OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

The new Outlook.com

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

2. Survey

I have taken several surveys and haven't received sweepstakes entry ? Also sweepstakes winners haven't updated since march?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

3. my account gets hacked every 48 hrs

my email gets hacked every 48hrs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

4. totally stinks !! locked into junk page

cleared junk folder. how the blazes do I get back to my regular screen ???

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

5. Ads

I'm tiring of see ads in outllook, im my case on the right side of messages. If they can't be removed I am moving to gmail

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback, and for using Outlook.com.

I just wanted to let you know that we do offer an Ad free experience of Outlook.com to all of our Office 365 subscribers. With the Office 365 subscription you get a wide range of benefits. This includes Skype calling, ability to install the Office client (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc), and finally ad free experience in Outlook.com

Hope this helps

David Los

6. Don't show my feedback to the world!

I have an issue about security, but don't like how you are showing details of other people issues to me here as I try to send you feedback, so I don't feel I can send you feedback!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Don't show the Splash screen each time

If you're trying to chase me away from using Outlook, you're on the right track. Do I have to click to remove the popup announcement about the "improved" Outlook every single time I sign in? Do all the swell new features you crow about cause the extreme slowness of the system? Do you think people might not want your brilliant innovations forced on them, they're happy with things as they were?

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello all – I just wanted to provide a quick update. We were able to get a patch pushed out which disabled the spalsh screen that some of you were seeing on each login.

You should not be seeing the issue any more. However, I do want to let you know that it is highly likely that you will see it one more time in the coming days. As the fix to the bug roles out it will trigger the screen just one more time.

Thank you for reporting this issue, and sorry for the annoyance it caused!

Thanks

David Los

8. Onedrive doesnt works

There is no access to Onedrive, neither by app nor by web

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using the Oultook.com app.

We apologize for the inconvenience and believe all your questions can be answered by going to the following link: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Get-help-with-Outlook-com-40676ad0-c831-45ac-a023-5be633be798d?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Here you will find assistance for everything from getting started using your account to troubleshooting any issues that may arise. ?

If you have a feature you would like to see added to the app in the future please let us know here in the UserVoice forum.

All the best,
    The Outlook Team

PS: We are not able to see replies to this address. Please refer any additional questions you may have to in-app support or the online answer forums.

9. I don't have a mobile phone, so I how can I verify without a code?

I don't have a mobile phone, so I how can I verify without a code?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using the Oultook.com app.

We apologize for the inconvenience and believe all your questions can be answered by going to the following link: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Get-help-with-Outlook-com-40676ad0-c831-45ac-a023-5be633be798d?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Here you will find assistance for everything from getting started using your account to troubleshooting any issues that may arise. ?

If you have a feature you would like to see added to the app in the future please let us know here in the UserVoice forum.

All the best,
    The Outlook Team

PS: We are not able to see replies to this address. Please refer any additional questions you may have to in-app support or the online answer forums.

10. Profile change impossible because of email security check

A recent Microsoft security policy seems to force me to receive a security check email, sent to another email address (entered a long time ago), to make any change to my user profile. The issue is that my other email address is not valid anymore: my enterprise domain has changed. How can I update my profile now? The only option I can see is to drop my hotmail email and go to another platform, e.g. gmail, instead. Any other solution? Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I am sorry to hear you are having some problems with getting the secondary proof setup on your account. However, can you please use the in app support link, the agents there should be able to help you out.

This way the support agents can have a private chat and not wide open in the feedback forums.

You can find the support link by clicking on the ? mark in the top corner.

Thanks

David Los

11. To change for ocasions, events,holidays,loke Aol

Option to change the stationery for diff. Events,etc

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

12. Don't care for the vertical format.

It wasn't broke, so don't change it!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

13. I DONOT FIND your new layout of Email portal very convenient to handle as all screens- Inbox list, Opened mail and Adv appear alongside.

I do not find your new layout of Email portal convient. All screens- Inbox list, Opened Email, Mail to be sent and Advertise all appear side by side. It is jumbling.the earlier layout was clear as on sceen at a time uase to appear
    Kishor Bhole

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

14. I can not even read this stuff and even in the old way. It gets worse the further along I go. Possibly because I still have Vista.

I visit this rarely because the Beta is unreadable and the old gets worse as I go along. Main reason is I still use Vista and I can not afford a new computer. I imagine this works just fine with 10. But slowing nothing is working right because I can not even do my annual enrollments for my medical benefits.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

15. Love Dark Mode

Its fantastic to use dark mode for outlook mail and I hope that you will provide dark mode to other services such as One drive, One note and tasks etc

382 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

106 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Redirected to Google sign in

I use Outlook.com to read both my MSA and Gmail. Now, everytime I go to outlook.com, I am taken to the Google sign in page and prevents me from opening my MSA email.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

17. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

18. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Cant create new folders

Trying to create a New Folder to store emails in, just wont work! Why?
    I really think your software engineers talk to some users before trying to develop stuff.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

20. awfull

why do you always CHANGE the hotmail/outlook interface ? And why can we only leave a message in english ?!! I am fed up

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base