OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cant create new folders

Trying to create a New Folder to store emails in, just wont work! Why?
    I really think your software engineers talk to some users before trying to develop stuff.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

2. awfull

why do you always CHANGE the hotmail/outlook interface ? And why can we only leave a message in english ?!! I am fed up

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

3. hotmail

Please undo all of the changes made in September 2018. The new interface looks like it was designed for mentally challenged chimpanzees.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

4. Too Fruity

The beta design looks like something I would find associated with Android or Apple iOS. I don't like it. I love the clean, minimalistic designs that I am familiar with in Windows 8.x and 10 and I prefer my Microsoft web apps to reflect that. Being able to choose between the two designs, permanently, might be nice for the users who like more color and symbols. (Actually, the symbols aren't a bad addition.) K.I.S.S.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

5. just bad

The whole thing is too messy. It's hard to navigate and find stuff. I try and send a new email and it puts at the very bottom of my inbox messages, so i have to scroll to the bottom of them to be able to type in the fields for a new email. the left side bar menu navigation is a mess as well. there should be no favourites for anything, menu or inbox., extremely confusing. just have your basic folders and then the ones the individual creates. I honestly like the very first hotmail... go back to old school…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

6. Forcing change/Perspective

Sure wish you would stop forcing change on Users. Additionally, would appreciate it if you all would stop using/making assumptions to win Users over. For example: You introduced Skype. Whether we wanted it or not, you forced it upon us, with no option to Opt out. Even if you stop the lync and such, come the next update, its just back there again. I think most would agree, we would like the option of saying yes or no to something added to the service we are accustomed to. Then there is my IM visibility in email. You all think, "Why…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

7. Sucks.....

Sucks.. Like sucks.. Every update it get worst.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

9. I am so very upset that you have now forced the beta client on us without the slightest consideration for those of us that do NOT want our m

I am so very upset that you have now forced the beta client on us without the slightest consideration for those of us that do NOT want our mail client looking like a giant cartoon. If you include themes, then why not include one that emulates the old client? Duh! I don't need initials when I can read the name, I don't need colors. (have you ever considered how this messes with colorblind people?) And I need the ability to adjust the font size without changing my browser size. I'll give you some time to fix this. I am paying…

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good morning, I just wanted to take a minute and thank you personally for providing feedback about the new Outlook.com experience, and even more importantly picking Outlook.com as your email provider.

I did want to let you know that the new features that we have introduced are all able to be disabled if you are not a fan of the circles and colors. I wanted to provide you some steps. Once you have these items disabled it should look very similar to your old experience.

First click on the gear in the top right. This will open up the Quick Settings Pane. From here I would recommend trying to toggle off the following. As you turn them off the screen behind will update so you can see what is changing.

1) Sender Photos (this is the colored circles)
    2) Sort by Date – This removes the date headers (Today, Yesterday,…

10. Additional Two-Factor Authentication Options

Please add additional Two-Factor Authentication Options. Specifically, add an option to be called on a second phone number instead of texted on primary phone number.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the suggestion, and for using outlook.com.

I just wanted to take a minute and let you know that there are a variety of ways to protect your account with two factor.

You might want to check out this article – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12408/microsoft-account-about-two-step-verification

Also, I recommend using the mobile authenticator app. It works really well!

Hope this helps

David Los

11. Hard to find emails at a glance. Difficult to navigate. Stupid

Hard to find emails at a glance. Difficult to navigate. Stupid

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

12. I don't like it at all.

This is horrible. It takes up the whole screen, I can't run any other pages or work on any other documents. Please go back to the old version before I start missing deadlines and going crazy.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

13. I simply do not like it. I do not understand why you people continue to ***** up an email service that did not need to be changed.

I simply do not like it. I do not understand why you people continue to ***** up an email service that did not need to be changed. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the original Hotmail.

636 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

228 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you all for using outlook.com and for providing such great feedback. I wanted to address the feedback that you have left about not being able to do some of the advanced search that you had in the older outlook.com experience.

We actually do have advanced search. When you click in the Search box at the top of the screen, it will expand and there is a “filter” icon. If you click that icon you should be able to do date search, attachments, etc.

Hope this helps

David Los

14. Integrated Skype on Outlook.com BETA needs to honor Dark Mode

Integrated Skype on Outlook.com BETA Dark Mode is still in white background.

1. The integrated Skype on Outlook.com BETA is still listing all the recent conversations in white background.

2. The integrated Skype on Outlook.com BETA is still displaying the messageBox for the conversation in white background.

Additionally, the messageBox that is powered by HelpShift in the Help is also in white background.

It would be best to have these addressed to honor the Dark Mode setting so that during navigation to help or using integrated Skype will not cause sudden blindness by the white background especially when the eyes…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make Dark Mode work with other Themes

The outlook.com dark mode is great start. Please make the Outlook.com Dark Mode even darker! Remove the blue title bar and all blue from the Dark Mode (at least give us the option). Blue light is bad for the eyes!

It appears the black theme is disabled for dark mode. We need a total blackout mode.

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

100 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hate the Beta! So hard to use. Can't see the email unless you open it. Really hard to navigate thru the emails.

Hate the new BETA. Can't see the email unless you open it. Don't really know what I am doing and afraid I will delete the important emails. NOT USER FRIENDLY!!!! Take this away!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

17. Force all images to load over HTTPS using an image proxy

Outlook.com currently loads HTTP images sent to you in emails. This causes mixed content warnings in Google Chrome and causes the page to no longer be 'secure'.

It also exposes your IP address to the sender of the email.

Please load images through an image proxy like Gmail does. See here:
    https://gmail.googleblog.com/2013/12/images-now-showing.html

This is long overdue. Gmail did this 5 years ago.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. See more emails and not more advertising

Please, don't add advertising on our page of outlook or, if it's not possible, put them on the right side of the emails and very thin, so that way we will be able to see a lot of the emails that we have received and not only one or two as now.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

240 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for using outlook.com and providing the great feedback! We are constantly looking at ways of improving our ad experience. I did want to let you know that if you have an Office 365 subscription, you actually do get an Ad Free Outlook.com experience as well as more space!

Thanks for the feedback and please keep it coming.

David Los

19. Too Busy

I like the old version. The page is too busy: files on the left, e-mails in the center, open on the right--too busy. Leave it like it was.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

20. 26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base