OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I don't often open emails

Most of my emails in my focused inbox give plenty of info in the subject line, and I rarely need to open the emails. This is probably abnormal, but less space to see emails is a bit inconvenient on desktop. Still loving the separated, easily -navigated focused and other folders.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, and thanks for using outlook.com and for providing such wonderful feedback. I just wanted to send you a couple of quick steps on how you might be able to configure your Outlook.com to better address not wanting to open emails automatically.

If you click on the Gear in the Top right, it will load a quick settings panel. From here you can disable the reading pane. (set it to off).

At this point then you will not automatically open items. And when you do want to open one you just click on it. It will give you more space to view them as well.

Hope this helps

David Los

2. Thank goodness there is an off button, How long will it remain available?

Thank goodness there is an off button, How long will it remain available?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback on the Outlook.com beta! We will be updating the beta to improve based on feedback regularly. When we bring the features to the regular Outlook.com, we will only bring the best and most popular ones.

3. please do not make the mail experience like your internet browser experience

you just have to copy gmail to be better, you dont have to make outlook, live, hotmail worse than it already is, the other folder sends too many emails to that folder, it is very annoying, and that automatic window to see the emails while still seeing the list of emails on one side??? what the ****??? my computer gets frozen everytime because all those unnecessary things are too heavy and useless,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Folders disappearing

The folders list has evidently been 'enlarged' to the point that 'conversation history', personal folders like 'temp' and the 'new folder' tab all at the bottom of the folders list are now non-viewable...can you IT people not come up with a better solution to whatever it is that you're trying to do?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Icons Not Updated

Product Icons not updated on the app menu on outlook (square dots in the top left)

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Outlook name not showing properly

One of my friends started outlook today with his Gmail email address. When he presses on his photo on the top right in outlook web, it shows his new bizarre looking outlook address. He also cannot see his name. All what outlook shows is that outlook email address.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

7. about my account

I use my QQ email to register my microsoft account(outlook email). But when I use my QQ address to login, I couldn't access my outlook mail, only in my QQ mail. How to login my outlook email.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

8. Potential security issue: please respond.

I got a notification that I was locked out of my account, presumably for a security concern. I checked to see if there were any irregular logins and there didn't seem to be. Likewise, I don't see that anyone sent junk/spam mail from my account. Is there anything you can do to help me be sure that the account was not hacked or misused in any way, please?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

9. Need your help

how can I send email to your microsoft account team?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

10. something goes wrong

Dear Authorized,

I have one more e-mail address which is ogun_jo@hotmail.com. However I can not reach this address because this website claims that this e-mail address is not exist. How can I reach this e-mail address? Please help.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

11. Make our id's changeable pleaseeee

How can I change my email address here? I want to be VenusLove31

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

12. Title

Title: I wanted security information - nothing comes up

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

13. I change my password the day before & Outlook won't recognise it

It is a nightmare email service Even gmail is better than this

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

14. Spambox - what a joke

Spambox has turned up on my profile and has decided to delete all of the e-mails from a safe sender without me ever asking it to, who comes up with these options?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

15. ACCOUNT SECURITY -SUPPORT NEEDED

I have changed my password after Quora accounts were hacked. However, I continue to receive sign-in attempt failed messages. Accounts appears to be under attack. I need immediate support to stop this.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

16. HOW TO RETRIEVE SENT MAIL?

If it's not broke, don't fix it.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

17. Email time

How do I set the correct time on email messages?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

18. Feels like a Security breach

On typing hotmail.com in browser, got a prompt to verify by sending a security code to mobile phone. Why did that happen ?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

19. I am missing 2 email accounts

Where are my email accounts?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

20. Don't show my feedback to the world!

I have an issue about security, but don't like how you are showing details of other people issues to me here as I try to send you feedback, so I don't feel I can send you feedback!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base