OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Implement easy creation of rule to be applied to emails from a certain domain

When creating a mail rule from an email message, the default rule is set to the sender email matching the one in the selected message.

It would be nice to have an option to either match the whole address or just the domain, maybe via a "domain/full match" radio selection in the dialog shown when "create rule" is selected.

Achieving this currently requires a pretty involved process of going into "more options", changing the condition to "Sender includes", and manually entering the domain.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Primary Alias limitation issue.. I feel like the whole experience using outlook as opposed to gmail is very lousy.

I am surprised Microsoft puts out such a poorly designed application. Very unfriendly navigation and instruction. And on top of that has silly rules such as waiting a whole week to change your primary alias, just after two tries. in my case the system changed it back to outlook and then tells me to wait a week. I am moving along back to gmail. This has been a waste of time. I am not sure how they expect people to use outlook for business when they are implementing draconian rules. I can see five tries, even then the system should…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unable to discard drafts!!! Is not intuitive

Is not intuitive at all.

Unable absolutely to discard the drafts, no option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. can't display message in inbox....

Why do changes keep coming up on something that worked perfectly fine before? I cannot view messages in my inbox...its really annoying especially when the message I'm looking for is time sensitive. Of course, y'all had to change stuff NOW. No reason to do so either.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. don't save sent mail

I need a way to NOT save mail when I send it. I have several cameras that send pictures to me and a copy goes into my saved messages folder. I really don't need 2 copies of the picture.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable URL to open specific message and/or conversation

I would like to be able to paste a specific URL into my browser address bar and have Outlook.com open a specific e-mail as identified by that URL. It appears that currently Outlook.com simply opens in the inbox view, rather than opening the specific message identified in the URL.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Online bill Banner

When I open my credit card payment email there is a banner at the top almost as large as the email telling me what my balance is. I don't need a notice on top of my notice taking up twice the space. Please provide a way to disable this.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I accidentally hit MARK ALL AS READ & UNDO option was not available. I would like to make a request that a ques comes up, ARE YOU SURE..?

I feel this needs to be repeated. On more than one occasion, I've accidentally hit MARK ALL AS READ in my FOCUSED INBOX. The UNDO option was not available. Either it should be, or a prompt should come up before all the messages get marked as read that says, "Are you sure you want to.....?"

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Expected But MIssing Parts of Outlook

I thought this was going to basically mimic Outlook (i.e. if one wished to grab more than one email to forward it to another, it would have the "Forward" option. It does not so I could not.) Additionally, as I was scrolling, it kept jumping making it difficult to read and repetitive in scrolling. Good Idea but there are a lot of bugs and additional/expected Outlook features which appear to require attention.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hotmail Inbox is not in sync.

My laptop has an email icon which I believe exists due to Windows 10. It appears to be auto-tied to my HOTMAIL email account, however it is not updating the INBOX. I have to go to Outlook.live and sign in, to see my current HOTMAIL INBOX. I do not understand why the Windows Mail box is not updating the INBOX.

The Outlook BETA layout has rubbish clutter. I see four columns, two of which, the email preview and the ad, are redundant or extraneous. The old format has three columns, of which the ad is extraneous.

The customer should be…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Mac OSX - "Move to" Button doesn't work

Mac OSX - "Move to" Button doesn't work

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. smtputf8

Outlook.com annouces SMTPUTF8 support over the SMTP-protocol.

Sending SMTPUTF8 messages to Outlook.com web app works fine.

Sending SMTPUTF8 message from the Oiutlook.com web app does not work.

Both receiving and sending SMTPUTF8 messages works fine from the Outlook.com Android app.

For testing I have used an email account on another system with an address including UTF-8 characters not overlapping ASCII.

I assume this is a bug in the new Outlook.com UI since you do announce support for SMTPUTF8 over the SMTP protocol.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Cannot delete DELETED pictures

I deleted pictures long ago (and for good reason,) yet now they appear in the Attachments tab under pictures.

1. Do not list attachments there from deleted email (Duh.)

2. Allow deleting of these attachments/pictures.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. SHIFT down arrow broken.

This is not an "Idea", it's a BUG.

SHIFT down arrow used to auto scroll so that you could select/delete many emails. This new outlook no longer auto scrolls meaning you need to use some other non-intuitive scheme for selecting and delete.

Put it back the way it used to be.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Select all

Instead of having it one way or the other bring back the old way and merge it with the new way!

Something like holding down the select all button to display a new hidden option where you can choose between selecting all or selecting all that can be seen by the screen.

That way if you have some many hundreds or even thousands of emails you keep in your inbox and do not want deleted you dont need to go through the emails you do want deleted one-by-one!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. ad size

The Ad messages are too close to the legitimate emails, they should be slightly apart from the rest

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like to be able to see more messages at a glance in my inbox

Each upgrade of Outlook seems to have the side effect (I assume it's a side effect and not intentional because that would appear to be stupid) of reducing the number of emails I can see at a glance in my inbox. This greatly reduces its functionality for me. Why have so much unused space?
    Like many people on this site, I also object to being forced to accept this change (and all the regular changes, it seems, for change's sake) without being asked or given an alternative.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. "only suggest people in my contact list"

Bring back the "only suggest people in my contact list" option

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Unable to edit email when i hit reply

I am trying to reply to an email and fill out a form/table within the original email, unable to do this.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)