OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rename folders

I can't rename the folders like I could before. This is no good!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

2. Hard to find emails at a glance. Difficult to navigate. Stupid

Hard to find emails at a glance. Difficult to navigate. Stupid

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

3. I hate it.

I hate it. I hate having to look at 2 different inboxes. I hate that now I can't see the actual email that I'm trying to open because the screen is so crowded. Too cramped! Also, the way this feedback forum works is frustrating. Why make everything so overly complicated? It really reduces function.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

First off, I just would like to take a minute and thank you all for providing feedback about the new outlook.com experience.

There are a couple of items that I wanted to address. First, I know that there are some folks that do not like their mail separated into focused and other. This feature can easily be turned off by clicking the Gear in the top right hand corner.

Secondly, there are a variety of other features which can be turned off that will make the experience more like the classic outlook.com experience.

They can also all be found in the Quick Settings.

They would be the Conversation View, Reading Pane (set it to Off), Sender Image (the colorful circles), Group messages by date (this is the date headers in the message list, Attachment preview.

Disabling those and you should feel much more like the older experience.

Hope this helps

4. Thank goodness there is an off button, How long will it remain available?

Thank goodness there is an off button, How long will it remain available?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback on the Outlook.com beta! We will be updating the beta to improve based on feedback regularly. When we bring the features to the regular Outlook.com, we will only bring the best and most popular ones.

5. Why is the Outlook Loading Screen Blinding White even for Dark Mode?!

When opening my outlook on the web, I get the blinding white screen before being redirected to my dark mode inbox. What's the point of dark mode if I still get blinded when coming to my inbox?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. WHERE IS MY OUTBOX

I CAN'T FIND MY OUTBOX - ANY IDEAS

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

7. deleted messages

there is no category of deleted messages like the previous version. Is there anyway i can review my deleted messages.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

8. Cant create new folders

Trying to create a New Folder to store emails in, just wont work! Why?
    I really think your software engineers talk to some users before trying to develop stuff.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

9. Spammy "Manage ad cookies" notifications

"Manage add cookies" spam. Every 2-3 days I keep getting a pop-up from Outlook which resets my ad cookie settings and forces me to re-opt-out. Selecting it once should be enough...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Don't care for the vertical format.

It wasn't broke, so don't change it!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

11. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

12. awfull

why do you always CHANGE the hotmail/outlook interface ? And why can we only leave a message in english ?!! I am fed up

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

13. Additional Two-Factor Authentication Options

Please add additional Two-Factor Authentication Options. Specifically, add an option to be called on a second phone number instead of texted on primary phone number.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the suggestion, and for using outlook.com.

I just wanted to take a minute and let you know that there are a variety of ways to protect your account with two factor.

You might want to check out this article – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12408/microsoft-account-about-two-step-verification

Also, I recommend using the mobile authenticator app. It works really well!

Hope this helps

David Los

14. Hate the Beta! So hard to use. Can't see the email unless you open it. Really hard to navigate thru the emails.

Hate the new BETA. Can't see the email unless you open it. Don't really know what I am doing and afraid I will delete the important emails. NOT USER FRIENDLY!!!! Take this away!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

15. Cannot use hotmail account since Microsort too over.

Since outlook took over my Hotmail account, it changed my email to my other account and I have not been able to send or receive e-mails to my Hotmail account. There doesn't seem anywhere that I can read the Hotmail account to outlook. Trust Microsoft to stuff things up.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

16. I have emails going directly to my deleted file and some of them are from Microsoft about junk or not junk.

FIX ALL THE PROBLEMS AND IT MAY BE OK. IT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN PUT OUT TO BE USED IF IT HAD SO MANY PROBLEMS WITH IT THIS IS WHY I GOT YOUR MESSAGE FOR FEEDBACK IS BECAUSE I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH IT RIGHT NOW.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

17. I DONOT FIND your new layout of Email portal very convenient to handle as all screens- Inbox list, Opened mail and Adv appear alongside.

I do not find your new layout of Email portal convient. All screens- Inbox list, Opened Email, Mail to be sent and Advertise all appear side by side. It is jumbling.the earlier layout was clear as on sceen at a time uase to appear
    Kishor Bhole

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

18. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Forcing change/Perspective

Sure wish you would stop forcing change on Users. Additionally, would appreciate it if you all would stop using/making assumptions to win Users over. For example: You introduced Skype. Whether we wanted it or not, you forced it upon us, with no option to Opt out. Even if you stop the lync and such, come the next update, its just back there again. I think most would agree, we would like the option of saying yes or no to something added to the service we are accustomed to. Then there is my IM visibility in email. You all think, "Why…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

20. Integrated Skype on Outlook.com BETA needs to honor Dark Mode

Integrated Skype on Outlook.com BETA Dark Mode is still in white background.

1. The integrated Skype on Outlook.com BETA is still listing all the recent conversations in white background.

2. The integrated Skype on Outlook.com BETA is still displaying the messageBox for the conversation in white background.

Additionally, the messageBox that is powered by HelpShift in the Help is also in white background.

It would be best to have these addressed to honor the Dark Mode setting so that during navigation to help or using integrated Skype will not cause sudden blindness by the white background especially when the eyes require some…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base