OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Folders, when collapsed can hide important emails in child folders

If you have a folder with several child folders where email gets auto-sorted into the child folder, it's extremely easy to miss this new/important emails if the parent folder in the left panel gets collapsed (which happens automatically if you enter outlook's web app through the app launcher) because the parent folder has ZERO indication that any of the folders nested within it have received any emails, while the hidden child folder entries do.

I've missed several important time-sensitive emails as a result of parent folders getting collapsed without being noticed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show/Hide Email Addresses

Make on option to show/hide the sender's full email address below their name without having to open the message.

Add a toggle switch that will show/hide the full email addresses. Having to mouse-over a contact and wait a second or two to view the alt text is no good.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Include an option for borders in outgoing emails

It would be nice to have an option of making an outgoing email look like it was typed on decorative stationery. Possibly just include an option for a border around the content of the email.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. default is to print emails in color

The default print option is to print in color and CANNOT be changed! That is ridiculous! Can I send microsoft my bill for the extra color copies I keep printing out?!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. GET RID OF FOUCUSED INBOX

The Focused Inbox is Probably the worst so called "Improvement" to Outlook. So many things to fix, why waste time on features no one wants. Please don't say you can switch it off.. as it continually comes back to life after updates, and before I notice I've missed important E-mail because the Focus algorithm thinks it's not important. At least leave it off by default, every time I re-install or work on anther PC, I have switch it off on every version of outlook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. picture thumbnails

When dropping or pasting a picture from a mail message to a new mail message the thumbnail preview is gone while editing the new message, please add this feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add SharePoint sites to attachment list on outlook.com

When you use the desktop version of outlook, you can add files that have been saved on a SharePoint site (by browsing or most recent files). On outlook web version this is very limited and there is not the option to either add SharePoint sites or browse to a SharePoint site in your tenancy for attachments. It would be good to add this function

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Delete all but last message from sender

Subject: Managing Messages

I enjoy getting updates via email messages, but some companies dump updates on you a few times a week!! All I want to see is the last update.
    It would greatly help if there was a rule or such that would delete all messages from a defined sender, except the last message sent. That would save so much maintenance!
    Another instance would be when ordering food from an online supermarket: each time I add things to the grocery list, I get sent a message. I only need to see the last one.
    To match other needs, perhaps…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hate where snoozed is located

Why did you put the snoozed option where you did? Could you put it somewhere else? I've been using hotmail for over 20 years and now I have to get used to snooze being where mark unread is and it's driving me nuts especially if I'm not fast enough to get past the snooze it automatically brings up the whole snooze ****!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Instant search bar

please return to me the previous instant search bar/box in outlook 365

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Can't delete an email folder

Can't delete an email folder. The filter don't give you that option even when the folder is empty!

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. STOP email address recycling

Someone can access all old user's information if account was deleted by inactive account manager

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. whatsapp for Outlook

Configure Outlook email with Whats app group, Example: if i am getting any specific email on outlook email id and want to share the same email on Whats App group automatically develop and option to be able to do that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Block Sender

You marked "completed" the "Block Sender" item that had over 1100 votes and many more comments. The solution you gave does not work when the email is already in the "Junk" email folder. Right clicking on items in the "Junk" folder opens the email. It does bring up the "Block" function, but still opens the email. Again, your solution addresses emails that are not already in the "Junk" folder. Please reopen this issue and give us a way to block emails without having to open them if they are already in the Junk folder based on your spam criteria. This…

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  13 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. mute forwarding nofication for a set time

Everytime I log into my office 365 account to use my mailbox, I get an annoying notification that reminds me, that i am forwarding my emails to another adress. I know, I do this on purpose. I forward them to an account that I check more frequently (and keep a copy), so that I don't miss an important mail. Why is it not possible to tell the notification to "don't show again" or at least "mute for 3 months"?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. One or more free e-mail domains

Outlook is the best mail service in my opinion. But only two e-mail domains "outlook" and "hotmail." It would be good to add one or more free domains. It would make possible for more people to choose their real names as an e-mail usernames. And more people would migrate from other services to Outlook when they are searching for professional free e-mail username

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please move "Delete" & "Empty" buttons...

Please move the "Empty Folder" & "Delete" icons further away from other buttons. It's too easy to tap that where it is.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Files TAB in Outlook Web Mail

Hello,
    The files tab at left bottom of the screen on Outlook Web, near mail,calendar,people is keeping a history of attachments from emails received or sent,even if you deleted all traces of those emails.
    On the same tab,it tracks a history of people you had contact with,and when you click them,shows a history of attachments received or sent,even if those emails were deleted from everywhere.
    After speaking with support,it seems they are stored somewhere in some cloud.
    I find this a huge privacy problem,for Outlook to keep traces of deleted emails attachments and persons you had contact with stored and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Generating special passwords from user account in order to add email to Outlook

Adding emails like yahoo and Aol cannot be done using the 'add an account' on Outlook without going to the yahoo or aol user account and generating a password from the account. The user account sign in password will not work with 'add an account' like it will with gmail. . Could not find that information anywhere on Outlook or any site I reviewed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base