OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. e-mail not working

e-mail problem

you say you'll call but you don't....you've totally messed this up, I can't even send an e-mail

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

2. I need my email please.

I need my email please.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

3. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

4. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. REMOVE AND DELETE SUB FOLDERS

Can't delete sub folders and still can not removed them of the list, why is still appearing on the list of MOVE to

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

6. awfull

why do you always CHANGE the hotmail/outlook interface ? And why can we only leave a message in english ?!! I am fed up

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

7. Forcing change/Perspective

Sure wish you would stop forcing change on Users. Additionally, would appreciate it if you all would stop using/making assumptions to win Users over. For example: You introduced Skype. Whether we wanted it or not, you forced it upon us, with no option to Opt out. Even if you stop the lync and such, come the next update, its just back there again. I think most would agree, we would like the option of saying yes or no to something added to the service we are accustomed to. Then there is my IM visibility in email. You all think, "Why…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

9. I DONOT FIND your new layout of Email portal very convenient to handle as all screens- Inbox list, Opened mail and Adv appear alongside.

I do not find your new layout of Email portal convient. All screens- Inbox list, Opened Email, Mail to be sent and Advertise all appear side by side. It is jumbling.the earlier layout was clear as on sceen at a time uase to appear
    Kishor Bhole

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

10. totally stinks !! locked into junk page

cleared junk folder. how the blazes do I get back to my regular screen ???

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

11. I can not even read this stuff and even in the old way. It gets worse the further along I go. Possibly because I still have Vista.

I visit this rarely because the Beta is unreadable and the old gets worse as I go along. Main reason is I still use Vista and I can not afford a new computer. I imagine this works just fine with 10. But slowing nothing is working right because I can not even do my annual enrollments for my medical benefits.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

12. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

13. Switch Mail/Calendar/People/Photos/Tasks buttons back to horizontal instead of vertical

While I believe this layout is an improvement overall, I think having the Mail/Calendar/People/Photos/Tasks buttons going vertical in the lower left corner should be changed back to horizontal and at the bottom of the folder pane. Having one section just for these adds wasteful white space on the left that takes away from listing folder trees, and it is not consistent with the experience across Calendar and People, as they switch back to horizontal when switching apps. This also doesn't match behavior in Outlook desktop client that most end-users are trained for. Please switch that view back, or at least…

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Profile change impossible because of email security check

A recent Microsoft security policy seems to force me to receive a security check email, sent to another email address (entered a long time ago), to make any change to my user profile. The issue is that my other email address is not valid anymore: my enterprise domain has changed. How can I update my profile now? The only option I can see is to drop my hotmail email and go to another platform, e.g. gmail, instead. Any other solution? Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I am sorry to hear you are having some problems with getting the secondary proof setup on your account. However, can you please use the in app support link, the agents there should be able to help you out.

This way the support agents can have a private chat and not wide open in the feedback forums.

You can find the support link by clicking on the ? mark in the top corner.

Thanks

David Los

15. Multiple duplicate nested folders

I have multiple duplicate nested folders and don't know how to undo that.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

16. To change for ocasions, events,holidays,loke Aol

Option to change the stationery for diff. Events,etc

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

17. Force all images to load over HTTPS using an image proxy

Outlook.com currently loads HTTP images sent to you in emails. This causes mixed content warnings in Google Chrome and causes the page to no longer be 'secure'.

It also exposes your IP address to the sender of the email.

Please load images through an image proxy like Gmail does. See here:
    https://gmail.googleblog.com/2013/12/images-now-showing.html

This is long overdue. Gmail did this 5 years ago.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. My coworker accidentally unchecked "Try the beta" and now she can't get it ack

My coworker and I accessed the Outlook beta via the direct URL, but she accidentally unchecked "Try the beta". Now when she tries to re-access the beta via URL, it will flash the beta theme, then go back to the old theme. This is noted in a few blog posts, including on the Verge: "Don’t untick the “try the beta” toggle though, as this will permanently remove you from the beta interface, even with this workaround."

Is there anyway to get this back?

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Hate that the next email pops up automatically, loved the old version that lets me choose what to open.

Hate that the next email pops up automatically, loved the old version that lets me choose what to open.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello – First off thank you for the feedback and for using the new Outlook.com experience.

I just wanted to let you know that we do indeed have the option to not open items up automatically after you deleted/closed one.

To do this, select the Gear at the top right, scroll down to the bottom and select view Outlook Settings.

From there, under the Reading Pane section you can see message open options.

Hope this helps

David Los

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base