OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can't see the complete email; no way to double click and enlarge the page. Hate it!!

Make it so we can see the entire email. Can't see the whole thing and it's frustrating

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cool Things from old version no more... :_(

I cannot do ADVANCED SEARCH, that means specifically , that I want to search Text inside every message and not just the date...the date?! and thats the first thing someone don´t remeber again!

And where it is the option where I can see the List of Mails in ONE column?
    that for me was clearly...with 3 windows at the same time makes me crazy...please give the option...again...

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. html email fails to render properly. Graphics don't load

most of the time html email fails to render properly. Graphics don't load and there are NO links to add senders to safe senders list or to show graphics. So - back to non-beta I go.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Deleting spam mails should permanently delete them

At the moment deleting mails within the spam folder moves them to the trash folder. If the spam mail keeps being unread, the trash folder gets marked as it contains an unread mail.
    In my opinion it would be better if deleting spam mails would permanently delete them (possibly with an option for undoing that deletion) or at least mark them as read.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. sweep

the sweep option disappears when search results are displayed.... so, if i realise i have lots of emails from one address and i want to set a rule to sweep them... how can i use sweep if it's not there?

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. search

The search function has taken a step back. Yes it's nice that it's just a single search box, but, without the ability to filter, it's useless. This is bad enough that I'd forego the entire new design. Either allow other conditions in the search string, such as "folder:saved" or put the filters back on the navigation bar so that folder, dates, etc. can be used to filter search results.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Moving email to folders, cannot scroll the "move to . . ." folder list

When moving an email to a folder by highlighting it and selecting "move to . . ." from the drop down list, you cannot scroll through the folder list, but have to search. This is inconvenient when you only have a vague memory of which folder you need to move the email into

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Poor feedback format

Please don't make me search over 700 possible problems to attempt to find what I'm looking for. If you really wanted feedback you would have actually done anything other than this lunacy.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

Please reinstate advanced searching. I can't imagine how I will get to a specific date over a year ago.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Visually awful, especially on small devices

I have tried this new look and find it awful from a visual aspect. The smaller the screen, the harder it is to read what is on the screen due to the increased number of vertical columns. Some search aspects are improved, but I would not subscribe or change to this new format.
    If the new format is enforced, I may be forced, after 20+ years as an Outlook user, to find an alternative email supplier

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Problems with "search" tool

I had problems finding emails that I used to find faster and easily.I like the improvement of see an email and the whole message list simultaneosly.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Rename it

Let's go back to calling this Hotmail. Having a product named Outlook and another called Outlook.com seems to be confusing your search engine.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

Can you please put back That when you click the "go back" arrow in the search box, it puts you back where you left off. Instead of putting you back at the top of your search thus having to find where you were by scrolling back through what you already went through.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. make search bar a universal search for both contacts and use bing to find local businesses etc

On my android phone, my phone app lets me search my contacts but also utilise web search to find details on local businesses so I can call them directly.
    It would be great if the search bar could leverage Bing/Cortana to not just locate contacts, but also search business details, allowing you to contact them directly rather than searching the internet manually and copying a contact email address into the email.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. There is no way to change the from email address. I have 3 emails accounts, but I was unable to choose what email address to reply from.

There is no way to change the from email address. I have 3 emails accounts tied to the account, but I was unable to choose what email address to reply from.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. New feedback from Outlook.com (React)

Youve created categories again in the new beta, however once you have emails in categories I cannot find any way to search or access the emails in those categories, they arent in the left hand side and there doesnt appear to be any way to search filtering via category, so whats the point?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. collapse by date

In previous version it was possible to collapse or expand the inbox based on date (e.g. yesterday, two weeks ago, last month, older etc..). Now i just have an endless string of inbox and if i want an email from 3 weeks ago, i have to scroll down way too much! And yes, i do not organise my inbox with folder as i find the search function useful enough to retrive any email. But in previous version my inbox could be collapsed so i did not end up with a string of endless messages.

Please can you enable this function…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Search for the FOLDER itself. Hyperlink to containing Folder when viewing email.

A. Need a way to search for the Folder itself (for people using LOTS of folders)

B. When on an email from a search, clearly show containing Folder Name with an active hyperlink to the folder.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When moving email to folders. You can't choose from your full list of folders> Only a partial choice list pops up.

I stopped using beta today because the way the move email to folders is set
    up. After you click on the move icon to move or save emails to folders, only a few named folders options pop up. Beta wants you to type in search box the folder your looking for to move items. I can't remember all the folders with specific names so it won't work for me.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base