OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mail alias with own domain in Outlook.com Premium

Please think about alias (e.g. up to 5 aliasses) for connected Godaddy-domain in outlook.com premium accounts, e.g. main mail adress main@domain.tld and alias like alias@domain.tld.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mail merge using Outlook in Microsoft 365

I frequently need to mail merge emails and do so easily from the office using Word and Outlook. Currently working from home, I'm unable to do it using the web mail version of my account. Instead I BCC, which results in messages being bounced, blocked and junked.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Edit/Disable cache of email addresses entered

If I make a mistake when typing in an email address, Outlook caches it somewhere and then I'm unable to edit my mistake. Forever, it keeps suggesting (and trying to autocomplete) using my mistakenly typed address.

How about just using MY ENTRIES in PEOPLE, and stop presuming you know what I want or need?

I want to be able to edit/delete what's in that cache of addresses, or at least toggle whether or not Outlook uses that.

Lack of ability to control this behavior will indeed drive me to a competing product for email.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Folders ... Folders ... Folders !

More the time goes, more you add folders without giving the user the ability to inhibit/control them. How about in the Advanced settings, a section specially for the Folder Settings ? ... would be definitely great. Thank you for your understanding.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Compose Email in Markdown

Composing an email in Markdown could be convenient, especially when copying content from chat apps supporting Markdown like Teams, Slack etc. or when copying from GitHub repositories or many of the tools that support markdown.

Even composing in Markdown from scratch might be more natural for some then having to use the Outlook UI buttons or shortcuts to format in HTML.

The markdown would be converted to HTML on send, perhaps with a preview step and perhaps with a preview type command in Outlook that could be invoked at any point.

On the Options tab of the compose email ribbon…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Mobile Hotmail slow and glitchy

Mobile version of Hotmail is very slow to load and is very glitchy - keeps freezing - when using on both Chrome and Safari. Not interested in using app as a work around.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Where's The X

Re-install the stay-on-the-same-menu-page "X" in the tool bar!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. [Suggestion]:help needed

Emails are missing from inbox even though not deleted

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [Dislike]:NO RETURN BUTTON

WHY THE **** DID YOU IDIOTS DISABLE THE RETURN BUTTON ? IF I READ A MESSAGE AND SIMPLY WANT TO GO BACK, THE ONLY WAY IS TO HIT INBOX WHICH TAKES ME TO THE TOP OF MESSAGES, NOT TO THE PLACE I WAS ON THE LIST !!!!! IDIOTIC - FIX THIS !!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Offer means to direct new/unknown senders' mail to Other rather than Focused

Make option to direct never-before-seen senders' email to Other (presently Focused is the default landing spot). User Story: I want Focused to show me only mail I've previously indicated is important (via say, drag from Other->Focused). Right now, novel mail, much of it junk, arrives in Focused and I must drag most of it to Other to teach the system. A better presumption is novel mail should start in Other because if I'm seeing novel mail in Focused, it's distracting, not Focused.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Block Domain Button

Block Domain Button needs to be added.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Adding reactions in Outlook

It would be nice if we could react to emails and replies in Outlook. It would be nice if there were reactions like: :lol:, :cry:, :smile: and :angry:. Then more people would switch to it. Please tell me your thoughts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I like having my oldest emails first. The new Outlook always shows newest first. I can change it to oldest, but it always reverts back. Help

I like having my oldest emails first. The new Outlook always shows newest first. I can change it to oldest, but it always reverts back. Please allow for my option. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Cannot see which of my email addresses someone emailed me to

There is currently no way to determine if someone contacted me via my main email address or an alias. When I click on the To section, OL just pulls up my main Contact information; there is no way to see which one someone actually sent to. I'm not sure why this isn't set up. Even the free version of Outlook (aka hotmail) has this set up correctly: I click on the To and it shows may main email address or the alias. Why does Microsoft give this feature to free users but not paid users?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. [Suggestion]:Efficiency -- Combo Button for Block/Phishing Report

Need a combination BLOCK and PHISHING REPORT button. Because so much bloody SPAM gets through, we currently have to click to report the item as Phishing to hopefully downgrade the reputation and then we have to click a second time on Block to keep it out of our personal mailboxes on repetition. This should be a combo function -- obviously if something is a phishing scam about my PayPal or Netflix or eBay account being locked, it's sender should also automatically be blocked.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [Dislike]:Junk emails

Outlook is automatically categorizing emails as Junk and putting it in the Junk folder. And then they provide a safe senders list to remove from Junk.

I don't want Outlook to automatically decide on it's own will whether to put an email in Junk folder or Inbox folder. If I feel it's junk, I will add it in a Junk emails list. Or create a rule to move the email to Junk.

What gives Outlook the right to decide on it's own will whether something is junk? At least there should be an option to turn off this feature. I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Block Junkmail by subject and/or keywords

I think you should allow blocking junk mail by subject/and or keywords as well as sender

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Stop new window from opening up when composing mail

Kindly do the needful to stop opening a new window for composing new mails, its hard to use and collect data from from another mail.(If you have any solution for this kindly let me know.

Thankyou.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Suggest a Folder when Moving e-mails based on Prior History

It would be good to have suggestions of folders when moving items to speed up the process.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base