OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Email message create rule pop up, support the To address of the actual email

Add option to create a rule based on To address of the email I right clicked on (currently this only works from From, there's no reason not to populate based on the To as well)

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Junk Mail Preview Pane Can't Be Disabled

Junk Mail Preview Pane Can't Be Disabled so when you want to click on the email and block it - you can't prevent it from being viewed
    absolutely ridiculous!!!

there response...

"Since, the feature that you are looking for is only available with the option getting applied for the entire mailbox and not only for Junk folder. Meanwhile, I will share your feedback with our superiors and I encourage you to post this feedback on our User Voice page: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/601444 so others can vote on your idea and add some extra voices to the request.

Hope you understand the situation…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Need more options in replying

I need more replying options. The options don't sound like me. Outlook, you need some updating!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add the social and news filter to the filter again

Add the social and news filter to the filter again.
    I reported my request years ago, you couldn't do a job!
    Bring back the old filter options.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Translate large files as Onedrive links

When a message containing a file is sent. I’d like Outlook to queue the file upload to my Onedrive account and send the recipient a token link verifying them for a time period to download that file.

This would allow me to send big files, regardless of type. I’m aware that I can already manually share resources and link to them. I’d like an improvement to the user experience workflow.
    Handing off the details of how the file should be hosted to an Outlook setting for online file hosting preference.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Inbox Returns

Emails previously moved to specific folders keep returning to the inbox. What is going on? It is November & there are emails from July now in the Inbox.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Forwarding email exclusion list

Email Forwarding needs a exclusion list based on contacts. I only need a few contacts's emails to be excluded from the auto forwarding. Instead of creating rules for each contact let the email forwarding work like currently in the web, but there's an additional list for adding contacts. Contacts on this list will not have their emails be auto forwarded.
    Example, I have forwarding enabled to forward emails to my coworker. I have contacts that may send sensitive emails I do not want to be forwarded to my coworker. I don't want to turn off email forwarding and have to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Unblockable Spam emails.

Spam emails being spoofed as not having proper email syntax (i.e., not *.com or *.net), thus making them impossible to block.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want to send or forward an email from outlook to a mobile phone.

This would include attachments to the email if possible. The email would be converted to a text message and sent to the mobile phone or other device that gets text messages. Texting messages from mobile devices to Outlook would also be useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Online outlook unsafe and usable with uneditable connected accounts email sync

Please allow modification of outlook online to leave a copy on the server, when managing email synchronisation with connected accounts. Currently greyed out if unchecked... This lack of control makes online outlook unsafe and unusable with multiple connected email accounts !

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please un-block mail.selfnet.com server

Legitimate emails being blocked from mail.selfnet.com server (209.190.111.7). The server is NOT blacklisted by spamhaus or anywhere else.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Unwanted feature, no choice?

Hi, I am being forced to use 2 step verification? Is there another service that I can use while applying for jobs that does not force me to use this?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. window too small bc "ad blocker" message

email window too small due to MS "ad blocker" message eating up about 3 lines of message space so that i can only see 5 messages, I'M NOT USING AN AD BLOCKER! And changing display size will make all other things on computer too small to see. I have to buy the whole Office 365 suite to stop this? Gmail here i come before too long.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Process customers hotmail rules before built-in junk mail filters

This has been suggested, but has not been implemented. It's fine that you want to minimize junk by filtering it out to the junk folder, but this also prevents user rules from being effective. I want to DELETE any/all emails with keywords KETO or CBD. When you move them to the JUNK folder, it precludes my ability to delete. Don't override user's rules just because you process them first. Process user's rules, and if they aren't processed, THEN you can apply your built-in filters. PLEASE ACT ON THIS QUICKLY. It has been suggested long ago and is about time to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Rules

There has got to be an easier way to maneuver 'rules'...I believe before the transition to the outlook format, you could sort/search rules, which is way easier. You should also be able in the options of an e-mail to see if there's a rule associated with it. I've been trying to resolve a rule from my volleyball league - because there are various 'no reply' addresses, I have to click on the edit function. Unfortunately, there's no 'cancel' option, only a save or discard. When I click on discard, it takes be back to the top of the darn list,…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Double click to expand or colapse a folder

Double click to expand or colapse folders. It's too much easy click at the folder's name than the arrow at side.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Stop leaking Primary address when sending from Alias

Remove Primary email address from the email headers when sending from a verified Alias. This leak of information removes most of the reason for having an Alias in the first place.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)