OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Dislike]:Email and calendar appointment times do not match

External emails received with appointment reminders have the option to "Show on calendar". When enabled, the appointment time shown on the calendar is UTC versus the email which is my current time zone.

Example: an email reminder of an appointment at 8am PDT will show on the calendar as 3pm when "Show on calendar" is enabled.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Outlook Meeting

Organizing meetings in Outlook. Perhaps you could add "Not available" from / till in addition to the "Start time" and "End time" in the appointment scheduling window. So the total busy time in the calendar for the others would be the duration of the "not available" time and not only the duration of the meeting. Thus, someone would not schedule a new meeting immediately after the first meeting is over.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. [Suggestion]:Please add an input box for descriptions to pop-up when adding a new event

In the current outlook web, users have to click "more option" to add a description for an event when adding the new event.

This is less efficient than Google Calendar which shows an input box whenever a user adds a new event.

So, please add an input box for descriptions to pop-up when adding a new event.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. [Suggestion]:Enable Calendar Event With No Color

Calendar - enable creating an event with no category or color - just text.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. [Suggestion]:Can't delete calendar

已删除的日历仍可通过Exchange协议同步。导致删除无效。
    Deleted calendar can be sync with exchange protocol, which makes the delete failed.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Weather Missing Randomly in Daily Agenda

I like the idea of local weather showing up in the Agenda screen or select cities. I have been working with the outlook team, and they are telling me that if the specific weather report is missing they will not post it.
    I am wondering if the weather report was pulled an hour or two later, if you would have them to post on a more consistent basis?

It would be nice if you could support weather reports from several cities.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [Suggestion]:Why can't I install web Calendar as an app?

Why can't I install web Calendar as an app?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow updates to Calendar Invites that don't trigger approvals on moderated groups

Would like the option to update a meeting invitation to a moderated group without having to send out the update notification since the group is moderated. One invitation is enough.

Currently when a meeting invitation is sent to a moderated group, the moderator has to approve it. If the meeting is updated for any reason, the moderator will have to re-approve the invitation.

An option to not send updates to a moderated group would be excellent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. automatic travel entry on calendar does not find latest flight info

Outlook found my flight and added it automatically to my calendar. When I received an email from the airline changing the flight time, Outlook did not update. Then, I could not correct the flight times myself because the automatic entry is uneditable. Nor can I forward the itinerary to anyone. So I am deleting the automatic entries and adding them back myself.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Merge events on shared calendar

I would love to see events merge in the shared calendar view. In my office many people are attendees to the same events and when we share our calendars each event shows up multiple times. If the events could be merged it would be much cleaner and easier to use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [Suggestion]:Calendar documentation requires a review on relevant resolution steps.

The instructions provided for importing an ics file into Outlook Calendar online provide steps to click the calendar button at the bottom-left and then select 'import calendar'; This button provides non of these options and only opens a new instance of calendar in a new pane;
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/import-or-subscribe-to-a-calendar-in-outlook-on-the-web-503ffaf6-7b86-44fe-8dd6-8099d95f38df
    I suspect your documentation is out-of-date.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [Suggestion]:Will you add a baseball icon and a football icon to the calendars? Only soccer is available. Thank you.

Can you add a baseball icon for imported calendars in Other Calendars? You only have soccer available. Thank you.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add 'Never' as an option for default calendar reminders

It is possible to set a reminder on an event to 'Never' - however for some reason it is not possible to set this as the default option. It seems an easy thing to add and would make a big difference! I do not use event reminders so every time I add an event I have to remember to select 'Never'.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. deleted meeting details

Allow the user to be able to display the Teams Meeting details in the body of the email after being deleted. So far, the only way to join after having deleted the meeting details in the body is to click into the Join Teams Meeting option at the top of the window header, which is not user friendly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. [Dislike]:Really depressing

I am just amazed that a major organization has something that is as bad as outlook.com calendar (web). The look is really bad and one example is an event that happens every 2 years on a certain date and cannot be set up. What is really bad is there is no indications of any improvements. I've been using this for many years and have had to switch to google calendar because it is just so bad.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Automatically remove cancelled meetings

"Automatically accept meeting requests" and "remove canceled meetings should be separate options". These are two distinct actions and user should have ability to manage process them differently.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. [Dislike]:Hard to get address from web version of calendar

It's super annoying trying to copy an address from a calendar entry on the web version. Try it and you'll see what I mean. Furthermore, I should be able to just click the address and it should go to Bing maps or something similar. I really hate Google but their calendar has all this functionality.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Family calendar iPhone

I had previously manually created a “family calendar” that I shared and was therefore visible on outlook web, app and iOS calendar app. The latest update seems to have absorbed my manually created “family calendar” items into the new “my family” shared calendar which I do not recall being ask d permission for, however this new “my family” calendar is not visible in iOS calendar. Please resolve ASAP as not everyone uses the outlook app.

168 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. [Dislike]:Calendar repeat has no setting for fifth day

I want you to increase the 5th Saturday to repeat the calendar

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Birthday list to stop msgs

Hi Nev, thanks for contacting us.
    You can't remove these reminders from our app, I'm afraid.
    Please go here from a computer:
    https://outlook.live.com/owa/?path=/options/birthdaycalendar
    Select "turn off the birthday calendar" then click on "save". You should stop receiving those after that.
    Also, thanks for your feedback, we know there are many things we can improve, we're working hard to implement new features and upgrades with every update.
    Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base