OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cant create new folders

Trying to create a New Folder to store emails in, just wont work! Why?
    I really think your software engineers talk to some users before trying to develop stuff.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

2. deleted messages

there is no category of deleted messages like the previous version. Is there anyway i can review my deleted messages.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

3. Too Busy

I like the old version. The page is too busy: files on the left, e-mails in the center, open on the right--too busy. Leave it like it was.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

4. The delete button is not working properly!

When I click in the delete button of a message, the message is deleted but the page doesn't refresh. I have to do this manually.

A few days ago it was working properly.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for using Outlook.com and for taking the time to provide feedback!

I am sorry for any bugs or problems you hit in the new Outlook.com experience.

We have been working hard to address these issues. I just tested and confirmed that I am not seeing this problem any more.

Can you give it another try and report back by opening up a new feedback thread or contacting support from within Outlook.com?

Thanks

David Los

5. connected account

Editing Connected Accounts is not available in Beta.

175 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks again for the feedback. This feature should now be deployed world wide. To setup/view your connected accounts please follow these steps.

1) Click on the Gear in the top right
    2) Click on View Settings at the bottom of the Quick Settings Pane
    3) Under the Mail Tab there is a Sync Email setting. This is the connected accounts area. You can add new ones, or see the ones you already added.

Thanks for using outlook.com!

6. I never had intrusive audio ads before the beta. Ads are fine, AUDIO is not. Blasting commercials are a huge annoyance.

Don't allow audio without permission. Ever. For anything. NO sound effects either. No springing audio from emojis and such. None.

152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off thanks again for using outlook.com and reporting your feedback on ads! As Lynn mentioned before, we do not allow ads with audio. We have been making sure that this does not happen going forward.

Please let us know if you have any other problems with ads going forward.

Thanks!

7. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

8. Cannot use hotmail account since Microsort too over.

Since outlook took over my Hotmail account, it changed my email to my other account and I have not been able to send or receive e-mails to my Hotmail account. There doesn't seem anywhere that I can read the Hotmail account to outlook. Trust Microsoft to stuff things up.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

9. Additional Two-Factor Authentication Options

Please add additional Two-Factor Authentication Options. Specifically, add an option to be called on a second phone number instead of texted on primary phone number.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the suggestion, and for using outlook.com.

I just wanted to take a minute and let you know that there are a variety of ways to protect your account with two factor.

You might want to check out this article – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12408/microsoft-account-about-two-step-verification

Also, I recommend using the mobile authenticator app. It works really well!

Hope this helps

David Los

10. Hard to find emails at a glance. Difficult to navigate. Stupid

Hard to find emails at a glance. Difficult to navigate. Stupid

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

11. Outlook Censoring Email sources

You are blocking messages from American Wire@theusawire.com! I forwarded the message to my other email account and it displayed the message without any trouble. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves. The last time I checked, this was still America, the land of free speech and equality for all.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

12. Rename folders

I can't rename the folders like I could before. This is no good!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

13. beta

I love Outlook.com but am disappointed in the handling of this beta as I was in the previous beta. Beta Test: "In software development, a beta test is the second phase of software testing in which a sampling of the intended audience tries the product out." (from Bing definitions). Yet, as I use Outlook.com beta and come here to provide feedback/vote on other feedback, I'm finding comments such as, "This functionality will be coming back to the beta in a future update."

Regular beta testers do not expect a regression from the current product when testing. Rather, they are presented…

140 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thanks for all of the great feedback on the new experience as we as how we ran the Beta. As you may know we have been reacting to the feedback and using it to prioritize the work that the team does.

One of the areas that we did for sure hear was you want more clarity on what changes we are making going forward. As we land the final changes, we are also introducing the Whats New Pane. This pane will be used to announce features and changes to the outlook.com experience.

Thanks again for all of the great feedback!

14. I cannot use my username to log in anymore, the new

I tried using my school e-mail, given to me from Outlook.com, and Microsoft says that my username "does not exist". This is a problem because I did not create this e-mail, it was given to me by my Online school. Now that I cannot get into Outlook.com, I cannot communicate with my teachers.

xxxxxx@students.post.edu" does not work...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

15. Hate the layout!

Just too cluttered! I have the downloaded version of Hotmail that comes with MS OFFICE, I don't use it.... why? BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE THIS NEW ONLINE VERSION!

It ain't broke, please don't fix it till it is!

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi thanks for the feedback. Early on in the beta we introduced a lot of new features. However, over the last few months we have also added a bunch of quick settings to help customize the user experience. We think these options allow you to get truly the experience that all of the users might want.

This includes getting it setup just like the old outlook.com/Hotmail ui.

To do this click on the gear in the top right. Then try turning off the settings that you don’t like. Some of the newer experiences that you are seeing are called conversation view, sender photos, etc.

let me know if you have any more feedback!

thanks

Dave

16. Help

I am not receiving emails from certain clients and not able to get the help I need. I am willing to upgrade outlook to paid copy but cant reach anyone.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

17. Don't care for the vertical format.

It wasn't broke, so don't change it!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

18. Problems syncing a Salesforce account with Outlook/Office

I am working with a very competent 15-year old company and they and I are having terrible trouble in hooking me up to a "Salesforce" account under Microsoft Office! Has anyone out there experienced similar problems?... Do I HAVE to have a paid "Office account"? I'm sad to say, this seems so 1990's!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

19. Task, favorite, editing bars - where did they go?

Task and utility bars. Where did they go?

How do I restore the favorites bar, bottom task bar, and editing-reply bar? Hotmail has become useless. Why?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-The Outlook.com Team

20. e-mail not working

e-mail problem

you say you'll call but you don't....you've totally messed this up, I can't even send an e-mail

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base