OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New feedback

I need to find how to search my blocked list to see if I mistakenly blocked it. There is no help answer.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

25 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New feedback

Beta is Horrible

My account refreshed itself last night, and I was greeted with the

message "welcome to the new Outlook!" And there was no way to

toggle back to the classic look.

It's horrible.

The page is actually difficult to look at. The senders' names and

subjects used to be bolded to indicate new messages. Now, the

subjects are bolded, but the senders' aren't.

Why are there little icons and graphics all over the page? They

are completely unnecessary and just make it cluttered.

There is a "Favorite" folders section. Why? I don't need help

finding my own folders.…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New feedback

Your "new improved" hotmail now prevents me from searching for email addresses of all of my contacts!!!!

Please fix this ASAP!!!!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. pinned items do not show up in search

When using search function, pinned items do not show up in the results

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Want to be able to turn off Autocorrect

I have noticed a number of mysterious typos in my Sent messages and recently seen several on-the-fly corrections as I type. There seems to be some sort of "autocorrect" mechanism at work that from time to time just happens to make an outrageous word substation. If I search on "autocorrect" in the Windows 10 settings, I see that I have it turned off. Am wondering if there is AUTOCORRECT at work for Outlook.com but no option to configure it, turn it off. As an Office 365 subscriber, I am running the PREMIUM version of Outlook.com and wondered if that was…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please hide deleted messages

When you switch from "focused" to "others", all messages that you painstakingly deleted... are still visible. this is just horrifying.
    If I delete messages, I want to get rid of them. I do not want them to pollute me, even in some kind of a "all messages" view.
    the "deleted folder" is there if I want to recover something. the "all messages" view should show only clean and usefull messages. Not all the deleted ****.
    Cheers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enhance the UserVoice Feedback Search and Results

Feedback on the UserVoice Feedback page itself...
    1. There should be a way to provide feedback about UserVoice itself directly from a client's UserVoice site (such as outlook.uservoice.com).
    2. The search does not appear to support exact matches by enclosing text in quotes. Please add this so users can limit results.
    3. The search/results do not appear to support filtering by date range. Please add this so users can do more specific searches (excluding results from older versions, etc.).
    4. The search/results do not appear to support filtering by status (Completed or not). Please add this. (Also, why is the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. microsoft deleted my emails older than 10 years old without my knowledge, with no warning or opportunity to download and store them locally

why did Microsoft delete email older than 10 years old with no warning? last year I was able to search ALL my very old emails for important messages and attachments. now that has ended. there was no warning from Microsoft that they were going to delete anything older than 10 years old, no opportunity to have the option to save them locally to ensure valuable data was not lost.
    it is an outrage! if you search this topic you will find that it is not an isolated incident, but the 'solution' provided was to use the outlook app and use…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Beta version Very unorganized compared to the regular outlook. Make it better if updating

If you want to change Outlook,which I think is at the moment the most organized email to use. Make it more easy to use. make it so I don't have to search in drop down menus to find where I block spam. And improve spam filter. If I get 50 different Spam emails from "Anna" within a week,but each uses a slightly different email address,make it easier for us to block them all etc. Have a CLEAN and easy to use and Intuitiv UI,where everything is obvious.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Search Old / Older email

I am wondering where some of my older emails went to. I know I didn't delete them, but they don't show up is search. I'm guessing your software deletes emails that are older than a certain date. How do I recover these emails.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Search by year / find old mails / number of pages

Hi

With the new version, I cannot find old mails sent 2-3 weeks ago. There are no numbering pages, I have to scroll and scroll...it's boring.
    If I could go to the next pages and so one, it would be faster. With Gmail, we can change the page.

Also, I would for example see my mail sent in 2016 but it's impossible. The only way is to scroll until 2016...but I have thousand of mails!
    With Gmail, I can search a range "after:2016/1/1 before:2016/6/1"
    With Outlook, I must know the exact date DD/MM/YYYY. I can't search by year und between…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Maps

When I click on 'maps', the maps do not appear.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I verify my hours by searching a month's worth of emails for each client. Not able to do this in the new version.

Need to have a selective dates search for incoming and outgoing email from one sender. Businesses need a functional mail system. Beyond frustrated and feeling betrayed. If it's not corrected after this month's invoices are sent out, I'll be moving the business side of my emails over to my Gmail account. On a side note, who thought it would be a good idea to roll out a system without full functionality and let people "vote" on what they want added. At least start with what you originally offered and ask people to vote to expand upon the basics.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. not JUST white text people... come on stop being lazy. > ITS WHITE TEXT ON WHITE BACKGROUND. screwy theme files. > try*3 etc..

not JUST white text people... come on stop being lazy. > ITS WHITE TEXT ON WHITE BACKGROUND. screwy theme files. > try*3 etc..

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Outlook beta is ghastly.

In an effort to learn more about searching my emails I visited the beta version - and I'm delighted that you're able to opt back out again, because that's exactly what I did.
    The new layout is simply horrible...end of story.
    Why have three sections - what's wrong with just having a nice listing of emails that you can easily scan down.
    There's no logic in that "select an item to read" section - why not access it straight from the basic list? It makes me feel claustrophobic somehow - kind of wedged into a small space.
    Sincerely hope that…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

I did not like the new email organization, it got extremely polluted. It is difficult to search and read emails. It's too bad to move.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

Can you please put back That when you click the "go back" arrow in the search box, it puts you back where you left off. Instead of putting you back at the top of your search thus having to find where you were by scrolling back through what you already went through.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Click To does not Display Contacts

Previously, all I had to do was click on a contact person, and then their email address, and I could start typing my email message. I cannot do this now. Plus, it does not send when I hit send, instead putting the message in draft.
    I also must hand type each and every email address again that I already save in my contact list for each person. What have you changed?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

Your help search couldn't find its * with both hands and a road map. By the way, this new outlook really sucks. You should scrap this ** and start over.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

Unlike the previous version of Outlook.com, there is either no way to get directly back to a searches filtered view or it is not obvious. I used to be able to hit the escape key, go back (Alt+Left Arrow), or select the Search Header in the Navigation Pane to go back and see exactly where I was in the review of search results.
    Please correct this or teach me how it now works.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base