OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. This should not be a field to fill in or it won't Submit-- but unless to enter something here -not obvious u should- it won't Submit!!!

The Print/Cancel screen SHOULD disappear after you print but it doesn't- it keeps reappearing when you try to see other emails! You have to hit Cancel after you print or it won't go away. The Cancel button should be only to cancel printing, I would think...

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Move the send button a bit to the right (vs. right under the reply button)

Move the send button over a bit to the right (to reduce accidental sends). I may have an itchy trigger finger but with the new layout, I find that once I hit reply, I'm often accidentally sending blank emails to people because the Send button is right on top of where the Reply button was. If you move it right just a bit, I won't have this continue to happen. I welcome other solutions but this seems like a decent starting place. Thanks!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. DEAF

NOT ALL OF US CAN HEAR ON A PHONE COME ON LET ME DO MY OWN CHANGE

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Muddled

why are message sent and replies linked together?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Forward Entire Email Folder to another Email Address

There should be an option to click a folder or at least when you open an email folder and check all the emails to forward them all to another email address.

Recently I created a semi-viral website and used the wrong email address and now there is no easy way to just forward that email folder to the correct email address. To go thru them one by one would take me years, Please consider adding this option. Thanx in advance

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Opening emails

Please just open the email, don't go on an endless loop looking for Office.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mailboxes

Attention needs to be given to moving mail to other mailboxes. I click on "move to" numerous times and it won't open.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Error - No effect on changing Reading pane view setting (after save)

I chose reading pane on the right in the mail settings. When I save and go to the mail back, it looks nothing changed, I return back to the settings saved properly but no change on screen!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Only for making Hotmail better

When I mark an email as Phishing, I don't consider finding it in Trash folder as a good choice.
    Also, the Trash folder needs an Empty Trash button, that deletes all, without any confirmation. For security reasons, you still offer the Recover Deleted Emails option.
    Above all, after so many years of using Hotmail, I still consider it the best email client. It suits all my comunication needs.
    Best regards

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. READ FLAGGED MESSAGES LATER!

When you flag a message, stop the screen from going straight to flagged messages. You flag it to read it later! It's really annoying having to scroll back down and find where you were up to!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. User is authenticated but not connected. Problem

User is authenticated but not connected.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. UX issue with owahipcontrol.aspx 2FA redirect

The redirect for 2FA (/owa/owahipcontrol.aspx) doesn't give enough information about which account it is for and doesn't provide a logout option. Almost looks fake, honestly.
    Since it's hard to avoid live.com accounts, I have both personal and work accounts but I don't use outlook email of the wrong one. Secondarily, let your web apps, especially mail, be multi-account aware (like gmail is).

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Folder message list display

When messages are moved from "Sent" to a different folder, it would be helpful if the recipient rather than the sender was displayed in the folder directory.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Double clicking on the "Junk Email" folder should bring the menu buttons on top to the way they were before.

Double clicking on the "Junk Email" folder should bring the menu buttons on top to the way they were before. In the old version, if you were checking your "Junk Email" folder to see if there was something in there that is hot junk, would change the top menu "Empty folder" button to just the "Delete" button, which it should since you now have either a selected or open mail. And, if you "single clicked the "Junk Email" folder button it close an open mail and still keep it highlighted in the folder. But, again in the old version, if…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Outlook does not resize properly

Outlook does not resize properly - I move between a laptop docking station with two screens (plus the laptop screen) and just the laptop screen when at meetings. Outlook (O365 subscription) on Edge resizes properly to the reduced laptop screen size when in meetings, but when I redock the laptop and am back on the 22" monitors, the Outlook screen is still at the lower-resolution size and does not work correctly. I have to click on the Edge 'intermediate' screen size (Restore Down) and then back to Maximize in order for Outlook to correctly resize and the Outlook screen to…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Useless tags on emails

The tags on parts of an email are very distracting, and don't go away as you
    go to a different email. they are useless.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Items of the left sidebar keeps changing the order

Don't unpin items of the sidebar like Inbox, Archived, Drafts etc. They keep changing the order frequently and this affects the usability in a negative way. If the user mark any items with star, don't let automatically unmark it.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Organizing Folders

Why can't you make a subfolder a regular folder without making it a favorite? Your fix of making a new folder and transferring all the emails doesn't work, it there are too many emails it isn't allowed

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Deleting mail

Sometimes selecting mail to delete will allow me to simply delete. Other times, I get a popup. What is going on?

This is very inconsistent. That is, sometimes I do not get a popup and my delete happens as desired. Other times I do get a popup. I'm sure there is some pattern that I have not yet learned, but when I click "Delete" I don't need a popup asking me if I am sure!!!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. OUTLOOK ERROR DETECTED: ASCII SPECIAL CHARACTERS NOT SURVIVING PLAIN TEXT ENTRY/SENDING OF EMAIL

____________________________8:23pmEST_Sunday_23_December_2018______
    OUTLOOK ASCII PLAIN TEXT ERROR:
    During Plain Text typing in "New Message"/"Reply Message"/"Forward Message" ASCII special characters being unnecessarily translated prior to dispatch from OUTLOOK.
    ____________________________8:23pmEST_Sunday_23_December_2018______

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base