OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. please do not make the mail experience like your internet browser experience

you just have to copy gmail to be better, you dont have to make outlook, live, hotmail worse than it already is, the other folder sends too many emails to that folder, it is very annoying, and that automatic window to see the emails while still seeing the list of emails on one side??? what the ****??? my computer gets frozen everytime because all those unnecessary things are too heavy and useless,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I never had intrusive audio ads before the beta. Ads are fine, AUDIO is not. Blasting commercials are a huge annoyance.

Don't allow audio without permission. Ever. For anything. NO sound effects either. No springing audio from emojis and such. None.

152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off thanks again for using outlook.com and reporting your feedback on ads! As Lynn mentioned before, we do not allow ads with audio. We have been making sure that this does not happen going forward.

Please let us know if you have any other problems with ads going forward.

Thanks!

3. to much unicorne/girly colors

I prefer the designs more sober and functional as MS Office Outlook on 2010
    I don't use calandar nor photos nor else. I use mail function only cause Hotmail is only my mail box.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback on the Outlook.com beta! If you click the settings gear in the upper right, it will open theme customization which will let you pick a sober or professional theme. Let us know if there are other aspects of the experience you are finding too bright.

4. 52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. My coworker accidentally unchecked "Try the beta" and now she can't get it ack

My coworker and I accessed the Outlook beta via the direct URL, but she accidentally unchecked "Try the beta". Now when she tries to re-access the beta via URL, it will flash the beta theme, then go back to the old theme. This is noted in a few blog posts, including on the Verge: "Don’t untick the “try the beta” toggle though, as this will permanently remove you from the beta interface, even with this workaround."

Is there anyway to get this back?

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ads take up too much space

I also have an Office 365 Home subscription... can that remove ads for me?

6,332 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

829 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update January 2018:

We have confirmed that all users whose email addresses have an Office 365 subscription attached to it are getting the ad-free Outlook.com experience. We encourage anyone who would like the ad-free Outlook.com experience to sign up for an Office 365 subscription, which comes with a plethora of additional perks and benefits.

In addition to this, users who would like to have a larger reading surface may find the Reading Pane Off/Hidden mode more preferable. This setting may be found in the Quick Settings panel, under Reading Pane > Hide.

7. Bring back the Skype integration

The Skype ias apparently gone from Outlook.com beta, as the Skype button near the Settings cog icon is nowhere to be found. I think many users didn't like the integration (there was no way to completely disable it) but it still was a nice feature for Skype users.

2,682 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

507 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update January 2018:

Skype is back! :)

More improvements to the Skype integration will come in the future, but for now, please enjoy the upgraded Skype chat experience!

P.S.: If you wish to mute notifications, you can do so in the Settings panel under General > Skype > Notifications.

1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base