OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ad Banner

The "It looks like you are using ad blocker" message to the side is going to make me look for a different email service, not be blackmailed into paying to keep my inbox free of things I do not want to see in it.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Title: Navigating Through Mail

Please provide a feature that allows one to skip the pinned-items section and go directly to the unpinned section. Scrolling there is cumbersome.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Move message to folder as rule in firefox focus fumbling..

Move message to folder as rule in firefox focus fumbling..

As soon as I hit 'select folder' the option crashes!
    Other rule stuff I have not tested aside from a working 'set as read'.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Date of receiving email

I want the date that shows in the inbox to be the date and time I received the email, not the time I responded to the email

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Focus the cursor where I am instead of jumping to Message 1 after each deletion

When I'm in my message list, say on message 43, and I delete it, the focus moves to message 1. So every time I delete a message I have to scroll down past all the messages I don't want to read to get the ones I do. Please focus the cursor on the next message where I already am. I DO really like the look much better than before. Very appealing, although the north-south line spacing is much taller than needed, in both the folder list and message list. It would be nice to fit more items on the page.…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I use outlook live because i dont want to use gmail, so you go and try to steal gmail's look. annoying

I use outlook live because i dont want to use gmail, so you go and try to steal gmail's look. annoying

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Can't see if email has an attachment

Can't see whether the email has attachments or not unless I open it in a separate window. I don't consider this as an improvement.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Love the new Beta format; some suggestions for you

Thank you! I LOVE the new Outlook.com layout and features which surprises me as I normally detest changes, but after making a few tweaks, like removing the sender's colored circle on the left, I got it looking somewhat like the old format but with much better functionality on my Mac. I was frantic over the missing Undo button in the Inbox for when I delete an email by mistake, but then I realized that Command Z does exactly what the Undo button did! It brings back the deleted email! Yay! It might be good to include a reference to that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Only prints the first page of an email.

Only prints the first page of an email.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Want all folders available automatically (alphabetical) when moving email

Can you please have all the folders available in the initial choice when we want to move an email to a particular folder? Just have it alphabetical

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. squares to select emails for deletion or moving

We should have squares to select emails for deletion or moving (like before). There are two reasons for this: 1) the convention is that circles are for radio buttons, while squares are for checkboxes. So the new layout is confusing. 2) The circles are HARDER TO CLICK because they have a smaller area than a square with the same width as the circle's diameter.

So please change it back to CHECKBOXES to select things for deletion or moving, as before.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. removing the search function was a poor idea!

It used to be easy to search for a name in a file of messages, but now there seems to be no way to do that.
    Worse, the help function doesn't work at all: you put in your question and click the button, but nothing happens. It would really be good it Microsoft ever bothered to test their changes (which are certainly not improvements!)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. email forwarding is broken. again.

No matter what I do, this email address will no longer forward to another email address. VERY frustrating, and may lead to me no longer using it if this cannot be resolved.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. DELETE CONFUSING

if you delete one message, the trashcan icon is in the second place,but when selecting more than one, the trashcan chages its position to the 1st. This is confusing and u can click by mistake the 2nd icon which can change into "file" instead of "delete".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add an alias even if it is a reserved domain

You should be able to add an Alias even if it a "reserved domain". Many of my email addresses are reserved domians so I cannot centrally send from those addresses using Outlook.com. This is why I cannot make the switch from Gmail, they allow me to send from any alias addresses as long as I can prove ownership of that address.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sent Email Didn't Send Body

Hi,
    Two different recipients told me the email I sent them didn't have a body. I will point out the emails to you if you would like. I sent the emails on my Windows 10 laptop using Chrome browser.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When I block email from the junk file I can now only verify 2 addresses at a time. Please change it so I can verify many at one time.

Please change it back to where I can verify many email addresses at one time before blocking. Not just 2.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. delete emails based on highlight

In the previous version I could choose one file to delete. Delete that file. Then it would highlight the next email. From there on i could just hit the delete button and run though 10 emails or so without having to do anything other than hit the delete button.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Password change linked with Skype

Why do I need to change my hotmail password every time I use Skype? It is extremely frustrating because the process of password changing is too long.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Saving/Closing a Draft version of an Email

Problem: No X for closing an existing email draft. I regularly create draft emails in order to send the same thing to multiple recipients. I don't want to lose them as it takes a long time to create them. It's easier for me to copy & past the names of recipients to sent them out.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base