OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The Sort function not working right, basic functions lost.

In classic version, I can sort inbox mails "sent from" and drag up and down to the first to last person in alphabetically order very quickly and therefore able to find a person easily and quickly. But in Beta version, I can not drag down to the end all at once. I have to continue scroll down and scroll down and it slowly load up the next few people. It takes forever to find a person in alphabetically order.

In classic version, I can sort Sent Items by "sent to". But in Beta version, that function is completely lost. There…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. do not group conversations......

Need to have the options NOT TO GROUP THE CONVERSATIONS.I cannot work this way - otherwise I would use gmail. I forward the sam promo email to many different people - I DONT WANT TO GROUP CONVERSATIONS.....If there is no option - I will have to move - I CANNOT WORK LIKJE THIS - shy do you always ASSUME poepl want what you THINK they want - look at the feedback - IT IS NOT WANT THE USERS WANT

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. NOT VIEWER FRIENDLY PAGE DESIGN

I PREFER TO SCROLL THROUGH MY MESSAGES TO FIND WHAT I WANT AND THEN OPEN THE MESSAGE BOX, WHICH IN THE BETA VERSION TAKES TOOOOOO MUCH SPACE FOR NOTHING. THIS SHOULD BE OPTIONAL. ALSO I DON'T NEED TO SEE THE FIRST PHRASE OF THE MESSAGES CONSTANTLY, THIS SHOULD BE OPTIONAL. THIS WAY IT IS CUMBERSOME AND DERAILING, I WANT TO SCROLL THROUGH MY MESSAGES EASILY AND ON FULL SCREEN.
    SEARCH IS NOT AS EASY AND

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Search for the FOLDER itself. Hyperlink to containing Folder when viewing email.

A. Need a way to search for the Folder itself (for people using LOTS of folders)

B. When on an email from a search, clearly show containing Folder Name with an active hyperlink to the folder.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Moving email to folders, cannot scroll the "move to . . ." folder list

When moving an email to a folder by highlighting it and selecting "move to . . ." from the drop down list, you cannot scroll through the folder list, but have to search. This is inconvenient when you only have a vague memory of which folder you need to move the email into

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. collapse by date

In previous version it was possible to collapse or expand the inbox based on date (e.g. yesterday, two weeks ago, last month, older etc..). Now i just have an endless string of inbox and if i want an email from 3 weeks ago, i have to scroll down way too much! And yes, i do not organise my inbox with folder as i find the search function useful enough to retrive any email. But in previous version my inbox could be collapsed so i did not end up with a string of endless messages.

Please can you enable this function…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. search

I need to search for something and then filter it eg those with attachments - BETA no longer has this function

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Want to be able to turn off Autocorrect

I have noticed a number of mysterious typos in my Sent messages and recently seen several on-the-fly corrections as I type. There seems to be some sort of "autocorrect" mechanism at work that from time to time just happens to make an outrageous word substation. If I search on "autocorrect" in the Windows 10 settings, I see that I have it turned off. Am wondering if there is AUTOCORRECT at work for Outlook.com but no option to configure it, turn it off. As an Office 365 subscriber, I am running the PREMIUM version of Outlook.com and wondered if that was…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Jumpy screen

I'm switching back to the old version. The screen is just to jumpy. Every time I click on something, an email, a folder, using the search bar, the items on the screen have to jump/load like 5 or 6 times and it gives me a headache.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. my contacts used to auto populate , now its a major issue, i have to search contacts to insert a contact

before, i only had to type beginning of the name and it would auto populate the email i was sending something too !

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Problems with "search" tool

I had problems finding emails that I used to find faster and easily.I like the improvement of see an email and the whole message list simultaneosly.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please reintroduce numbering of mail pages for each folder and show the total number of mails for each folders.

Previously all folders had a numbered page system with about 30 mails on each page, thereby making it easy to flip back and forth through the mail pages.
    This page numbering was really a great help, also when deleting mails from folders.
    Futher - the total number of mails was shown, not just the unread ones.

Please reintroduce numbering of mail pages for each folders and show the total number of mails in each folder, i.e. total *** mails in INBOX including yyy unread mails
    Thanks - that would be a great help!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. There is no way to change the from email address. I have 3 emails accounts, but I was unable to choose what email address to reply from.

There is no way to change the from email address. I have 3 emails accounts tied to the account, but I was unable to choose what email address to reply from.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Don't show deleted mails in search results by default

I'm trying to cleanup my emails:
    1) search for emails to be deleted
    2) delete them
    3) refresh the search : they're still displayed in the search results, this time with the Deleted folder indication.

I would like to have an option that would allow me to NOT display deleted messages, so that I wouldn't have to select the Inbox folder at each and every research in order to exclude deleted items.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I can't get organised

It's impossible to organise my emails. If I search for something in my inbox it brings everything up, even deleted items. How can I organise things? The search
    is rubbish

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Replying to an e-mail whilst your inbox is filtered to 'unread messages' just deletes the message.

Defect alert: Replying to an e-mail whilst your inbox is filtered to 'unread messages' just deletes the message.

Repro steps:
    1. Filter your inbox to 'unread'
    2. Open a message, push reply.

Expected:
    I should be able to reply to the message.

Actual:
    No reply message appears, the message disappears entirely, and the message which was unread is gone from the filter (meaning you need to manually search to find it). You can see something new in drafts, but click on the folder and it gets deleted.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Search by year / find old mails / number of pages

Hi

With the new version, I cannot find old mails sent 2-3 weeks ago. There are no numbering pages, I have to scroll and scroll...it's boring.
    If I could go to the next pages and so one, it would be faster. With Gmail, we can change the page.

Also, I would for example see my mail sent in 2016 but it's impossible. The only way is to scroll until 2016...but I have thousand of mails!
    With Gmail, I can search a range "after:2016/1/1 before:2016/6/1"
    With Outlook, I must know the exact date DD/MM/YYYY. I can't search by year und between…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Click To does not Display Contacts

Previously, all I had to do was click on a contact person, and then their email address, and I could start typing my email message. I cannot do this now. Plus, it does not send when I hit send, instead putting the message in draft.
    I also must hand type each and every email address again that I already save in my contact list for each person. What have you changed?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

Your help search couldn't find its * with both hands and a road map. By the way, this new outlook really sucks. You should scrap this ** and start over.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

I hate this new live outlook. When I search I can't see which emails are in which folders and the print feature is terrible - I can't print without all of the text showing behind the print window, making the printout completely unreadable. This "upgrade" has slowed my productivity by a day or more.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base