OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cannot use hotmail account since Microsort too over.

Since outlook took over my Hotmail account, it changed my email to my other account and I have not been able to send or receive e-mails to my Hotmail account. There doesn't seem anywhere that I can read the Hotmail account to outlook. Trust Microsoft to stuff things up.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

2. WHERE IS MY OUTBOX

I CAN'T FIND MY OUTBOX - ANY IDEAS

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

3. Multiple duplicate nested folders

I have multiple duplicate nested folders and don't know how to undo that.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

4. Title

Title: I wanted security information - nothing comes up

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

5. Problems syncing a Salesforce account with Outlook/Office

I am working with a very competent 15-year old company and they and I are having terrible trouble in hooking me up to a "Salesforce" account under Microsoft Office! Has anyone out there experienced similar problems?... Do I HAVE to have a paid "Office account"? I'm sad to say, this seems so 1990's!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

6. Task, favorite, editing bars - where did they go?

Task and utility bars. Where did they go?

How do I restore the favorites bar, bottom task bar, and editing-reply bar? Hotmail has become useless. Why?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

7. I change my password the day before & Outlook won't recognise it

It is a nightmare email service Even gmail is better than this

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

8. Spambox - what a joke

Spambox has turned up on my profile and has decided to delete all of the e-mails from a safe sender without me ever asking it to, who comes up with these options?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

9. ACCOUNT SECURITY -SUPPORT NEEDED

I have changed my password after Quora accounts were hacked. However, I continue to receive sign-in attempt failed messages. Accounts appears to be under attack. I need immediate support to stop this.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

10. HOW TO RETRIEVE SENT MAIL?

If it's not broke, don't fix it.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

11. e-mail not working

e-mail problem

you say you'll call but you don't....you've totally messed this up, I can't even send an e-mail

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

12. Outlook Censoring Email sources

You are blocking messages from American Wire@theusawire.com! I forwarded the message to my other email account and it displayed the message without any trouble. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves. The last time I checked, this was still America, the land of free speech and equality for all.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

13. I need my email please.

I need my email please.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

14. Help Function is NON-Functioning

The "?"/help function is not functioning at all. If you put in a word to search nothing happens. Now there is no way (or you buried it so people wont bother you) to email or call for help? Are you just trying to make people leave?!

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Rename folders

I can't rename the folders like I could before. This is no good!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

16. Email time

How do I set the correct time on email messages?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

17. REMOVE AND DELETE SUB FOLDERS

Can't delete sub folders and still can not removed them of the list, why is still appearing on the list of MOVE to

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

18. deleted messages

there is no category of deleted messages like the previous version. Is there anyway i can review my deleted messages.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

19. Feels like a Security breach

On typing hotmail.com in browser, got a prompt to verify by sending a security code to mobile phone. Why did that happen ?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

20. I have emails going directly to my deleted file and some of them are from Microsoft about junk or not junk.

FIX ALL THE PROBLEMS AND IT MAY BE OK. IT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN PUT OUT TO BE USED IF IT HAD SO MANY PROBLEMS WITH IT THIS IS WHY I GOT YOUR MESSAGE FOR FEEDBACK IS BECAUSE I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH IT RIGHT NOW.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base