OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Spammy "Manage ad cookies" notifications

"Manage add cookies" spam. Every 2-3 days I keep getting a pop-up from Outlook which resets my ad cookie settings and forces me to re-opt-out. Selecting it once should be enough...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keep it simple.

Email isn't for emojis & bright colors. Keep it clean and simple. There's too much noise everywhere else in the world.

I use my personal email to communicate with friends and family. I don't need to be entertained and over stimulated by gimmicks. I just want to send a message and easily find the ones I've received.

596 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I want to thank each and everyone of you for using Outlook.com and for taking the time to provide feedback on the new experience.

I know that a few different topics got merged down into this suggestion, so I wanted to offer some broad guidance on how you might configure the new experience to get it to look more like what you want.

Lets start off with the feedback about not wanting the bright colored circles, emojis, and joyful animations. All of these can be disabled. Click on the gear in the top right hand corner, this will load the quick setting pane. From here first disable the Sender Photos. This removes the colored circles with initials.

Then continue to scroll down and select view all Options. In this options page select Compose and Reply. In this page look for Joyful animations. turning this off will eliminate the…

3. Delete button moves when selecting emails

When selecting an email via the check box, the "Delete" button moves and it's location is then occupied by the "Archive" button.
    The half second delay on this movement means I already have the mouse button over "delete", but as I click it moves and I end up archiving instead.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Help Function is NON-Functioning

The "?"/help function is not functioning at all. If you put in a word to search nothing happens. Now there is no way (or you buried it so people wont bother you) to email or call for help? Are you just trying to make people leave?!

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Beta not good for me

The new version is not good because the many parameters and adjustable options of the old version have disappeared. I need to be able to set more than what is possible in the new version, as rules of messages, aliases, ....

306 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello – First off, I just wanted to thank everyone for responding and providing all of the valuable feedback. More importantly I also want to thank you for using Outlook.com.

I did want to update everyone and let them know that we have re-introduced all of the options that were in the old experience. This took a bit of time, as we wanted to make sure we were designing simplified experiences for everyone.

Please keep the great feedback coming!

David Los

6. I don't have a mobile phone, so I how can I verify without a code?

I don't have a mobile phone, so I how can I verify without a code?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  50 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey, you can disable the persona icons (colored circles) by opening settings. Click the gear in the header, then click “View all outlook settings” in the settings pane at the bottom.

Then go to Mail > Layout > Sender image. Select “Don’t show sender images”.

Hope this helps!

Colin

8. pictures in signature

I can see the inactive picture icon in the signature, but currently cannot upload any pictures to appear at the bottom of my emails in my signature! Please can you activate it asap!!!!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. WHERE IS MY OUTBOX

I CAN'T FIND MY OUTBOX - ANY IDEAS

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

10. I don't like it at all.

This is horrible. It takes up the whole screen, I can't run any other pages or work on any other documents. Please go back to the old version before I start missing deadlines and going crazy.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

You might enjoy the new Outlook experience more with a few changes to your settings, which you can find by clicking the gear icon. Try changing the setting for Conversation view to Off, changing the setting for Reading pane to Hide, and changing the setting for Attachment preview to Off.

We’re always interested in new ideas, but we need some more specific feedback to fix the problem for you. If you have more detailed suggestions, please update your idea or add a new one.

You might also find this help article useful: aka.ms/outlookcombetahelp. It has some simple steps to fix common problems.

-The Outlook.com Team

11. I liked the old hotmail from the late nineties better.

Hotmail keeps getting more non-user friendly with each update. There's no need for Focused and Other folders. The constant pop-ups to announce new mail is annoying. I've also had mail to inadvertently disappear into the Deleted folder while I'm trying to read it. I used to get emails to announce appointments from the Calendar. Now I just get a temporary pop-up that I often miss. Also, I cannot delete old contacts that I no longer wish to have. Please let me have the version from the late nineties when Hotmail was use-friendly.

560 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I just want to thank each and everyone of you for taking the time and providing feedback on the new Outlook.com experience. I totally appreciate that updates can often be frustrating when things change. I also want to thank everyone that has provided feedback over the course of the Beta to ensure that we address feedback.

With that being said, I do want to offer some types/advice on some options that you can select to get a view that is more in line with the old experience. This includes turning off the Colored bubbles :)

First click on the Gear in the top right hand corner. This will load the Quick Settings Pane. This pane includes all of the key features that are likely different between the old experience and the new experience.

To get a view that is similar to the old view I would turn off…

12. Hate the page set up. Like the other way better.

Hate the page set up. Like the other way better

135 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry to hear you’re not enjoying your current experience. You can change your layout view by:

1. Going to Settings (Gear icon in the top-right)
    2. Reading pane > Hide (it’s a radio button)

You can also further personalize many elements of your view by:

1. Going to Settings (Gear icon in the top-right)
    2. View full settings → Mail → Layout

13. 399 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

146 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback on the Outlook.com beta! We really appreciate this usability feedback. The reply/reply-all/forward options are there under a menu in the upper right corner of an email, but we understand they are not discoverable enough for you and we are considering several solutions. We will reply when we have an update.

Update August 17: We are working on making the individual buttons readily available.

Update August 18: We have fixed this. Please don’t stop giving us your feedback on the Outlook.com beta!

14. I have emails going directly to my deleted file and some of them are from Microsoft about junk or not junk.

FIX ALL THE PROBLEMS AND IT MAY BE OK. IT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN PUT OUT TO BE USED IF IT HAD SO MANY PROBLEMS WITH IT THIS IS WHY I GOT YOUR MESSAGE FOR FEEDBACK IS BECAUSE I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH IT RIGHT NOW.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

15. Why is the Outlook Loading Screen Blinding White even for Dark Mode?!

When opening my outlook on the web, I get the blinding white screen before being redirected to my dark mode inbox. What's the point of dark mode if I still get blinded when coming to my inbox?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Switch between accounts

I have 2 Outlook.com accounts, 1 Office365 account, and 1 Gmail account I'd like to access through Outlook.com. Please allow me to switch easily between these accounts. I should be able to log in once, and link all of these together, and then switch between them easily. Currently I need to sign out and sign in to switch.

378 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. print

It is not possible to print an email. I got 4 white pages out of the printer when I tried to print my Uber invoice. Please take a look at this feature!

243 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  61 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The layout is not even functional

The layout is not even functional. It's like i have parts of different programs and pages in the same window

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you very much for all of the great feedback. I just wanted to circle back and let you know that we introduced a ton of settings around configuring the layout of the new outlook.com experience.

You can disable a lot of the new options all from the quick settings. For example, you can disable the reading pane, conversation view, sender photos, etc.

Just log into your account, click the gear in the top right, and from the quick settings pane you can do a ton of easy simple config changes.

hope this helps!

19. my account gets hacked every 48 hrs

my email gets hacked every 48hrs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

20. 40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-The Outlook.com Team

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base