mobile in some way.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. marking as junk gives nothing

junk emails
    even i marked emails as junk i keep receiving them on and on.... then what is the function of marking them as junk ??? no good !
    i guess, Hotmail or Microsoft are working with spammers and phishing email senders. that's why Hotmail or Microsoft does not care...

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Remove messages of the whole Conversation

The Delete option should be improved when using the conversation view.

Logically, when I chose the conversation and click Delete, I'd like to remove all the messages at once.

Now it only removes messages from the currently opened folder (e.g. Inbox) but the messages in other folders (e.g. Sent) are kept untouched.

This way the whole conversation workflow looks incomplete and it should be definitely improved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remove news folder

Please add the option to remove the news folder from the left sidebar completely.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Getting Failed Delivery Error from Email Sent from Outlook.com but not Gmail

Outlook.com is not sending an email due to DNS error. It keeps bouncing back, but when I send it from my Gmail account, it works perfectly.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Include "save as" comand to outlook.com as standard for windows 7

Include "save as" command to outlook.com for windows 7 so that some specific official emails can be saved to a hard drive or to a storage device.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. SAFE SENDERS LIST

Users need to be able to right click on an email in the Inbox and Junk folders and add to Safe Senders list either from my IPhone or online. Too hard to have to type in an address in the Add to Safe Senders list and then click on Save and then lose the Save option to add the next address. BIG PAIN IN THE NECK RIGHT NOW!!!!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I want to be able to check my Outbox at all times

It's incredibly frustrating to only be able to check the Outbox when something is sending. Please reinstate the Outbox as a permanent sidebar function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Too much simplification, not enough customization

Why is outlook so terrible now? It was nearly impossible to set up my email properly in the Outlook 365 app and is actually impossible using outlook.com. I have a gmail account set up by my company, but we send outgoing emails through a different SMTP server and using our domain email address. This is properly set up in gmail and was easy in older versions of Outlook. I was able to do it in Outlook 365 with much effort to circumvent your automatic setup. However, I had hoped that connecting my gmail with outlook would automatically use the same…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. be able to set up automatic delete of emails in certain folders based on time periods

Hotmail, years back used to have a setting to schedule, to periodically empty certain folders automatically based on certain time period like every 6 months. this prevents your storage capacity to exceed your limit, have cleaner folders and browse your emails faster. this feature has been eliminated in recent versions of outlook.com. please restore. thank you

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Use Tighter Spacing

Require 'Use Tighter Spacing' button similar to the outlook app. The compact display is not compact enough, there is a lot of blank space between email lines, even with message previews etc set to off.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Outlook.com email now unusable on Android tablet

New layout of mail on outlook.com in now completely unworkable on my Android tablet. There is only a 1/16th inch space to type. It is impossible to see what you are doing. I cannot send a new email, reply to an email or even forward an email. The keyboard now takes up all the space except the the 1/16th inch space mentioned above. It worked fine until you make the mobile experience look the way it does on a desktop. I don't know why you would do this. Very frustrating.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. shared mailbox email mark as junk

Disable standard users from marking email in Shared Mailbox as junk email.

The admin must have the right to allow this option for all users or only admin in the Exchange Admin Center.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Retention Policy for MS 365 Apps for Business

MS365 Apps for Business DOES NOT include an Exchange service so there is no ability to modify retention policies for emails, etc.

However, if you add any @outlook.com email to your Outlook, retention polices are enforced ON JUST THESE EMAIL accounts (eg Junk = 10 days) and they can not be changed. They can not even be changed via outlook.com

Please consider the needs of people using MS365 Apps for Business and empower them to have control over the retention policies enforced by MS365 Apps for Business or better yet, remove all retention policies for this business tier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base