OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Blocked email selected not being blocked

blocked email not being blocked

1,800 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  993 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Too much junk / spam: Junk folder becoming to inundated

20 year user moving to new platform. Flooded my junk box with advertisements now I have to search for any emails that may be of value to me that don't automatically filter to my inbox. It's a shame.

1,641 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  753 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Obvious spam being sent to Inbox

Why is obvious spam not going to Junk or being blocked. 42 emails with the same "From" and "Subject" that arrived within 120 secs to my Inbox. These should have been filtered out and deleted or at the very least sent to Junk. Why weren't they?

471 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  56 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rules for junk

PLEASE add rules for junk mail. I often get mail in my junk mail that is actually useful, so I look in there often. Lately, I've been getting SO MANY phishing emails from Save Yourself trying to "blackmail" me into sending them bitcoin, and it automatically goes to my junk folder, but I want anything with the words "Save Yourself" to be deleted so I don't have to look at it. Their emails contain an old password of mine, and their emails are all different, so even if I block one, I'll get another email from a different address in…

258 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  28 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Return Receipt

Return Receipt when e-mail is sent

851 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

163 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. QUIT MARKING EMAIL SPAM AFTER I HAVE SAID THEY ARE NOT SPAM

QUIT PUTTING EMAILS IN SPAM FOLDER AFTER I HAVE SAID THEY ARE NOT SPAM!!!!!

313 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  46 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Problems with Blocked Senders list and junk mail Filter Options.

1. The Blocked Senders list puts email from Blocked Senders into my Junk Mail folder, rather than into my Deleted Files folder, due to the differing and changing subdomains that the spammers use.

2. Outlook does not allow wildcard (*) to block all subdomains from each email domain.

3. The filter options to block all subdomains from each domain don't work.

4. How do I block all email with address in the PATTERN of a@a.b.c? Notice that a@a.b.c is a PATTERN, not an email address. An example of a particular spammer's address is holdon@holdon.luxuryzero.com which is in the PATTERN…

202 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  45 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Junk e-mail: block e-mail addresses using wildcards (eg *@*.can

Junk e-mail: why can't you allow the user to block e-mails using a wildcard and only part of the e-mail address? I receive, EVERY DAY, emails from pharmacy<something>.can and I want to block *@*.can instead of wasting my time to block every single instance, every single day

483 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

216 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Need a "block domain" option from Inbox.

Please give us the option of one click to select the "block domain" option from our Inbox. Thanks!

316 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  105 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. mailbox not receiving mail

My mailbox is still not receiving email after deleting a bunch of emails yesterday. What's the deal and how do I get my mailbox/account active again?

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. dark mode issues

The overall issue is darkmode is very hard to work with as a developer, until recently we could override certain things that were breaking but the recent update adds !important to the inlined styles so we can no longer fix the bugs it causes.

A few of the bugs that we’re facing include...
    Light colours are adjusted but dark are not, leading to a lack of visual structure where contrast is being used.
    When dark text is applied to a light background image the text is made light but the background stays the same making it very hard to read …

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. minutes

add 45 minutes option in the list of time slot available in the endtime field when creating an invitation
    lot of people don't need a 30min or 1h meeting but 45 to have some buffer
    the same can be achieved by macro but we can ask all employee to create a macro for it

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can't see my avatar anymore. Replaced by initals.

Can't see my avatar anymore. Replaced by initals.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  21 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Unwanted "subscriptions".

Anyway to "select all" of subscriptions and then "unselect" the ones I really subscribed to??????

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. SAFE SENDERS BROKEN!!

Safe Senders all deleted and cannot save new ones!!

135 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. my junk folder is gone, so is my Focused and Others? Help!!!

Where are these folders? Did Microsoft change something the week of April 9th 2018??

793 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

142 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry people are experiencing issues here. We have gone back to the old behavior for the left-hand folder tree to always show since last year and we hope this has addressed most issues.

There are some reports in the comments about individual folders not showing up. In order for us to get to the bottom of the issue, please post as much detail as possible in your comments. What steps are you taking? Which browser/computer/operating system are you using?

Thank you for your help.

17. Hide some sensitive informations in our account (outlook.com)

I propose to hide the date when we changed our password. Because this is considered as a sensitive information. Sometimes people forget to log out of their account at work or school, and the next person who will use the computer will be able to access to their mailbox and view their personal informations, such the date the password was changed. Some persons I know have lost their account because of that and the malicious person contacted the support and provided them the date when the password was changed (in addition to other personal informations) to make it look like…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Outlook not blocking spam. Just sends it to my junk file for me to deal with.

Outlook has no valid answer on how to stop all the spam emails.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Email Headers not Parse-able from View Message Source

The "View Message Source" function in the Outlook.com browser web app modifies the original Email Headers of a message and makes them impossible for header parsing tools to read the headers of the message correctly. This current view folds all of the white space and makes other formatting changes to render the full header un-parse-able by tools like https://mxtoolbox.com/emailheaders.aspx.

Please modify the "View Message Source" to display the un-modified version of the full email headers so that it can be easily copied and pasted into an RFC parser and be readable by the parser.

p.s. If you double click…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please add scheduled emails feature. This feature is long overdue.

Please add scheduled emails feature. This feature is long overdue.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 301 302
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base