OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keyboard shortcuts not working

I'm trying the new open beta. In this preview, the keyboard shortcuts are not working. Even tried with different kb-shortcuts like Outlook.com, Gmail, ... It is set to Outlook (not Outlook.com) by default. The shortcuts were working in the old layout. Please fix ASAP.

492 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

276 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. There needs to be an option to delete/clear search history!

There is no way to delete/clear search history in Outlook.com!!!!!! This is crazy! This is a basic necessity!

187 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for all of the great feedback, and for using outlook.com! I just wanted to let you know that everyone should be able to clear their search history now.

To do this follow these steps

1) Click the Gear/Cog in the top right hand corner
    2) Click Full Settings at the bottom of the Quick Setting Pane
    3) Select General in the left
    4) Select Export

From here you can delete your search history, export it if you want a copy, or request an export of your mailbox.

Hope this helps!

David Los

3. Hard to tell between read and unread messages

I liked some of the ideas being used in beta, but I hate the new layout! I found it far less readable. It was more difficult to differentiate between read and unread messages quickly. I'd love the option to change the layout to what I prefer. It was enough to make me opt out.

2,686 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  263 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. dark/night mode is essential

Nowadays a dark or night mode is a necessary feature IMO.

1,128 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

386 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It is my greatest pleasure to share this piece of news with you: Dark Mode is here, on the new Outlook.com!

What is Dark Mode?
    Dark Mode is a more-pleasant way to read your Outlook.com email if you prefer interfaces that are less bright or if you are in a low-light environment. Dark Mode is available on the new Outlook.com experience (formerly known as the Outlook.com Beta experience) only.

How do I turn it on?
    To turn on Dark Mode, open the Quick Settings panel by selecting the Gear icon at the top of your screen. The option to enable Dark Mode is near the top of the panel, immediately under Theme selection. If your browser is unable to support Dark Mode, consider using Microsoft Edge.

Why is Dark Mode not a theme?
    When we designed Dark Mode, we debated having it exist in Outlook.com as a theme. We quickly…

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base