OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

The new Outlook.com

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Infinite scroll makes it impossible to get to old emails

Previous iterations of outlook.com have used pagination or viewport scrolling to allow me to accurately jump to any point in the middle of my inbox. The new layout, however, uses infinite scrolling, meaning that if I want to view a message more than a few days old, I have to scroll to the bottom, wait for a few messages to load, scroll to the bottom, wait for more messages to load, ad infinitum.

In fact, I can't any way in the new inbox of jumping to a historical email. If I can remember that I received an email at the…

3,913 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

223 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Send" goes to drafts

Everything I "send" goes to drafts and doesn't get sent.

790 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

367 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there, I understand that we’re having sporadic problems with sending email, specifically that they are being moved to the Drafts folder but don’t seem to be sending.

One reason why this could happen is if your account becomes flagged for suspicious behavior. If you find yourself in this situation, please follow account verification instructions that are shown on the draft.

3. Return Receipt

Return Receipt when e-mail is sent

632 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

124 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Deleted items re-appearing

Getting really sixk of deleting emails only to have them reappear multiple times.

467 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

548 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for submitting feedback on this issue. We are actively investigating what may be occurring here and plan to address this issue as quickly as possible. Whenever possible, please also include your browser and browser version so we can better isolate the problem. Thanks for your continued help!

5. Scroll Bar Disappearing

How the **** can you subject your users to a product as bad as this?

The scrol bar keeps disappearing. The list of emails keeps updating.

Are you mad?

434 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

104 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey! I’m really sorry to hear that you all are experiencing this issue with the scroll bar. We were able to reproduce the issue on an Edge browser, but I’m wondering if you’ve experienced the same thing on other browsers too?

Can you fill out this form letting us know which browser you’re using when you get this issue, and any other info that might be relevant? We’ll try to fix it asap.

https://forms.microsoft.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbR3M5kvKXLUxLg5HHvJDXsGlUMFI3OU1EOUtURjlMN0NHVTZJUjZJSFVYQS4u

- Colin

6. Can't attach files - STILL!

Outlook.com has become a failure. It would seem that 90% of the time I'm unable to send an email with an attachment as I get to notifications to say either "The following files couldn't be attached" or "this message can't be saved at the moment". If this is a lame attempt to have me use the cloud or go 'pro' it has failed. I will now go to Gmail. MS - you're becoming a legacy and not current and vital!!

280 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "Get started" new box under emails

I have this new "get started" section at the foot of my inbox and I cant delete it even though all the boxes are ticked. What is happening?

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Reducing Spam/Junk emails

Allow Outlook users to block sender's name that uses the same name in multiple Spam emails that contain different numbers in the sender's information. Legitimate senders will have one sender address that Outlook will recognize if user marks it Not Spam/Junk.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Dark theme with dark mode and dark writing pan

dark theme is not available with dark mode also in dark mode the writing pan is still in light mode. make it dark as well to avoid eyes irritation and save battery life as well

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Mail > Subscription

Hotmail/Outlook- Mail > Subscriptions > I can not delete newsletters I did not subscribe to
    Under my settings>mail>subscriptions - there is a ton of newsletters/junk email/spam that I never added and can not delete. I don't know how they got there and how can i remove them.

No matter what I've tried to delete these it doesn't work - spammers latched themselves this way?

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. my junk folder is gone, so is my Focused and Others? Help!!!

Where are these folders? Did Microsoft change something the week of April 9th 2018??

755 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

84 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry people are experiencing issues here. We have gone back to the old behavior for the left-hand folder tree to always show since last year and we hope this has addressed most issues.

There are some reports in the comments about individual folders not showing up. In order for us to get to the bottom of the issue, please post as much detail as possible in your comments. What steps are you taking? Which browser/computer/operating system are you using?

Thank you for your help.

12. Calendar events only display as dots on the date of the event; there is no event description

Events on the calendar do not appear as text, only as several dots.

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all, sorry to hear that you’re having this issue. The calendar events will display as dots when you are in the month view and your browser window is too small to display each event for each day.

You could try making your browser window larger, so that more events can be displayed.

Our teams are also investigating whether they could display more events in that space as well… we’ll keep you posted!

Colin

13. server block

block servers just as @heavy-city.appspot.com that create hundreds of spam and phishing messages with random and various account names/handles.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. SAFE SENDERS BROKEN!!

Safe Senders all deleted and cannot save new ones!!

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  34 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Dark mode

Dark mode gone!!! Please bring it back.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make Dark Mode work with other Themes

The outlook.com dark mode is great start. Please make the Outlook.com Dark Mode even darker! Remove the blue title bar and all blue from the Dark Mode (at least give us the option). Blue light is bad for the eyes!

It appears the black theme is disabled for dark mode. We need a total blackout mode.

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

88 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Too much junk from newsletter@***.us

Filter out emails from newsletter@*.us - there has been in influx of spam coming from this format of email address. All go to junk mail, but I'd like to see them go straight to Trash. Cannot use * currently in Rules.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. "empty folder" option on inbox is dangerous

please disable the "empty folder" option when right clicking on inbox

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Multiple Calendar Reminders

I am looking at Office 365 as a viable alternative to Google Apps. One of the most useful features of Google Calendar is that I can have multiple reminders specified. So for instance my default is to receive a reminder 2 weeks ahead, 1 week ahead, 2 days ahead and 2 hours ahead.

I can only see an option for one reminder on the Office 365 calendar and can't see how to add more. This is a serious omission. A basic calendar requirement in my opinion.

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Dark theme/mode for the phone app?

Dark theme/mode for the phone app?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)