OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Family calendar iPhone

I had previously manually created a “family calendar” that I shared and was therefore visible on outlook web, app and iOS calendar app. The latest update seems to have absorbed my manually created “family calendar” items into the new “my family” shared calendar which I do not recall being ask d permission for, however this new “my family” calendar is not visible in iOS calendar. Please resolve ASAP as not everyone uses the outlook app.

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

37 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Quarterly recurrences for appointments, meetings, and/or tasks

Outlook recurrence patterns currently include "Daily", "Weekly", "Monthly", and "Yearly". Can a "Quarterly" recurrence pattern be added? This would save time having to manually insert reminders in the calendar each quarter.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change the organiser/admin of existing Outlook appointment series

This would be helpful in case someone leaves the company or changes his function internally and has reserved certain meetingrooms with an appointment series. Right now the current organiser has to cancel the series and at the same time the other person who takes over needs to send a new invitation. However there are always problems with this method and it's quite time consuming to copy the series manually. Would also be a nice feature to have for general appointments.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Shared calender functionality lost

An update as changed functionality in my 1 shared calender that I have (for family events). There is no longer the option to change the 'charm' or colour for the shared calender? on my own calenders I have the 3 dot menu option, but on the shared calender, it is not there. So I cannot set the charm or colour to what it automatically used to be when I create a new event. I have to change it manually each time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Capacity planning

In Outlook you can create resource agenda to book them. Please make sure that you also can create an agenda in which you can handle the capacity planning. In these times we are searching for a way for co-workers to reserve a desk in our building. Now we have to create a resource for each desk. Would be nice if we can accommodate this with a other type of agenda.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. minutes

add 45 minutes option in the list of time slot available in the endtime field when creating an invitation
    lot of people don't need a 30min or 1h meeting but 45 to have some buffer
    the same can be achieved by macro but we can ask all employee to create a macro for it

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Agenda pane options

Please allow me to switch "Agenda Pane" on or off in "Settings." I know a lot of people like it but I don't use it and it makes my calendar too narrow. It is especially annoying when it opens just to tell me I don't have anything going on that day. I am smart enough to read my calendar and figure that out.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add ability for Zoom Meetings to be added to calendar.

Outlook.com should be able to read emails that contain Zoom meeting requests (usually with a weblink) and add them to calendars.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create a recurrent event on the multiple random dates at once in the Outlook Calendar

I would like to create a recurrent event to select multiple random dates at once. Because we don’t want the event to recur in regular cycle.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Group bookning certain people

Book in Group calendar without bookning yourself.
    When making a bookning in a group calendar, but only want to book some of the members of the group.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. define number of weeks in calendar view

I want to define how many weeks I view in my "monthly" calendar view, typically 3 weeks so I can see more on each day

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. See all events for the recurrent item including events whose date/time has been modified

I would like to see or obtain all events for the recurrent item including events whose date/time has been modified. Because If we change the date or time for one of the recurrent event, it’s no longer treated as the recurrent item and we are not able to identify when the item has been changed by opening the original recurrent item.
    So, it would be great if we could see all events for the recurrent item including events whose date/time has been modified.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Merge calanders

Please create a MERGE CALANDERS OPTION I wish to merge my google and outlook calendar together

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make it possible to schedule a meeting in Outlook.com (on the mobile app) and add a Zoom meeting

Currently it is possible to schedule a meeting in the Outlook mobile app for Office 365 accounts and have the option to schedule a Zoom meeting instead of just a teams or skype for business meeting.

Currently Outlook.com accounts in the Outlook mobile app only seem to support scheduling an online meeting through regular Skype (which isn't very helpful these days).

It is possible to add the Zoom plugin to Outlook.com accounts and use it via the web, it just doesn't seem possible to use that in the mobile app for Outlook.com accounts

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. [Suggestion]:Easy time setting (24 hour enabling)

Allow easy shorthand for event time (e.g. 24 hour format; 1200, 0800, 1700). Google calendars does this, and that aspect alone saves individuals 2 minutes/event of failed attempts to set times for meetings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add bcc field to calendar /meeting invitations

Due to privacy and GDPR we would like to be able to send meeting invitations but not share everyone's email addresses. I admit it sounds odd - but some stakeholders/service users use personal email addresses rather than business accounts and it's currently cumbersome sending everyone of those separate invitations.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. recurring event

We should be able to list all our recurring events, like we can on the PC-based Outlook calendar application.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. calendar 2 week view

Calendar: Agenda, Day, 3 days, month

A new view: 2 weeks
    (with the settings/view ofthe month)
    I want to see more/all my points from my day not just 3)

With the month view i see 6 weeks but not all daily points. I need only 2 weeks and want to see more daily points.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Indicator when OneNote pages are linked to a calendar item

I like to connect OneNote pages to calendar items. I often do this before a meeting to capture topics I would like to cover. I sometimes use the same OneNote page during or after the meeting to capture minutes or notes for future reference.

First, I would love if a calendar item would have a purple dot or some other indicator showing that I have already linked a OneNote page to that calendar item. Second, I would like to have fewer clicks when linking OneNote to a calendar item. Today I have to open the calendar item, click the OneNote…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Meeting goal section in calendar invite

In an effort to have all attendees be aware of the goal/intent of the meeting (more effective meeting) - would love to see a standardized section in the calendar invite section near Location area to prompt a Meeting Goal. To be entered by the meeting organizer and with a reminder (like location) to prompt an organizer to enter a goal if overlooked or purposely NOT enter a goal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 42 43
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base